• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Future Plotlines you'd like to see in the anime

I'd like another plot where a CoTD, or preferably a main character, goes against their parent's wishes with their career choice. And no, not like the barely-scratching-the-surface plight Serena had with her mom or the case with Bianca (who placed the, then, entirety of her future in the hands of Ash...).

I think it would convey an important message and, if done right with good pacing, can make for some very neat character development and interaction.

When Contests were a thing, and before Showcases were decidedly female, I wanted to see a male character struggle with their passion for performing with Pokemon, notably going against their father's very opposing wishes throughout the saga. We got a bit of that with Timothy, but I'd like a much more substantial plotline.

And no, not like the barely-scratching-the-surface plight Serena had with her mom
*raises eyebrows*

So you're telling me that Serena's mother opposing her daughter's dream of doing literally anything other than Rhyhorn racing because Serena was prone to backing out of things the moment they got difficult is "barely scratching the surface" of an issue?

Her mother wanted to make sure she wouldn't back out of being a Performer either, hence the tough love approach

Drug addicts in the PokeWorld.

Or maybe an episode explaining why are people in the PokeWorld so healthy despite there being so few hospitals for human?

Last edited:
A twenty episode "Raid Team Rocket HQ" arc. Seriously all the other evil teams got disbanded but, everybody just accepts the fact that Team Rocket has a lot of resources and a training academy.

*raises eyebrows*

So you're telling me that Serena's mother opposing her daughter's dream of doing literally anything other than Rhyhorn racing because Serena was prone to backing out of things the moment they got difficult is "barely scratching the surface" of an issue?

Her mother wanted to make sure she wouldn't back out of being a Performer either, hence the tough love approach

I think you're embellishing a bit. Grace never explicitly opposed Serena trying new things or attempting to discover a career outside of Rhyhorn Racing; Serena had a history of giving up on those ventures before making a substantial effort, in which Grace would decide to continuously extend Rhyhorn Racing since it's her own passion and what she knows to be successful (not to mention, her daughter has an obvious talent for it). Just like if a parent/parental guardian voices for their child to work at a specific job or career because it's financially stable or they know they'll simply excel, since their own child is clearly uncertain of what to do.

Secondly, I do consider it scratching the surface because, like Bianca before her, Serena adhering to her mother's wishes was never a point of conflict until XY53. Heck, her mother even encouraged her to travel around Kalos with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie rather than forcing her to return home to Rhyhorn Race after Serena obtained Fennekin. Letting Serena travel around all of Western Kalos freely only to state that she wants her to return home after a large amount of unspecified time doesn't register as tough love, to me. The whole issue was wrapped up neatly in one episode, before Serena even began performing officially. They could have dug deeper into that; for example, having Serena perform in a different alias for a couple of Performances, so that way her mother wouldn't recognize her on television-because she's that adverse about confronting her mother about performing (and then Serena would do this beautiful, dramatic mask unveiling her true identity during a Performance, after coming to terms with her mother).

I want to see an arc where a parent adamantly protests their child's passion, for many episodes-opposing their child in which way they can, trying to talk them out of their decision often, involving extended family members in process, bringing up statistics about financial stability, etc. Something more, where the main character clearly has spent a good portion of their time overcoming one of their biggest influences in life, actually succeeding at the very end, and conveying a beautiful message about doing what's best for you and following your dreams despite what others, even your parents, may say.

As big a fan I am of her character, I did not get that with Serena.

One idea I had when I was thinking about what I would do in a future saga is have a female lead who's goal is related to the main plot somehow. I'm not sure how they would do this mind you, but maybe the current evil team wronged her and she, while generally a nice girl, is full of anger and a need for revenge, and as the story progresses Ash has to teach her revenge won't make you feel better and maybe to forgive as well. I don't know, I just like seeing characters with very personal stories in the main plot.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom