• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Future) Gen 9 Region

I would love an Egyptian region but I doubt GF would do something like that.
Also a Chinese region doesn't seem likely considering the relationship between Japan and China. But it would definitely be great.
I guess an Indian region is more likely and that is something I would really like. Actually I would like anything not based off Japan, the US or Europe

Hope that the starters make sense with the region itself more like gen 6 and 7 did, gen 8 feels a little out balance for a european region.
I know the first thing I think of when I think of France are hedgehog chestnuts, a desert dwelling fox, and frog ninjas.

And when I think of Hawaii I think of Robin Hood and World Wrestling Entertainment heel wrestlers. I'll give you the seal though. However 1/6 isn't that great a score.

Has there actually been a time where the starters match up well with their region? Honestly if you wanna pick pokemon that'd be fitting for a french region they would have put Snivy, Torchic, and Piplup in Kalos. Drummer Gorilla, Soccer Bunny, and 007 Chameleon are about as close as any of the others.

Back in 2018 I thought there was a pretty good chance the next region was going to be a Nordic-style region with a cold climate & a Viking theme (as a sharp contrast to the tropical Alola region). But with the Crown Tundra coming out as Galar DLC 2, I think that's officially off the table for awhile.

I've always thought Australia or New Zealand would make for an interesting region, but with Gen 7 being based on a tropical island chain with a surfing culture, and Gen 8 being the UK-inspired Galar, it feels like they need to differentiate the Gen 9 region a bit more.

That's where I'd say a region based on Canada could come in. More specifically, what I think would be cool would be if it were to be geographically based on Ontario, and for there to be a huge waterfall based on Niagara Falls that marked the border between PokeCanada & Unova (possibly the northern upstream of the two rivers that divide Unova?), just like the Canadian border with New York state IRL. And then we could maybe even get a Unova post-game or something.

Okay, that probably isn't happening - especially if we don't eventually see a Kalos DLC later in this Gen - but hey, we can dream, right?

Last edited:
I know the first thing I think of when I think of France are hedgehog chestnuts, a desert dwelling fox, and frog ninjas.

And when I think of Hawaii I think of Robin Hood and World Wrestling Entertainment heel wrestlers. I'll give you the seal though. However 1/6 isn't that great a score.

Has there actually been a time where the starters match up well with their region? Honestly if you wanna pick pokemon that'd be fitting for a french region they would have put Snivy, Torchic, and Piplup in Kalos. Drummer Gorilla, Soccer Bunny, and 007 Chameleon are about as close as any of the others.
I have a feeling they planned the chameleon and gorilla in gen 7 and robon hood and the seal in galar, imagine that twist?

after monotype bunny am interested in what direction they will go but hope its not monotyped generation again.

I for one would love a region based on the Great Lakes area (From Pittsburgh to Chicago E-W and From Toledo to Ontario N-S) (Pokemon Iron and Steel?)

I'm lost on what the Gen 9 region could be based on. GF has already done most of Japan, NYC, France, Hawaii and the UK so it's hard to think of another country or region that is popular and a tourist attraction other than maybe Mexico?

So far we haven't had an artic/sub artic region, an all/mostly desert one, and one with a dry-ish Mediterranean type of climate. I don't think the first two would turn out very popular with the fans though....it would be too much of a risk for the company to take.

I'd like to see a region with lots of rivers maybe since I like them and they haven't had a strong presence in the games or anime, have they?

I don't think the first two would turn out very popular with the fans though....it would be too much of a risk for the company to take.
I feel like the vast majority of fans don't really care about the region's environment as long as it is interesting and fun to explore. I think an arctic or desert region wouldn't be any more unpopular than the others.

Last edited:
I feel like India would be cool, but then that means my India fan-region is nonexistent, which is selfish but who cares :p I'm hoping for south america.

I think a Pokemon region based on Brazil would be great, I always wanted to see more exotic Pokemon based on creatures that haven't been done before. Who knows, maybe Chatot could receive a macaw-based evolution in the region.

I feel like the vast majority of fans don't really care about the region's environment as long as it is interesting and fun to explore. I think an arctic or desert region wouldn't be any more unpopular than the others.

They sure did complain about the amount of water in Hoenn. I imagine it would be the same if it was snow everywhere.

They sure did complain about the amount of water in Hoenn. I imagine it would be the same if it was snow everywhere.
Design-wise* I think that was mainly because of the fact that the water routes weren't very diverse and had very little to do besides battle if I remember correctly. If a region was mostly snowy but the routes themselves were very unique and interesting then I don't think it would be as much of a problem. I mean, you can have snowy tundra, snowy forests, snowy beaches, snowy caves, etc.

*I think HMs and random encounters are also reasons why Hoenn water routes are disliked, but those obviously wouldn't be an issue in a post-LGPE game.

Last edited:
Far-Future Tokyo.

This is a proposed mega-city to be constructed for the next century, and it'd make an interesting part of a region. I'd envision it having a Department store, two gyms (one on the bottom floor, and one one at the top), Battle Facilities, all kinds of shops, tonnes of NPCs. It would basically be like ORAS' Mauville City but expanded to many floors.

Floor One - Pokemon Centre, Mart, Gym.
Floor Two - Department Store
Floor Three - Residential
Floor Four - Residential
Floor Five - Battle Facilities
Floor Six - Indoor Wild Area, Day Care
Floor Seven - Residential
Floor Eight - Residential
Floor Nine - GTS, Online Facilities
Floor Ten - Gym

etc

It'd basically be a bunch of cities stacked on top of each other. Put it in the centre of the map, have other small cities, villages, routes,. etc around it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom