• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Future) Gen 9 Region

nothin lol, i just think that some edgelords won't like the game because of the african setting, but pokemon has always done well so I'm probably wrong
Yeah, SwSh's pre-release was embroiled in controversy--online, at least--yet it sold incredibly well. Like you might see some people in the bowels of 4chan mad about an African setting, but I feel like they'd definitely be outweighed by everyone else who is excited for the new games.

And also, An Africa region would be awesome! There's so much culture here! Like, North, West, East and South Africa all have their own languages to start with. Also, the starters could be really cool and cute too! Also the legendaries, there's so much to pull from. Don't forget that Africa is the Cradle of Human Life, so that's a game storyline right there

Out of left field prediction here: Former Yugoslavia. The entire area is extremely picturesque. And while it's not a super prominent tourist destination for Japanese people, Japan does have close diplomatic and economical relations with those countries.

The nature and folklore (plus slavic paganism) is a fertile ground for pokemon, and the architechture and picturesque scenes would make for a truly memorable region.

This might sort of seem like Alola, but I think that Gen 9 should be based in South or North Carolina, or somewhere in the Southeast part of USA. I like the bayou type regions

I think all of Canada is too big to make one region out of, but I could definitely see a province being realistically turned into a region. I that case, I'd likely prefer British Columbia. The "temperate rainforest" would be pretty unique to other regions, and they could also include things like tundras and taigas.

I that case, I'd likely prefer British Columbia. The "temperate rainforest" would be pretty unique to other regions, and they could also include things like tundras and taigas.
A Cascadia region could be interesting.

The reason why I think a Canada-based region would actually make a lot of sense is because it'd be a colder climate (appropriate for some more regional variant Pokémon), and in terms of feel it'd be like a splash of Sinnoh & Kalos, but kind of a foil to Unova.

As for Ontario specifically, it could open the door for a Unova revisited DLC. Maybe there could be a huge waterfall that marks the official border between the two regions, just like how Niagara Falls is on the border between Canada and New York state...and in-universe, the Expansion Pass could be getting a Passport.

...Okay yeah, that's probably not happening, especially since the London-to-Paris Eurostar train did not make it into SwSh, as many people were speculating before. But, we can dream, right?

A China-based Pokémon region is probably out of the question now thanks to COVID.

Haha Chinese region won't happen for at least 3 years. Tr*mp will probably ban the games anyway, cause of the 'kung flu".

I'd love a West African region. Could be full of forests and swamps, and could be a very temperate region

Eh, they still went ahead and put Min Min into Smash so I won't give up hope that we'll see a China Region one day... :unsure:

One other thing that I didn't even know until I did a little digging recently:

I always thought Japan & China had kind of a friendly rivalry with each other, but apparently they hate each other WAY more than most people think. It's not a joke. Apparently the Japanese have a better relationship with America & most of Europe than they do with China - or at least that's what I've heard.

We have already seen references to Taoism & the like in Pokémon games, so make of that what you will, but I thought I'd mention it here since this was true long before COVID-19 was a thing.

The reason why I think a Canada-based region would actually make a lot of sense is because it'd be a colder climate (appropriate for some more regional variant Pokémon), and in terms of feel it'd be like a splash of Sinnoh & Kalos, but kind of a foil to Unova.

As for Ontario specifically, it could open the door for a Unova revisited DLC. Maybe there could be a huge waterfall that marks the official border between the two regions, just like how Niagara Falls is on the border between Canada and New York state...and in-universe, the Expansion Pass could be getting a Passport.

...Okay yeah, that's probably not happening, especially since the London-to-Paris Eurostar train did not make it into SwSh, as many people were speculating before. But, we can dream, right?

A China-based Pokémon region is probably out of the question now thanks to COVID.

If Gen 9 is based on Canada, please let Bonnie be the champion. Also, it have elements of Galar too.

Unpopular opinions: Yugosphere, Romania and Moldova, European Russia and SSR's, Germany and Austria, Scandinavia and Karelia, Poland and Belarus, Turkey, Newfoundland, Rocky mountains and surrounding areas, Switzerland and surrounding areas, and the Middle of the Silk Road.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom