• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar League Card Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 114691
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 114691

i think the fashion in swsh is so good and its such a fun feature too. i don't have SWSH but my character would be so awesome like my other ones lol
post your in-game characters??

Skirt options in a nutshell:

The customisation options are much better than they were in SM, and I love that we have a lot more hair and eye colour options now too.

I was hoping for some spiky hair options though, which we didn’t get. I was also disappointed to find out there aren’t any trench coat type clothing in this game, which is a shame considering the region is based on the U.K. the biggest thing I hate though are the giant backpacks the male trainers get. Every single one of them are big, and I dislike them all. I really wish they either let us have smaller options (like Hop’s bag for instance) or better yet just let us remove bags like we can with hats.

I'm so glad that we don't have mainly cropped shirts for girls anymore. I'm also very pleasantly surprised about the functional outerwear that also isn't cropped. Because the last few gens were just as bad as me trying to shop in real life.

Though I haven't really decided on if I want to keep the poison varsity jacket or switch out to the Gengar hoodie like I thought I was. I mean the only reason I have the varsity jacket is because I like the logo on the back which you can't really see normally.

Anyway I'm also loving the league cards. They are the best new customization option of all:

EIlKcim.jpg

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the customization options? I want to play as the male character when I get the game, but I don't want to be disappointed like I was in Gen7 (where everything was tank tops and t-shirts).

I'm really hoping the male character isn't limited to the bare minimum and has a decent wardrobe. At least as much as Kalos.

What are your thoughts on the customization options? I want to play as the male character when I get the game, but I don't want to be disappointed like I was in Gen7 (where everything was tank tops and t-shirts).

I'm really hoping the male character isn't limited to the bare minimum and has a decent wardrobe. At least as much as Kalos.

Serebii has put up a catalog for the male options. The female side is still under construction.

Personally, I'm quite pleased with the selection. It beats Alola's choices to death and dumps the body in a lake somewhere, and I think it's a little more flexible and offers more granular choices than Kalos as well.

Serebii has put up a catalog for the male options. The female side is still under construction.

Personally, I'm quite pleased with the selection. It beats Alola's choices to death and dumps the body in a lake somewhere, and I think it's a little more flexible and offers more granular choices than Kalos as well.
Thanks!

.... and I am confused why the male character has "Medium" hair and "Long" hair when there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in length. If we straighten the wavy perm, the "Medium" hair might actually be longer than the "Long" hair :/

I'm happy enough with what my character has on right now, though I saw some cooler clothing in the trailers that I haven't seen yet.

My character is currently rocking that Clobbopus hoodie from Hammerlocke.

Since there are so many amazing customization options in this game, I find myself switching between 3 different outfits right now.

I don't know if I'll ever come up with a solid look for my trainer, but I think the hair and face will stick for quite a while. Though the pixie cut is quite cute too.

I have to say while there still isn't enough, a lot of the male customization options are quite awesome too. I might be the male trainer on one of my later later playthroughs.

Since there are so many amazing customization options in this game, I find myself switching between 3 different outfits right now.

I don't know if I'll ever come up with a solid look for my trainer, but I think the hair and face will stick for quite a while. Though the pixie cut is quite cute too.

I have to say while there still isn't enough, a lot of the male customization options are quite awesome too. I might be the male trainer on one of my later later playthroughs.
Adorable.

I’m really disappointed that the square glasses don’t come in gold and mottled. Clearly they know glasses come in that color, so why can’t I get ones in the shape I want?
Can someone tell me which city sells the belted dress? I haven’t bought any clothes yet because I’m holding out for it.

I have to say that the customization options beat the ever-loving slag out of both XY AND Gen VII. There are just so many different good choices that it's hard to pick just ONE outfit. Males still got the short end of the stick for the most part, but their options are still leagues above the past few Gens, like having long hair (still no ponytails, though), more shirt and outerwear options (no more tank tops, YAY!!!), and so much more. The size of the bags is bit of an annoyance, as they're almost half the size of the PC themselves (especially the male PC's), but that's only a minor gripe to me. Plus, you can have replicas of the Gym Leader outfits, including the types that didn't make it into the games, like Steel and Poison, and those are pretty snazzy, too. Shame you can't wear them during the Gym Challenges themselves instead of that meh-ish uniform, but whatever, maybe you can during the Champion Cup (I'm just at the cusp of that, so I don't know yet if you can or can't, since I'm flying blind in these games). But, overall, the options are leagues above Kalos and Alola, especially the latter, and they're finally giving us a much wider selection of choices for both genders.

I got the chance to look through all the clothing details for the male characters, and it does seem like an improvement. There's still a long way to go, but at least they have more variety.

Still disappointed that they're not giving long hair options. And no, the "Long" hair option is not long. Compare it with the "Medium Wavy" length and try to see the difference. I don't understand why they're not giving us long hair for the male characters when so many male anime characters have long hair. Heck the champion has long hair.

... on a side note, I just realized that green hair is an option. Leon's hair + Green Dye = N's hair.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom