• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Future Episodes

The Water episode looks cute, I hope the fandom won't explode if it turns out to be a Pikachu short-like one. The Ice episode was inevitable, I think it will take place in Sinnoh.

Gorebyss, Absol and Glalie, I wonder how many episodes the PV covers after the Sobble one?

I wonder if we will be going into a Hoenn focus arc? We've already had the Kanto birds and Johto beasts represented, maybe the Hoenn Lati's or Regi's are coming soon?

This has been happening for a long time, remember Feebas, Flygon, Marshtomp, Gulpin and now Plusle & Minun...I think a member of the crew really likes that generation lol.

Or they are just remaining true to the dex entry. 1 Second of footage is hardly enough to state it will go through the exact same arc as Raboot. Each starter shrugging Goh off after evolving may also be a running joke. I expect Drizzile to be the lazy to Raboots standoffish.

Given how popular starters are, I don't think it would make much sense from a marketing standpoint to categorize them wildly differently from their dex entry, especially when they are the only one of their species that we see.
If the writers are picking this series to be true to the Pokédex then Dracovish is doomed since according to it it can’t breath unless it’s underwater.

Also, to the marketing angle, from a marketing standpoint, you’d think that they’d have given at least one to Ash since it’d be guaranteed to be put into action and get moments to shine in a variety of situations yet here we are. I genuinely would love to know the marketing team’s thought process with this series.

If the writers are picking this series to be true to the Pokédex then Dracovish is doomed since according to it it can’t breath unless it’s underwater.
Dracovish's Dex Entrees are BS. Cara Liss created it and made some shit up on the spot. :ROFLMAO:

Also, to the marketing angle, from a marketing standpoint, you’d think that they’d have given at least one to Ash since it’d be guaranteed to be put into action and get moments to shine in a variety of situations yet here we are. I genuinely would love to know the marketing team’s thought process with this series.
Looking at the amount of screentime Ash's PWC quest gets, there's no guarantee they would've "shined in a variety of situations"

They gave them to Gou because they knew Gou would be the one having more Focus than Ash in this series

Dracovish's Dex Entrees are BS. Cara Liss created it and made some shit up on the spot. :ROFLMAO:

Looking at the amount of screentime Ash's PWC quest gets, there's no guarantee they would've "shined in a variety of situations"

They gave them to Gou because they knew Gou would be the one having more Focus than Ash in this series
While Cara Liss makes things up, Dracovish seems more justified seeing as it has a fish for a head.

Also, the focus aspect feels more like a symptom of the overall problem with this series.Not only is it a total sham to its own premise but giving them to Go doesn’t fix the issue of focus either. Even with him, at most, all that can be said is they exist. They really don’t get to do much and I wouldn’t say they get focus either. With Go, they get about as much to do as if they were owned by a companion as opposed to a protagonist.

I just saw an image of what I assume Ash's current PWC ranking is. I'm even less sure how they can make this series last for four years if he's already that high up in the rankings. I guess it's possible that they'll have more matches more often when he gets to the next class, but considering they're perfectly fine with having Ash have a ton of matches off-screen to boost his rank, I think that giving more proper focus to the PWC would be kind of jarring at this point. Not to mention I still don't have much faith that they'll do that when the PWC feels too much like an afterthought in general. Unless they plan on Ash having another losing streak and actually show him climbing back up again this time instead of having that also happen off-screen, I'm not really sure what's the point of Ash getting that high up the ranks that fast.

I just saw an image of what I assume Ash's current PWC ranking is. I'm even less sure how they can make this series last for four years if he's already that high up in the rankings. I guess it's possible that they'll have more matches more often when he gets to the next class, but considering they're perfectly fine with having Ash have a ton of matches off-screen to boost his rank, I think that giving more proper focus to the PWC would be kind of jarring at this point. Not to mention I still don't have much faith that they'll do that when the PWC feels too much like an afterthought in general. Unless they plan on Ash having another losing streak and actually show him climbing back up again this time instead of having that also happen off-screen, I'm not really sure what's the point of Ash getting that high up the ranks that fast.

A losing streak at this point is practically impossible, since then what was the point in ranking him up off-screen anyways.

A losing streak at this point is practically impossible, since then what was the point in ranking him up off-screen anyways.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it might be more moot or meaningless when we already know that he can get to extremely high ranks. It just seems like such a bizarre decision for Ash to jump up hundreds of ranks off-screen that I'm trying to find some rationale behind it. Even if they just wanted to get to the Hyper Class matches sooner, barely seeing any of Ash's progress to get that rank kind of makes it feel meaningless and I can't see the PWC becoming a bigger deal if they are willing to have so many battles off screen. I'm not even sure how many battles Ash would have needed to win, but I assume it would be quite a lot. Even with how I already felt about the PWC in mind, this decision just feels baffling to me and makes me doubt that the series is going to last longer than three years at this rate.

They didn't give us a new montage of offscreen battles in the last episode, like in JN051.
We can only attempt to imagine who were those he defeated to climb this time.

One could only hope that once Ash gets into the Hyper class that point gain towards his rank slow down considering that he’d share a standing with only 90 other people. Also I’d hope that that would be where the battles stop being like basic battles he’d have in previous series against just random nobodies and instead start getting to the intensity of Gym/Frontier Brain/Trial battles.

One could only hope that once Ash gets into the Hyper class that point gain towards his rank slow down considering that he’d share a standing with only 90 other people. Also I’d hope that that would be where the battles stop being like basic battles he’d have in previous series against just random nobodies and instead start getting to the intensity of Gym/Frontier Brain/Trial battles.
He's likely going to face Bea in the Ultra Class.

If Leon's battles are any indication, the battles will still be primarily one-on-one matches even in the higher classes. Waiting until the Hyper Class to start getting into more intense battles would be way too little, too late for me. It would be nice if he'll actually battle against noteworthy trainers instead of primarily one-shot trainers, but even that should have been done from the start as opposed when Ash is in the second highest class rank in the tournament.

Moody Drizzile better be a fake out. I really don't need to see a repeat performance of the disobedient middle stage starter.
I mean... it’s a pretty elaborate set up if it’s a fake out, specially if they've spelled it out in the previews.
He's likely going to face Bea in the Ultra Class.
That’s pretty obvious, I’d like some new battles. Honestly at this point PWC is up with the Island Challenge for the worst handled goal for me personally.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom