• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

I mean... on your first point

Fletchinder debuted in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction before it did in the anime and Hawlucha was leaked in movie adaptations for that same movie in the manga

On your last point

Why wouldn't Untold not sound like a marketable name.... since untold has the same ring as legends.
Just to add to the spoiler about movie pokemon. I know it's not the same series, but in dragon ball dende was revealed to be the god of earth after kami fused with piccolo in a movie, before it even happened in the manga.

1708906457472.png

Pyoro's emerged as pretty much the only credible Nintendo leaker at this point, so there's a good chance this is true and we are in fact getting an ILCA Unova remake. But I'm more concerned about if there's going to be a Legends game alongside it. I'd avoid an ILCA Unova remake like the plague, but I'd be hyped for a Legends Unova, BW3, or some other reimagining of Unova.

Last edited:
Pyoro's emerged as pretty much the only credible Nintendo leaker at this point, so there's a good chance this is true and we are in fact getting an ILCA Unova remake. But I'm more concerned about if there's going to be a Legends game alongside it. I'd avoid an ILCA Unova remake like the plague, but I'd be hyped for a Legends Unova, BW3, or some other reimagining of Unova.

My copium is that they'll get another developer this time, preferably Grezzo or ArtePiazza. For the record I'm probably not gonna buy a BW remake even if it's good, I just want it to not suck so I can have confirmation this series is, yknow, actually willing and capable of learning from its mistakes

My copium is that they'll get another developer this time, preferably Grezzo or ArtePiazza. For the record I'm probably not gonna buy a BW remake even if it's good, I just want it to not suck so I can have confirmation this series is, yknow, actually willing and capable of learning from its mistakes

Unfortunately BDSP sold well enough that they might consider it a success and sticking with ILCA. That's the main issue, the games are falling apart at the seams but they're still selling, and that's what matters most to TPC. This really is feeling like it might take a Sonic 06-esque disaster to snap them out of it, and even then who's to say they'll learn the right lesson? Imagine if they go "welp, guess we can't do open world because it's too time consuming and expensive, guess we'll go back to making XY/SM-esque linear games again". I hope not, but the way TPC is I'm starting to get concerned that the schedules and budgets are the one thing they're unwilling to compromise on.

Unfortunately BDSP sold well enough that they might consider it a success and sticking with ILCA. That's the main issue, the games are falling apart at the seams but they're still selling, and that's what matters most to TPC. This really is feeling like it might take a Sonic 06-esque disaster to snap them out of it, and even then who's to say they'll learn the right lesson? Imagine if they go "welp, guess we can't do open world because it's too time consuming and expensive, guess we'll go back to making XY/SM-esque linear games again". I hope not, but the way TPC is I'm starting to get concerned that the schedules and budgets are the one thing they're unwilling to compromise on.
Which route we go down will be determined in about 36 hours.

Riddler Khu made some statements suggesting that TPC and friends were displeased with ILCA's performance and felt they damaged the brand. Take that as you will.

But yeah, things could get ugly if they don't listen. Your vision of a nightmare scenario especially seems dead-on, Sonic 06's failure itself led to a violent curtailing of that series' scope that it wouldn't even try to raise until very recently (No playable Tails in a mainline 3D game until the Frontiers DLC!)

It's been pointed out that no one at game freak actually retweeted the event like some usually do.

What are the odds we don't get a Game Freak game announced tomorrow and the most we potentially get for mainline stuff is solely an outsourced game?

Last edited:
the link for the japanese presents is up and it seems that the presents is going to be 12 minutes and 30 seconds long.

Yeah I'm starting to think there straight up is no main series game announcement lol. Though spinoff, or outsourced game is still within the realm of possibility.

the link for the japanese presents is up and it seems that the presents is going to be 12 minutes and 30 seconds long.

Yeah I'm starting to think there straight up is no main series game announcement lol. Though spinoff, or outsourced game is still within the realm of possibility.
This is at least encouraging from a "Game Freak being allowed to take their time for once" perspective. Now we hope that if there is an outsourced mainline title it isn't total slop

Pokemon Legends Z coming out next year. Does that mean we won't get a game this year? Please tell me it's true because i hope it means that game will get more development time.

Pokemon Legends Z coming out next year. Does that mean we won't get a game this year? Please tell it's true because i hope it means that game will get more development time.
Yeah there was no announcement for 2024, it's for 2025. This was by far the best-kept secret ever. I'm actually so excited for Legends: ZA.

Daaang that was the LAST curveball I was expecting. I love Kalos and always wanted them to go back and do more with it, but had no reason to expect it for another decade. We were expecting Johto or Unova and they really went N O P E.

And it's not this year so we actually get a break year. Cool.

Pokemon Legends Z coming out next year. Does that mean we won't get a game this year? Please tell me it's true because i hope it means that game will get more development time.

I think it was intended for this year but was forced to be delayed. I might be reading too much into things, but the graphics seem to be very high quality and it looks like it might be a Switch 2 game. And since according to rumor, the Switch 2 was internally delayed from late 2024 to early 2025, Game Freak would've had no choice but to delay this.

I don't know what I expected but it sure wasn't this: Pokémon Z rising from the grave like a revenant, reborn as a Legends game.

Taking place in a city instead of a wilderness area is promising that they're shaking Legends up a bit.

It might not only take place in Lumiose, Lumiose just might be the central hub/storyline focus. I doubt they could make Lumiose big and varied enough to encompass an entire game.

Back
Top Bottom