• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

Juliyet

Formerly "Sheeer" | pfp by KTG | Sig art by Okido
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
There's already been some rumblings and rumors in the community of Pokemon games releasing in 2024 or beyond, so we think it's time for a new thread. Use this thread to post and discuss leaks and rumors regarding em.

Please refrain from posting links to 4chan, but feel free to post screenshots from it as long as there isn't any objectional content.

And try to keep the discussion on the leaks and rumors themselves rather than the leakers that shared them. It's okay to discuss em as the source for a leak/rumor, but solely focusing on the leakers as individuals is off-topic.

And of course, have fun!

• Staff
Okay so back on this
A Johto revisit doesn't have to be in the Let's Go style.
I wasn't specifically insinuating a let's go isn't happening. Just that Let's Go using Kanto was probably just cuz it was the og. Basically I'm thinking Kanto being revisited again was a special case and I don't see it being the norm with stuff like Johto just because it happened with Kanto.

Seems kind of quiet lately. Guess I'll go over to 4Chan and trick them into thinking we're getting a Palworld/Pokemon crossover in the summer instead of the much-awaited Unova remakes.

In all seriousness, I actually suspect we're NOT getting Unova remakes. Or at least not right away, I have this gut feeling we're going to see a "remake" of Crystal with a special twist. Just like LGPLGE was bascially Yellow.

Seems kind of quiet lately. Guess I'll go over to 4Chan and trick them into thinking we're getting a Palworld/Pokemon crossover in the summer instead of the much-awaited Unova remakes.

In all seriousness, I actually suspect we're NOT getting Unova remakes. Or at least not right away, I have this gut feeling we're going to see a "remake" of Crystal with a special twist. Just like LGPLGE was bascially Yellow.
Welcome to Prankster Club lol

I’m starting to suspect the same thing, tbh

Huh. This one might be legitimate. At the very least its more believable than the usual "leaks".

Quoting this here because this is the proper thread.

Yeah. This does look pretty believable. Unfortunately. But I wouldn't like this.

BDSP 2.0 sounds like. There'd be some baby step improvements with cross gen evos and some HGSS facilities, but seemingly no new Pokemon, no non-Johto related families, and an HD 2D artstyle that's probably just going to look really close to HGSS is going to be really dull. Also not trusting "the story seems different" because we've seen from USUM that they can cherry-pick the only handful of differences in the game to make it look better than it actually is. We need Johto's LA, not Johto's BDSP.

Last edited:
Quoting this here because this is the proper thread.

Yeah. This does look pretty believable. Unfortunately. But I wouldn't like this.

BDSP 2.0 sounds like. There'd be some baby step improvements with cross gen evos and some HGSS facilities, but seemingly no new Pokemon, no non-Johto related families, and an HD 2D artstyle that's probably just going to look really close to HGSS is going to be really dull. Also not trusting "the story seems different" because we've seen from USUM that they can cherry-pick the only handful of differences in the game to make it look better than it actually is. We need Johto's LA, not Johto's BDSP.

EDIT: Also where did you get this screenshot from? Is there a link or was it taken down?
Adelon's post is gone now, what did it say exactly?

Adelon's post is gone now, what did it say exactly?

I saved the screenshot he took.

1707710461325.png

It seems to have come from a 4chan post (which can't be linked due to forum rules). I haven't been able to locate this thread myself to get more context on who posted it and where, so take it with a grain of salt, but if true it looks like this person knows the entire contents of the Presents.

I saved the screenshot he took.

It seems to have come from a 4chan post (which can't be linked due to forum rules). I haven't been able to locate this thread myself to get more context on who posted it and where, so take it with a grain of salt, but if true it looks like this person knows the entire contents of the Presents.
Haha, I found the thread myself after some sleuthing and came back only to see this just in time. Thanks anyway!

You'll be pleased to know it's fake. They said Koraidon for Unite but dataminers have already confirmed the next guy after Falinks and Miraidon is Ceruledge

Haha, I found the thread myself after some sleuthing and came back only to see this just in time. Thanks anyway!

You'll be pleased to know it's fake. They said Koraidon for Unite but dataminers have already confirmed the next guy after Falinks and Miraidon is Ceruledge

Well...

Koraidon is only teased though, which makes sense. So i wouldn't mark if off as fake just yet

• It feels a little late to announce a movie (they always were announced in December) but I guess it could happen. Though...worldwide? How are they gonna explain things like Terapagos being awaken and Dot's Tinkatink in the movie if the episodes have a delay? Also I can't see them promoting a past game and not this year's.
  • Why would Concierge 2 info be postponed until March?
  • The events part is actually very creative, and props to the "leaker" for connecting the characters to the mythical they fitted the most. But it feels like there are too many of them and designing them would take away development time from GF from this year's game and Gen X. Tera Raids are a cheaper way to keep people coming back to the game.
  • Untold doesn't really sound like a marketable name to me. Also, the leaker has waaay too much info about the game. If it is indeed an alternate story, I think the trailer would focus on that (like it happened with Legends) rather than on the features.

• It feels a little late to announce a movie (they always were announced in December) but I guess it could happen. Though...worldwide? How are they gonna explain things like Terapagos being awaken and Dot's Tinkatink in the movie if the episodes have a delay? Also I can't see them promoting a past game and not this year's.
  • Why would Concierge 2 info be postponed until March?
  • The events part is actually very creative, and props to the "leaker" for connecting the characters to the mythical they fitted the most. But it feels like there are too many of them and designing them would take away development time from GF from this year's game and Gen X. Tera Raids are a cheaper way to keep people coming back to the game.
  • Untold doesn't really sound like a marketable name to me. Also, the leaker has waaay too much info about the game. If it is indeed an alternate story, I think the trailer would focus on that (like it happened with Legends) rather than on the features.

I mean... on your first point

Fletchinder debuted in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction before it did in the anime and Hawlucha was leaked in movie adaptations for that same movie in the manga

On your last point

Why wouldn't Untold not sound like a marketable name.... since untold has the same ring as legends.

I mean... on your first point

Fletchinder debuted in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction before it did in the anime and Hawlucha was leaked in movie adaptations for that same movie in the manga
(Spoiler tag retired because those events happened 10 years ago)
Those things happened within a month in the series and only in Japan. Here we are talking that a product would be around twenty episodes and many whole arcs behind for those in the US. Paldean winds is released worldwide because it doesn't depend on anything, a worldwide movie would require a lot of effort and I don't think they would take that risk with a movie so dependant on the anime events.

On your last point

Why wouldn't Untold not sound like a marketable name.... since untold has the same ring as legends.
Maybe in English, but I can't think of an equivalent in Spanish or Japanese (I guess you could use an equivalent of "Secrets" but it's not the same term). Even in romaji, "Antorudo" sounds weird.

So as I mentioned in the speculation thread, the usual Pokemon Day Presents has now been confirmed. But there's more. There seems to be a Youtube short announcing the Presentation that apparently when viewing the mobile app shows Pokemon Gold under the "Games" section:

youtube-description.large.jpg

This seems like a pretty big indication that something GS related is going to be revealed at the Presents.

If this was the actual presents video itself, I think there could be credence considering details could be coded in prior, but considering this is just a random seperate short that probably won't be updated after the presents, I don't think it really means much

Idk we don't have much longer to wait so we'll see. Very peculiar regardless

Last edited:
So as I mentioned in the speculation thread, the usual Pokemon Day Presents has now been confirmed. But there's more. There seems to be a Youtube short announcing the Presentation that apparently when viewing the mobile app shows Pokemon Gold under the "Games" section:

youtube-description.large.jpg

This seems like a pretty big indication that something GS related is going to be revealed at the Presents.
Aren't these things auto-generated by Youtube? I've seen all kinds of screwups on this front. There's no reason to believe this is anything other than the mystical algorithm going "Pokemon video detected, put popular Pokemon game in description". I wouldn't read into it.

Aren't these things auto-generated by Youtube? I've seen all kinds of screwups on this front. There's no reason to believe this is anything other than the mystical algorithm going "Pokemon video detected, put popular Pokemon game in description". I wouldn't read into it.

Is it? I don't really know. It would be kind of weird that they picked Gold of all games, you would think if TPC or Youtube just wanted to fill it with a random Pokemon game they'd just do Red or something. I could buy the first game in the series as being a random placeholder, Gold not so much.

The Gold tag is because the background music comes from that game, so it's not random.
Honestly this is a way more compelling reason to think something Johto-related is getting shown lol. Assuming picking random tracks from past games out of a hat isn't something that's typically done for these promo shorts, that is

The Gold tag is because the background music comes from that game, so it's not random.
Except that music is from the RGBY credits, as anyone who played those games (or their remakes) knows. And even if you were right, that would arguably be a bigger hint.

Pokemon Day typically focuses on Kanto and recent/upcoming stuff. For special occasions (20th and 25th anniversaries) they paid tribute to all generations. So yes, any link to Johto is suspicious. There would be a lot less skepticism if Unova were associated with a Pokemon Day teaser.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom