• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I would love to see some Galar forms in these games, but I'm not confident they'll appear.

Since this region seems far removed from regions like Hoenn and Alola, it seems reasonable that we'd get some variations from there if they do exist. Possibly some Kanto and Johto ones too. I think the least likely we'd get variations from is Kalos, since based on their cultures and the proximity of their real life bases they don't appear to be very far apart so it would be more difficult for these variations to occur.

As I've already said many times, I'd love to see them back. It's a great idea that gives more diversity to the Pokémon ecosystem and it also gives another chance for some Pokémon, that are already forgotten or aren't competitively viable, to shine.
Regarding some concepts for Galar variants, I think we could get something for Klinklang, Golurk, Granbull... It'd also be cool if we got a dragon/water Lapras based on Nessie.

I really really really hope they keep this concept going. Calling it "regional variant” instead of "Alolan variant" should be a dead giveaway, but I don't trust them at all after they completely stopped megas after exactly one gen.

Either way, we probably won't know until the summer. They revealed Alolan forms in August iirc.

Focusing on Johto Pokémon for GS's 20th anniversary sounds fitting, but hopefully they expand it to all generations instead of only focusing on one.

As I've already said many times, I'd love to see them back. It's a great idea that gives more diversity to the Pokémon ecosystem and it also gives another chance for some Pokémon, that are already forgotten or aren't competitively viable, to shine.
Regarding some concepts for Galar variants, I think we could get something for Klinklang, Golurk, Granbull... It'd also be cool if we got a dragon/water Lapras based on Nessie.
Or a Galaran form for Golduck; making him more scottish; but NOT alert Disney's Lawyers to attack Gamefreak and file a lawsuit; such as making the duck pokemon ACTUAL Gold; and able to swim through coins, without the Disgusting Painful-to-watch-and/or-look-at injuries Peter Griffin got when he tried that. . . (shudders in disgust)

It should be a feature that continues to exist, however, I can currently see this going either way. I do hope that it does return, as I want Dragonite to have a regional form if it never gets a mega evolution. Although I'm not sure how they'll have Galar be different enough from all other regions that could trigger a change in a Pokémon such as Dragonite.

If Dragonite doesn't eventually get anything though, then I have no idea what the hell Gamefreak are doing with themselves.

Dragonite as a regional variant :bulbaLove:
Hope they make it look closer to a Dragonair
I was actually surprised they didn't.

Bulbasaur line (different plants, open for ideas)
Paras line (no parasite, open for ideas)
Magcargo (Fire/Steel or Steel/Rock)
Standler (Psychic)
Girafarig (Psychic/Dark or Psychic/Ghost)
Tyranitar (Dark/Water)
Noctowl (Flying/Psychic)
Crystal Onix (open for ideas) CrystalOnix Perhaps even give it a new evolution.
New Evolution of Qwilfish would be nice.
New Evolution of Dunsparce would be nice.

Trapinch line (bug/dragon)
Wailord (water/ghost) skywhale/cosmic whale
Zangoose (dark/normal or fighting/normal or dark/fighting)
New Evolution of Torkoal would be nice.

Luxray (dark/electric)

New Evolutions of alot of the Alola pokemon would be nice since so many didn't evolve.

Fossils: I would like to see them not revived from rocks sometime so they can have their original typing and lose the rock type. They could somehow survive somewhere or there could be time travel involved. Want to see most: Archeops Kabutops Omastar.

So I sort of dislike the dark/flying type we have. Not hate, just sort of blah. To that end I want.... no need a new dark flyer. And while he may be Romanian, the story of Dracula by Bram Stoker takes place in London.

I want a vampire bat. A small form and one evolution. Dark/Flying with a signature trait that adds the drain effect found on moves like Leach Life to any of the biting attacks including Fire Fang and the like. I don't want it broken but I don't want it garbage and unusable either.

Make it's stats favorable to physically attack and give it pretty good speed, again don't overpower it. Give it a new move called something like Strafe or something like that, a decent physical Flying move in the vain of Night Slash or Psycho Cut with a critical boost.

To be completed I want the Dex data and in game lore to reference Hammer Studios but not by name.

And while on that if there ever was a Hammer Films in the Pokemon universe under any name, now is the time to add it and let us have our first ghost tower experience of this game be in a haunted abandoned studio Scooby Doo style.

Last edited:
Um, there's already a vampire bat. And one that refuses to go away. A better one might be good, but seeing how it always appear in the games I don't know if GF would replace it.

That's not the same thing; Lunala's more of a Vampire; Zubat's just a Bat. . .
From Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
Zubat's design is inspired by bats, specifically vampire bats, which produce toxic saliva with anticoagulant properties that is secreted when biting prey to draw blood. Zubat's lack of eyes is a reference to troglomorphism, and may also be influenced by the misconception that bats are blind or primarily dependent on echolocation to navigate. The claim that Zubat suffers harm, and even burns, when exposed to sunlight alludes to mythological vampires.

EDIT: Also, Lunala doesn't learn Leech Life.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom