• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Future) Gen 9 Region

RC821

Reaction score
For the next generation after Gen 8, I want the region to be based on Canada, Alaska, Greenland and Saint Pierre and Miquelon, it would be a mixture of Unova, Kalos and Galar.

Last edited:
I like the idea of predicting future Pokemon regions.

Alaska is one of my top picks along with Southeast Asia, Australia, Scandinavia, Greece, Italy, Egypt, Texas, West Africa, India, Mexico, Argentina and (bias coming...) New England.

I've always desired a cold/Scandinavian region. It's just such an underrepresented region idea in media altogether. People usually want to see tropical locations with sunny beaches instead and I can't say I understand that at all.

Nevertheless, I don't think that it will happen in Gen IX. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to a more Eastern region for Generation IX.

India would have everything for a Pokémon region: jungles, deserts, mountains, major population centers, beaches, and a lot of lore to draw from. If there's ever an open-world Pokémon game, India would probably be the optimal choice for a region. The one thing it's missing, though, is a volcanic area.

Iceland is another good idea, but it would be considerably smaller of a region. Still though, varied geography, Norse-inspired lore, and providing the variety of a colder region would still make it a memorable one.

They could mash up a few locations to make up a new location, or be a bit more au-ish or fantasy?
Like you could have a region thats like Mexico if the Aztec culture was kept.
Or you could have a region that was invaded by aliens and now has some influence from them.
Or one where everything looks more steampunk or futuristic or high fantasy or whatever.

A few times ago I had an idea of a region that was divided into two sides with different color schemes and based on different places, and that each side was owned by a different royal family, but the two royal families were rivals to each other.

Honestly, I feel like a good one would be a futuristic region, where the region is in the skies. There is a huge barrier around the area and the only reason people and pokemon can live here is that circulated air from the main planet, pokemon being rescued from the main planet, and artificial plants. Nobody knows of the outside except for officials (Gym Leaders, Champions), the professor, the evil team, and politicians.

I got the idea for in the skies from an old Fan Pokemon Game on Roblox and the barrier from The Giver

Maybe it is too early to think about the 9th gen but I would like it to be set in New Zealand. I love New Zealand with its mountains, landscapes and beaches. Alternatively maybe South America with Ande, Amazzonia and Rio de Janeiro.

I’d personally like to see them create their own region from scratch, without taking influence from an existing location.

The thing I liked best about the first four regions is how they were all connected. For the next region I’d like to see them work on something that can be connected to future regions and be one big continent of sorts.

I'd really love it if they made a region based of Greece or Italy! Seriously, I can see a lot of potential with the architecture, the Pokemon, the music, it could all be very beautiful.

Regions based off Egypt and South America sounds cool too.

Greece would be nice, but I suppose it could be too similar to Hoenn with the Aegean Sea and all of its islands. I wouldn't mind it being Japan-based again; I wouldn't want the franchise to be caught in a cycle of alternating U.S. and European-based regions.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom