• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I hoping Gen 4 gets some regional variants in the DLC. I can’t be the only one who is upset that Gen 5 got regional variants before Gen 4, despite Gen 4 being older than 5. I’m hoping for a Galarian Finneon line with Lumineon having a regional evolution.

A lot of Pokémon have shells. Yet not all of them learn Razor Shell or Shell Smash (and those aren't even signature moves). So why should a Pokémon suddenly learn a shell-related move (and one that's the signature move of another Pokémon and whose animation is based entirely on that Pokémon's design) just because it has a shell?

Learns only three, generic Fire-type moves. It's not part Fire-type, it doesn't learn a ton of Fire-type moves, it doesn't have some special ability that allows it to use flames or detonate its Shellder gun or cause explosions around itself, it and its Shellder don't feed on sulfur or explosive material, we're never told that its Shellder has "a layer of explosive material in its shell" like Turtonator... basically, it has no reason to learn Shell Trap whatsoever, outside of some very superficial reasons.

And Blastoise and Volcanion have cannons, yet they don't learn all the ball-like/bomb-like moves out there, nor do they learn the signature moves of other Pokémon, despite it making sense for them to learn them (like Barrage). So there's no rule that a Pokémon should learn a certain move, including the signature moves of other Pokémon, juts because it makes sense design-wise or lore-wise (and, in this case, it doesn't even make sense for G-Slowbro to learn it (see all the other posts above))

What does poison have to do with it learning a Fire-type move themed around explosions and mines?

its a poisonous reptile with a shel from a shelder that learns seldestruct? you still doubt it should learn it?

its a poisonous reptile with a shel from a shelder that learns seldestruct? you still doubt it should learn it?
Last time I checked Slowbro isn’t an ant or a termite.

Shell Trap is a move for an explosive shell made for a Pokemon that sets up Land Mines.
This is a description of Turtonator's Shell.
The shell on its back is chemically unstable and explodes violently if struck. The hole in its stomach is its weak point.

Tell me where does it say on the official sources that Shellder shell can explode in fire and is unstable. No random Wikipedia articles.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that some moves are designed only for ONE Pokémon?

Well, I was gonna make a post about those articles of yours, but since V already covered them before me, I'll address this:

Funny how this exact description (minus the Poison-type, which I still fail to understand what that has to do with anything) applies to regular Slowbro as well. Yet, it doesn't learn shell-related moves like Shell Smash or Razor Shell, nor does it learn Explosion or Self-Destruct (and, again, those are moves that it makes far more sense for it to have than Shell Trap, the signature move of a Fire-type Pokémon designed after that Pokémon's unique shell, a Pokémon that feeds on volatile substances and whose shell has become unstable and highly explosive as a result of that diet).

In regards to the debate of whether or not Galarian Slowbro should learn Shell Trap, I'd say no under ordinary circumstances. However, I wouldn't mind if that was part of a special raid event. In fact, I think it would be pretty neat for future Wild Area News events to include Pokémon with cool moves that they can't normally learn. Just imagine of they made a special event with Hydro Pump Drilbur/Excadrill as an homage to that one glitch!

After all, what other sorts of Wild Area Raid events are Game Freak supposed to do after they finish the current G-Max one? It'd suck if they suddenly stopped doing Max Raid events altogether just because the Isle of Armor's soup exists for G-Max Pokémon, imo.

After all, what other sorts of Wild Area Raid events are Game Freak supposed to do after they finish the current G-Max one? It'd suck if they suddenly stopped doing Max Raid events altogether just because the Isle of Armor's soup exists for G-Max Pokémon, imo.
I’d imagine they’d keep the Gmax raid events, perhaps just cycling through them, considering not everyone will have the DLC (hopefully GameFreak will make the Max Soup available without the DLC but I highly doubt it).

Could always do more boosted Shiny events like the Magikarp one

They've also did that one that was themed around Pokémon commonly used in competitive.

"Due to its marine nature, shape, and association with shellfish, Slowpoke may be based on various species of otter. It may also be based on a giant salamander or hippopotamus.
Its ability to regenerate its own tail if cut off refers to autotomy." QUOTE FROM BULBAGARDEN...

...none of those are reptiles, though. Otters and hippos are mammals, while salamanders are amphibians who just look like reptiles.

complaine to bulbagarden then...

You... I... :confused:. You do realize YOU're the one claiming that Slowbro is a reptile, right? Not Bulbapedia (which doesn't even mention the word "reptile" or other synonyms of that word on the Pokémon's page). And, last I checked, you don't represent Bulbapedia. So why should I blame them for your actions?

You... I... :confused:. You do realize YOU're the one claiming that Slowbro is a reptile, right? Not Bulbapedia (which doesn't even mention the word "reptile" or other synonyms of that word on the Pokémon's page). And, last I checked, you don't represent Bulbapedia. So why should I blame them for your actions?

Salamanders are a group of amphibians typically characterized by a lizard-like appearance

Salamanders are a group of amphibians typically characterized by a lizard-like appearance

:bulbaFacepalm:

Lizard-like appearance =/= lizard. You claimed that Slowbro is a reptile and used it as an argument for it learning Shell Trap.

No, Slowbro is not a reptile. No, it being poisonous doesn't make it more likely to learn Fire-type moves. And no, it having a shell that doesn't make it more likely for it to learn the signature move of another Pokémon who has a completely different type and lore than Slowbro. People, myself included, have already made numerous posts explaining all of this already. You wanting it to happen and wishing for it really hard, even when it doesn't make sense, doesn't automatically make it more likely to happen. Period.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom