• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Future Pokemon Game Speculation Thread

Hence why a dedicated dev team is being made in Pokémon itself's corporation.

Expect big, strange changes to be done after ZA.

It doesn't even have to be for remakes only, maybe for side series as well.

Maybe, but Spin-offs are usually developed by Creatures Inc. or third parties, right?

Personally, I imagine that the initial main focus of Pokémon Works is to work on the remakes together with ILCA.

Last edited:
I was originally going to put this in the Legends Z-A discussion since the Synchro Machine was brought up there, but this idea I have can apply to any future game that has this feature. As for my idea, if you're roaming around an area as a Pokemon, not only can you interact with NPCs but maybe they would even give you side quests that you cannot access as a human. Whether you have to transform into a specific Pokemon or any kind of Pokemon to trigger these quests can be debated. Mind you, if you do try to interact with an NPC as a Pokemon, would they still have the same dialogue or a new line of dialogue that can apply to any type of Pokemon? Creating individual lines of dialogue for individual Pokemon is out of the question unless it's relegated to one individual or type of NPC.

Anyone else hope the next battle mechanic doesn’t boil down to “A Legendary Pokémon did it” in future titles? Necrozma was one thing as the Z-Crystals were part of its backstory and Eternatus is supposed to be a secret in the first place as part of what little plot SwSh had. Terapagos in comparison essentially acts as nothing but a means to explain the gimmick and even then it’s not explained how it does what it does. This trope is getting tiresome Game Freak!

Why can’t such burst mechanics simply be the result of some ancient artifact or something a human scientist came up with as part of their research? How about non-Pokémon symbiotic organisms/microorganisms being the source instead? Heck, just expand on Berries or Apricorns and make mutant versions of them responsible! That would make them much more interesting from a world building perspective.

Is there some reason it has to be a Legendary Pokémon that’s responsible for such battle mechanics?

Anyone else hope the next battle mechanic doesn’t boil down to “A Legendary Pokémon did it” in future titles? Necrozma was one thing as the Z-Crystals were part of its backstory and Eternatus is supposed to be a secret in the first place as part of what little plot SwSh had. Terapagos in comparison essentially acts as nothing but a means to explain the gimmick and even then it’s not explained how it does what it does. This trope is getting tiresome Game Freak!

Why can’t such burst mechanics simply be the result of some ancient artifact or something a human scientist came up with as part of their research? How about non-Pokémon symbiotic organisms/microorganisms being the source instead? Heck, just expand on Berries or Apricorns and make mutant versions of them responsible! That would make them much more interesting from a world building perspective.

Is there some reason it has to be a Legendary Pokémon that’s responsible for such battle mechanics?
XY at least did something different by having the battle mechanic come from the firing of a massive superweapon instead.

Yeah, I'm tired of the story about the current gimmick being from a legendary Pokemon because it uses the same tired story of "these are pieces of the legendary Pokemon", which is a story I really hated from the start.

If it has to be from a legendary Pokemon's influence, I prefer it be "the legendary Pokemon decided to share its power willingly and hasn't lost a single part of itself in doing so".

I also think gimmicks should become more granular rather than rely on sheer power.

A good example of this is Terastal. The mere ability to shift a pokemon's type (or even remove dual-typing) has saved my rear multiple times.

I really hope that this new studio doesn’t result in all future remakes being copy-paste remasters with watered-down butchered side features. There’s a reason BDSP got the backlash it did.
I think making this new company would be the first step in preventing this, hopefully they get to actually be creative with the new remakes since the reason BDSP turned out the way it did was because Masuda was directing and supervising the project. (I still think BDSP is better than the Originals though.)

I think making this new company would be the first step in preventing this, hopefully they get to actually be creative with the new remakes since the reason BDSP turned out the way it did was because Masuda was directing and supervising the project. (I still think BDSP is better than the Originals though.)
I think that BDSP turned out the way it did because it was heavily rushed. I don't think that it was even meant to exist at all.

Back
Top Bottom