• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Nope, the typing of the Pokémon that is allegedly Farfetch’d’s evo already is confirmed as pure Fighting

We don’t know for sure if it’s Sirfetch’d though—unless the Affleck leaker revealed Sirfetch’d’s typing in which case just ignore the rest of my post. I’m thinking it’s Galarian Farfetch’d instead due to the typing.

We don’t know for sure if it’s Sirfetch’d though—unless the Affleck leaker revealed Sirfetch’d’s typing in which case just ignore the rest of my post. I’m thinking it’s Galarian Farfetch’d instead due to the typing.
That’s why I said “allegedly”. I may have misread their post but it seemed like they were saying this is a Fighting/Steel evo but maybe they meant it would be getting one? Idk.

Interesting. I thought that someone of the GameFreak staff unintentionally did it. But, I can see this as a marketing strategy too. Let's see what happens XD
It'd be pretty hard to unintentionally upload a gif and Pokemon cry, code a page to have the GIF move around and link the player to a new page, and create a new page for the Pokemon.

code a page to have the GIF move around

Which by the way is a 10/10 Gold & Silver reference:

Pokemon-GSC-IlexForest-GetCut.png

I wonder if they would allow any regional evolutions of Pokémon from Gens 1-4 to be available in GO around the time that Sword & Shield come out. On the one hand, they did a similar thing for the Alola Forms when LGPE were about to release, in order to promote the transferring compatibility between those games and GO. In the case of, say, Sirfetch'd, Farfetch'd is actually available globally in GO right now, so there's candy going around, and it could be fun for people once HOME comes out to transfer their Sirfetch'd from GO into Sword & Shield.

On the other hand, the technical convenience of the Alola Forms was that they didn't occupy any new Pokédex numbers. As forms, they're assigned the same index number as the original. That wouldn't be the case for Obstagoon or Sirfetch'd, and you could argue that it might be weird to release some of Gen 8's Pokémon way ahead of the others, when GO is only just now hitting Gen 5. On the other hand, Meltan and Melmetal are filed in GO's Pokédex under the "Unknown region," which is almost certainly just a temporary placeholder until GO catches up to the main games a little more. They could put the regional evolutions there too, if they wanted to.

Of course, transferrence between GO and Let's Go was available starting from Day 1 of the games' release. That won't be the case here, with HOME coming out in 2020.

I wonder if they would allow any regional evolutions of Pokémon from Gens 1-4 to be available in GO around the time that Sword & Shield come out. On the one hand, they did a similar thing for the Alola Forms when LGPE were about to release, in order to promote the transferring compatibility between those games and GO. In the case of, say, Sirfetch'd, Farfetch'd is actually available globally in GO right now, so there's candy going around, and it could be fun for people once HOME comes out to transfer their Sirfetch'd from GO into Sword & Shield.

On the other hand, the technical convenience of the Alola Forms was that they didn't occupy any new Pokédex numbers. As forms, they're assigned the same index number as the original. That wouldn't be the case for Obstagoon or Sirfetch'd, and you could argue that it might be weird to release some of Gen 8's Pokémon way ahead of the others, when GO is only just now hitting Gen 5. On the other hand, Meltan and Melmetal are filed in GO's Pokédex under the "Unknown region," which is almost certainly just a temporary placeholder until GO catches up to the main games a little more. They could put the regional evolutions there too, if they wanted to.

Of course, transferrence between GO and Let's Go was available starting from Day 1 of the games' release. That won't be the case here, with HOME coming out in 2020.
Well... Obstagoon could just be made unavailable until Gen 8 finally rolls out to GO as well. It wouldn't be too different from having to wait for Gen 4's cross-gen evos, or even Sylveon as we currently are.

Edit: Probably also worth noting that we don't know for sure yet that Sword and Shield won't have direct GO connectivity like Let's Go did.

Last edited:
Unless it's a MissingNo. or Porygon evolution/form or a new Pkmn linked to internet, dimensions, this kind of teaser needs a good explanation.

I would like if this were revealing TWO pokemon. The one that looks like a regional farfetch'd and another electronics related pokemon that caused the errors.

That said I swear if it's Rotom related... I know the dumb thing's around what with the rotom-phone. Wouldn't be surprising of all of a sudden its like "ZZZZT! Sorry! My signals got crossed!! lol"

I've never wanted to strangle a ghost before. I hate him so much. Why does he have to be a thing now? Why couldn't he stay a random gimmick pokemon. Why couldn't he stay in teh damn mansion TV.

I would like if this were revealing TWO pokemon. The one that looks like a regional farfetch'd and another electronics related pokemon that caused the errors.

That said I swear if it's Rotom related... I know the dumb thing's around what with the rotom-phone. Wouldn't be surprising of all of a sudden its like "ZZZZT! Sorry! My signals got crossed!! lol"

I've never wanted to strangle a ghost before. I hate him so much. Why does he have to be a thing now? Why couldn't he stay a random gimmick pokemon. Why couldn't he stay in teh damn mansion TV.
Well, I guess they wanted someone like Whis, but failed hard. I tolerated it in SM since it wasn't exactly obtrussive, but then USUM came...

Oh I just figured out something! The mysterious mon is definitely Farfetch'd related, because you know how you click it and it moves to other parts on the page? That's just like the little Farfetch'd minigame in Pokemon GS.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom