• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Galar Checklist Thread: all SWSH characters that have appeared in the main anime, and the ones yet to.

So you wanted the other regions to feature COTDs and Galar characters only? Let's make a list:

Kanto: Gary
Johto: Chuck (minor)
Hoenn: Drake
Sinnoh: Dawn, Volkner, Cynthia, Rowan (minor)
Unova: Iris
Kalos: Korrina, her grandpa, Wulfric
Alola: Main SM cast aside from Lillie

The non-Sinnoh characters have only received 7 episodes so far, and I honestly shouldn't count Chuck. Does this really bother you? BDSP being promoted is logical, but hopefully we got enough of that (Hisui is separate).
I don't think it's unreasonable to want more focus on Galar when it's the newest generation and hasn't been prominently featured like pretty much every other region has in the anime. They could still have other returning characters from different regions and still give more focus on Galar. It didn't have to be one or the other. Most of the characters listed there, especially the former traveling companions and supporting characters like Gary and Korrina, already had plenty of spotlight during their own respective series. Meanwhile, the Galar characters are left on the sideline depsite this being their own generation.

You want to know why Ash isn't going to battle all the Galar gym leaders? Because the would defeat the whole point of the PWC, not to mention forcing the animators to deal with Dynamax more than they'd like.
I don't see how that would defeat the point of the PWC, especially when they wasted pretty much the first half of the tournament on random one-shot trainers both on and off-screen. It also feels weird to make that statement when most of Ash's standout PWC matches have been against Gym Leaders. I would have much rather seen Ash battling new Gym Leaders instead of having brief two minute battles against a random Meganium, Tarous and Elekid that were basically just footnotes as opposed to the actual focus of an episode. He wouldn't have to battle them in order either. He could have battled both new and old Gym Leaders so that he would still be battling against trainers all around the world. Ash still could have a new and different goal while still giving fans of Galar a chance to see the Gym Leaders in action. It would have been an ideal way for everyone to get what they want.

I wouldn't be surprised if they animators didn't want to deal with Dynamax that often, although it would be a shame if that was the main reason they wanted to avoid Galar Gym Leaders. I still think that they wanted to make Ash's battles at the start of the PWC relatively short given how many one-on-one battles there were at the beginning. Like I said before, it's fine that you don't like Galar or care that it has gotten the short end of the stick here, but it really shouldn't be hard to understand why people who liked Sword/Shield and wanted to see both new characters and Pokemon feature more prominently and are disappointed that they have been largely ignored.

It's kinda sad that I've got the biggest feeling that Allister will only be in the two Gengar episodes only to just help that jobber of a mon and that's all we'll see of him. I am soooo not looking forward to hearing about (since I don't watch new episodes of Journeys anymore but still prick my ears up at the slightest hint of PWC related news) how the rest of the Galar gym leaders gets treated because time is ticking, and with how quick these days go by nowadays for me, it's ticking fast.
If Allister is only in 2 episodes how is that different than most past sagas? Most Gym leaders only get 2 episodes of screentime not counting the ones that stick around for arcs like Korrina/Claire, etc.

The vast majority of Gym leaders in every past series we only see for 2 episodes, maybe 3 if we're lucky, not counting stuff like the Flare finale that reunites everyone since that usually doesn't happen in other series.

Why would it matter if Allister is only in these episodes? Was anyone expecting anything else?

If Allister is only in 2 episodes how is that different than most past sagas? Most Gym leaders only get 2 episodes of screentime not counting the ones that stick around for arcs like Korrina/Claire, etc.

The vast majority of Gym leaders in every past series we only see for 2 episodes, maybe 3 if we're lucky, not counting stuff like the Flare finale that reunites everyone since that usually doesn't happen in other series.

Why would it matter if Allister is only in these episodes? Was anyone expecting anything else?
Because I want him and quite frankly all the other Galar gym leaders to be treated well... which they haven't because we're heading into Year 3 and most of them still haven't showed up. Even Opal hasn't been treated well with her two appearances being an unfunny joke and while the other one was slightly better, they still treated that battle as more of a quick gag than anything else.

I mean yeah it is true that most gym leaders only have two episodes and I understand that but the difference is that (for the most part anyway, unless your name is Elesa) they were treated well and weren't just hidden away for half of the series.

Opal's second episode was pretty great I thought. Yeah the battle ended on a gag but that wasn't the point of the episode anyway. Getting involved in the Alcremie competition and even bringing up the Ponyta to Koharu again was great. If most of the others are handled similarly it would be fine.

This is totally true.

I think people forget that the Galar Gym leaders won't get a lot more episodes even in an exclusive Galar season.

Many Gym leaders in the past only appear one or two episodes of the season (as you said, three if you're lucky). That's exactly what is happening with Galar Gym leaders in Journeys.

Last edited:
This is totally true.

I think people forget that the Galar Gym leaders won't get a lot more episodes even in an exclusive Galar season.

Many Gym leaders in the past only appear one or two episodes of the season (as you said, three if you're lucky). That's exactly what is happening with Galar Gym leaders in Journeys.
I think the problem most ppl is that are scared due the PWC setting, not every Galar gym leader will appear properly. Which, I can kinda understand, ngl.

This is totally true.

The big difference is that in other series, Gym Leaders were guaranteed to appear eventually since Ash was battling them. Now that he isn't going after the Galar Gym challenge, they aren't as guaranteed. I know that they mentioned in an interview that they would have all the Galar Gym Leaders appear eventually, but considering that we're getting into Journeys' third year with only half of them appearing, counting Allister's debut, it feels like they'll probably just rush the rest of their appearances. Not to mention it still feels like a waste for Ash to currently only have battled against Bea. Aside from Raihan, I don't know if he'll battle the other Gym Leaders and that is a shame. As cool as it is for Ash to battle against older established characters like Volkner, it would still be nice to see him battle against new characters with new Pokemon.

The big difference is that in other series, Gym Leaders were guaranteed to appear eventually since Ash was battling them. Now that he isn't going after the Galar Gym challenge, they aren't as guaranteed. I know that they mentioned in an interview that they would have all the Galar Gym Leaders appear eventually, but considering that we're getting into Journeys' third year with only half of them appearing, counting Allister's debut, it feels like they'll probably just rush the rest of their appearances. Not to mention it still feels like a waste for Ash to currently only have battled against Bea. Aside from Raihan, I don't know if he'll battle the other Gym Leaders and that is a shame. As cool as it is for Ash to battle against older established characters like Volkner, it would still be nice to see him battle against new characters with new Pokemon.
One region meant all the leaders would appear for the gym battles and Satoshi would battle them.
But now we dont know in what way they gym leaders will appear for Satoshi or for Gou.. We won't see them ALL battle that is for sure! And that is sad fact!

This is pretty much what I was trying to say when it came to the Galar gym leaders and you nailed it with this.

This is pretty much what I was trying to say when it came to the Galar gym leaders and you nailed it with this.
I get that ppl are dissapointed or sad. Galar has awesome characters! I think we won't see Marnie or Hop either in the PWC

Let's hope that they don't do something like....

Put the other Galar Gym Leaders in the background, silent cameos.

I would like to see Mary, but Hop most probably doesn't even exist in the anime.

Let's hope that they don't do something like....

Put the other Galar Gym Leaders in the background, silent cameos.

I would like to see Mary, but Hop most probably doesn't even exist in the anime.
And even then Hop is already worse than Hau. His story was flushed through the toilet by Gou.

This is totally true.

Where are people getting the number of episodes from? That's not the issue here. It's that we're 90 episodes in and we've only seen less than half.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom