• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I think Sirfetch is a evolution method that was recently discovered in Galar. Like Stelix in Johto. Like Magmortar and Electrivire.

ae43229481920af92a0e58526f6a4dc5af0e1387r1-554-756v2_uhq.jpg
latest
A little. Seems like Galarian Ponyta takes its colors from the pink and green parts of Princess Celestia's mane.

Maybe we'll get a Princess Luna shiny. Also now I want to get back into MLP even more now....

OMG yes, Princess Luna shiny form needs to happen.

I disagree with the notion that Sirfetch'd won't be in future games because his evolution-method might be region-locked.

They could easily relax on the evolution-conditions a bit in future-entries or find other reasons to implement them. There are plenty of ways to imagine them dealing with this accordingly.
I totally agree. Keeping in mind the fact that Farfetch'd won't be available in every game going forward, any region they put him in will most likely also conveniently be a region that has the conditions to let it evolve into Sirfetch'd.

So ten pokemon lines got Alola forms and of the three revealed Galar forms, two are for Gen 1 pokemon. Well, at least the other one is from Gen 3...

I'm still hoping for Noctowl, Qwilfish, Shuckle and Stantler to get something.

Last edited:
new Lycanroc forms in Galar?

taking that Solar Eclipse? Moon Eclipse ? Dawn?
Aurora(rock/ice with Fluffy???)?

Dusk, Midnight and Midday need more I think and Rockruff creates great possibility there.
Especialy in abilities and female forms... Imagine a rock type with Queenly majesty as a female Lycanroc werewolf?

Would be great opoturnity to use that now.

Spoilers on the leaks.

I appreciate them giving Darmanitan some love but it was definitely one of those pokemon that didn't need new forms, especially since it already has its own special gimmick. They could have just put Crabominable or Abomasnow in?

eta: Well I researched and apparently the Daruma dolls it's based on come in white as well so maybe that's still ok.

Tragic how only one Johto mon got a regional variant but at least it has the honour of being the only good regional variant.

Last edited:
With as minimal spoilers as possible, are there any Galarian forms for Sinnoh, Kalos, and/or Alola Pokémon?

What I don't understand is why a certain Pokémon got a Galarian form when it already had an Alolan form as well.

Contrast

It illustrates how different regions can result in drastically different mutations for a single species. Doubly so in this case, since it results in an entirely different evolution.

What I don't understand is why a certain Pokémon got a Galarian form when it already had an Alolan form as well.

I had heard the Regional Forms were implemented to allow older Pokémon to be more viable, but in this case it just seems unnecessary. :unsure:
The only one that got a Galarian Forme was Meowth.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom