• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Galar Magmar fire/fairy with such a ability?
XD Oh please no, I dread the day they make a regional variant of my beloved Magmar. It is perfect and beautiful just as it is.

They could give me a new evolution for it, though- replace Magmortar, that thing is hideous.

Reaction score
XD Oh please no, I dread the day they make a regional variant of my beloved Magmar. It is perfect and beautiful just as it is.

They could give me a new evolution for it, though- replace Magmortar, that thing is hideous.
Galar Magmortar then? Would be nice to make it again slim and fast. Would be weak to Magmortars steel and rock attacks. Magmortar is a Duck? Can it learn Scald?

Reaction score
Sword fish(water/steel), orca(ghost), moby dick(water/normal), narval(, tiger shark(water/fire), hammer shark(water/steel), whale shark, iguana, water snakes, Electric eal... Many need to be done jet
There are 2 or 3 kinds of dolphins.
What kind? Sweet water? Oceanic? Big head? Water/fairy? Water/psychic? Water/electric?

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
I mean they had 4 regions based on asia and decided to add the Panda Pokemon in France, so who cares?
yeah this lol, every region has non-native animal-based pokemon in it. Kanto has a kangaroo, Johto has elephants, Hoenn has camels, Sinnoh has penguins, Unova has zebras, Kalos has pandas (and lions, though you can say that's based on heraldy if you really want to I guess), and Alola has red pandas. A dolphin pokemon can come in at any time.

I definitely want a Greece region someday tho.

Reaction score
You know what if we get regional variants of the corphish and yungoos lines? Especially since their Pokédex entries say that they’re both invasive species.
Seeing how A-Exeggutor was based on that one Pokédex entry that implied there was a different forme, I wouldn't find that unlikely.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
We def need regional corphish. Bulbapedia says it's based on a red swamp crayfish, which are endemic to America, but I hope that won't stop them from added it to Galar...the Galar one could also be based on a different crayfish

White clawed crayfish, perhaps.

Reaction score
Galarian weezings new ability and dex description makes me wonder.
Toxic Absorb , Toxic Drain or Toxic engine to rise sp. Attack status one stage? It can always learn Magnet Rise.
Maybe they created fairy powder with levitating effect or something else?

Galar Magmar fire/fairy with such a ability?
I would love to see a Galarian Magby line with that typing or Fire/Rock (Yeah, yeah, 4x weak to Ground and Water) with a mini volcano on top of their heads or tails.

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
A Galarian Flygon could be really cool. Replace the Ground-type with the Bug-type. The weaknesses/resistances change from,

Normal Flygon: 4x Ice, 2x Dragon, 2x Fairy... 1/2x Poison, 1/2x Rock, 1/2x Fire

Galarian Flygon: 2x Ice, 2x Dragon, 2x Fairy, 2x Flying, 2x Rock... 1/2x Electric, 1/2x Ground, 1/4x Grass, could be more I forgot

As for abilities, I think Levitate can be ditched for something else, because this new typing has him take 1/2x damage from Ground anyways. If he didn't already take 1/2x damage from Electric, I'd suggest maybe Lightning Rod. Dry Skin could be an interesting one, maybe he can keep Levitate but gets dual abilities and/or a HA. I'd say Levitate/Dry Skin for the dual standard abilities. For a HA, they could also make an entirely new ability, something like Steelworker to either give Flygon STAB for Flying or Ground.

Reaction score
A Galarian Flygon could be really cool. Replace the Ground-type with the Bug-type. The weaknesses/resistances change from,

Normal Flygon: 4x Ice, 2x Dragon, 2x Fairy... 1/2x Poison, 1/2x Rock, 1/2x Fire

Galarian Flygon: 2x Ice, 2x Dragon, 2x Fairy, 2x Flying, 2x Rock... 1/4x Grass, could be more I forgot

As for abilities, I think Levitate can be ditched for something else, because this new typing has him take 1/2x damage from Ground anyways. If he didn't already take 1/2x damage from Electric, I'd suggest maybe Lightning Rod. Dry Skin could be an interesting one, maybe he can keep Levitate but gets dual abilities and/or a HA. I'd say Levitate/Dry Skin for the dual standard abilities. For a HA, they could also make an entirely new ability, something like Steelworker to either give Flygon STAB for Flying or Ground.
Yeah, but regular Flygon is already confirmed, so I don't like those chances

Reaction score
New tweet from Joe:

Ok, I've had a few people send me the "CoroCoro" scan featuring a Galarian Arbok. It is fake. The image is off, they use Kanji without furigana . It doesn't match CoroCoro's style. It's just off. Don't believe it.

Reaction score
New tweet from Joe:

Ok, I've had a few people send me the "CoroCoro" scan featuring a Galarian Arbok. It is fake. The image is off, they use Kanji without furigana . It doesn't match CoroCoro's style. It's just off. Don't believe it.
Welp, no surprise there. I already found the real CoroCoro for this month and it had nothing in it.

Reaction score
^ Damn, so the next set of news, will be this Friday-Sunday at Worlds, in Washington D.C.

Reaction score
Galar machamp steel/fighting?
Or bug/fighting new spider?

Galar Kecleon, dragon/fairy, dragon/poison , dragon/fighting? Or pure dragon.

Though about Ditto... Galar Ditto or mega Ditto? Allo to transform in a pokemon from Your party or a fainted or switched oponent it met in battle?
Would be interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They had four regiond based on Japan, not Asia. Taking into consideration that port city in Alola that looks Chinese, I'd prefer that they had released it in Alola, not Kalos.
You mean Malie City? It's based on the Johto region so... it's still Japanese, actually. And having one city inspired by another's architecture doesn't really mean that the environment is better for a pokemon based on an animal from another place. I would really rather not have to wait for us to get to the "right" region to get certain animals.