• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Future Episodes

Definitely not a very exciting preview, but there were some super cute moments so I'll give it that! Plusle and Minun are so adorable :bulbaLove:

Moody Drizzile better be a fake out. I really don't need to see a repeat performance of the disobedient middle stage starter.

How can you be sure?
Screenshot_20210319_201722_com.android.chrome.jpg

I’m very disappointed in the lack of Pokémon World Championship episodes. I was really excited to see what would come out of it, but I feel like the writers have no idea how to pace it. The fact that most upcoming episodes just seem to be fillers doesn’t give me a lot of hope.
We just had one. I want to see Gary and Iris already, but this series is going to be as long as DP (at least). Yes, they are obviously going to pad it out.

We just had one. I want to see Gary and Iris already, but this series is going to be as long as DP (at least). Yes, they are obviously going to pad it out.

Given how fast paced Journeys is, I'd be shocked if it lasted for four years. It wouldn't be impossible, especially with Legends' release date making people question when the ninth generation could be release too, but it would make a lot of decisions with the series more questionable in hindsight if it lasts for four or more years.

Given how fast paced Journeys is, I'd be shocked if it lasted for four years. It wouldn't be impossible, especially with Legends' release date making people question when the ninth generation could be release too, but it would make a lot of decisions with the series more questionable in hindsight if it lasts for four or more years.
It seems OLM was expecting the usual 3-year format while Game Freak had other plans. We can't be sure whether Gen 9 will wait an extra year due to Legends, although that'd be the most possible considering GF's one game-only yearly release.

In this case, was Legends an afterthought decision, or was there a lack of communication between GF and OLM?

My question exactly. At that point, it’s basically the Goldeen of Ash’s team considering it’s not suited for survival on land by its own biology.
The only upside to this is that it leaves the door open for Ash to catch another Pokémon, one he can actually use in any circumstance. Poor Dracovish though :(

It seems OLM was expecting the usual 3-year format while Game Freak had other plans. We can't be sure whether Gen 9 will wait an extra year due to Legends, although that'd be the most possible considering GF's one game-only yearly release.

In this case, was Legends an afterthought decision, or was there a lack of communication between GF and OLM?

Even if they did expect the usual three year format, it would still make some decisions like giving Goh a Cinderace before the end of the series' first year stranger in retrospect. I doubt that Legends was an afterthought decision, mainly because of how long they would have had to have the game already in the planning stages and they had another developer involved with BD/SP. A lack of communication between GF and OLM seems more likely by comparison, but even that might not be the case. We don't know if or how the anime is going to promote these new games, so it's hard to say for sure if OLM wasn't made aware of them until the last minute at this point.

Sobble evolves and apparently it becomes emo just like Raboot :LOL:
It seems that they ran out of ideas, and are just recycling plots.
Jimereon's description says it is lazy, yes. But we've had some oddballs before.
My question exactly. At that point, it’s basically the Goldeen of Ash’s team considering it’s not suited for survival on land by its own biology.
The Heracross treatment too, catch and drop as soon as possible.
It leaves an spot that could be filled by something more functional/unexpected.
Man, seeing that Glalie really makes me miss Ash’s. Poor guy was so underused.
I was fooled into thinking it was Satoshi's Onigohri, really wanted it back.

I still don't like the next episode, unneeded filler.

I was thinking of more on the lines of character and battle experience.
Assuming it does have difficulty surviving outside of water, that can hinder its development and continue to cause a lack of screen time (by the time we see it again, over ten episodes will have passed).

Gorebyss, Absol and Glalie, I wonder how many episodes the PV covers after the Sobble one?

I wonder if we will be going into a Hoenn focus arc? We've already had the Kanto birds and Johto beasts represented, maybe the Hoenn Lati's or Regi's are coming soon?

It seems that they ran out of ideas, and are just recycling plots.
Jimereon's description says it is lazy, yes. But we've had some oddballs before.
Or they are just remaining true to the dex entry. 1 Second of footage is hardly enough to state it will go through the exact same arc as Raboot. Each starter shrugging Goh off after evolving may also be a running joke. I expect Drizzile to be the lazy to Raboots standoffish.

Given how popular starters are, I don't think it would make much sense from a marketing standpoint to categorize them wildly differently from their dex entry, especially when they are the only one of their species that we see.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom