• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Future) Gen 9 Region

I think we will see a region based on a warm, perhaps even tropical location. Kalos is cold/temperate, Alola is tropical, and Galar is cold/temperate again so I figure they'll do a warmer region to balance it out. I'm hoping for a Greek/Roman region (Greece and Italy are relatively warm right?), an Egyptian region, or a southwestern US region.

I was just thinking about this even as I am just playing Galar, and I have a top 5 for next region:

1. Italy or Greece: I feel they are similar enough to only have one or the other, with a mix of history and geography, I think either would be very cool.
  2. Brazil: rainforest, immense river (Amazon) could be connecting point for much of region, lots of interesting Pokémon could be native
  3. Southwestern Canada: the only issue here would be not really that many iconic cities, but the nature is amazing with coastal rainforests going east towards rivers, wetlands, mountains, glaciers, seasons, and geothermal activity.
  4. New Zealand: I think Australia is more likely, but to me New Zealand would be slightly more exciting. Actually having both might be cool, too massive islands, could operate like sinnoh a bit, but with very different and exciting natural features.
  5. Return to Japan: I know most has been covered, but maybe a region that connects Johto and Sinnoh, continuty and cross over to other games would be greater. I don't expect this, but it would be cool. --note on this, if old fans want to feel old, we now have as many regions not based on Japan as based on Japan for the main series, pretty crazy.

Last edited:
New Zealand: I think Australia is more likely, but to me New Zealand would be slightly more exciting. Actually having both might be cool, too massive islands, could operate like sinnoh a bit, but with very different and exciting natural features.
I know this might sound weird, but if we ever get New Zealand I hope we get a moa Pokémon, or a Doduo regional variant based on one. A kiwi Pokémon would also be nice.

Likely never going to happen but I'd want them to go far out there and try something completely new like personally, the Moons of Jupiter, Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.

So far we've had 4 different parts of Japan, Manhattan/New Jersey, France, Hawaii, and Great Britain/Scotland. My hope is that Australia is the next region.
???

Scotland is just part of the island known as Great Britain, FYI.

I want the next region to be based on China.
I second this opinion. After how well they've represented the culture of the UK in Galar, I'd be very excited to see what they do with China. :love:

I was just thinking about this even as I am just playing Galar, and I have a top 5 for next region:
  1. Brazil: rainforest, immense river (Amazon) could be connecting point for much of region, lots of interesting Pokémon could be native

I think that you literrally mean Amazon, because Brazil is too much more. Amazon rainforest cover only a third of the country area. Besides that, less than ten percent of the brazilian population lives there.

Last edited:
I've been reading a book on the history of the Inca Empire and its culture and that got me interested in GF tackling Peru. (I'm aware that the empire spanned across bits of other modern day countries as well but it arose in the Peruvian Highlands as well as having its capital also in Peru).

Just like how Galar had a fascinating dichotomy of the natural world living alongside the industrial, I'd be interested in seeing a Peruvian Region balancing both the Indigenous and Spanish heritage of the country.

I want a region based on my country, Brazil. But I want it to be represented properly. There's more to the country than forests, football and samba. Brazil is really big and culturally diverse so there's lots of potential.

Copperajah's Sword Dex entry states that it came to Galar from another region. Could that region be India? I have a feeling that could be the next region hint that Game Freak;s been doing for the past few gens.

I want a region based on my country, Brazil. But I want it to be represented properly. There's more to the country than forests, football and samba. Brazil is really big and culturally diverse so there's lots of potential.

Hoen was this kind of region if you think about it longer.

Hope that the starters make sense with the region itself more like gen 6 and 7 did, gen 8 feels a little out balance for a european region.

California could also be interesting to see as a Pokemon region. Safari zone in the equivalent to San Diego, fossils obtainable at the Pokemon version of the La Brea tar pits, so on and so forth.

Copperajah's Sword Dex entry states that it came to Galar from another region. Could that region be India? I have a feeling that could be the next region hint that Game Freak;s been doing for the past few gens.
I think that's just a nod to Britain's past of colonialism.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom