• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
Really? They feel SO British to me. Maybe stereotypically so, but I love taking these old Pokemon and making them fit perfectly into the new region.
They didn't go that far with the Alolan ones (even Marowak borrows Samoan elements rather than Hawaiian ones), and I think that was the better approach. Pokemon, even forms, shouldn't act as poster boys for anything. That's my two cents as someone who is not fond of most humanoid Pokemon.

Reaction score
Impidimp is starting to look not so bad afterall
NOPE!! ABSOL-UTELY NOT!! I'd Prefer the Bipedal Honey Badger to a Literal DEMON!!! That's also why I Hate Houndoom, because it's a literal HFILHOUND!!!
please don't hurt me but, anthropomorphic punk rocker beast reminds me of:
That's Amazing; I LOVE Weregarurumon!!! I Don't get why these people don't like Anthro pokemon; There's something about them that's appealing; and if anyone has any problem with me liking said anthropomorphism, Keep it to yourselves!!

Last edited:

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
NOPE!! ABSOL-UTELY NOT!! I'd Prefer the Bipedal Honey Badger to a Literal DEMON!!! That's also why I Hate Houndoom, because it's a literal HFILHOUND!!!
We found the conservative christian.

No, but seriously, those elements aren't necessarily from Christian beliefs alone. They also look very, very tame compared to Digimon, for example.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
So happy to see Regional Variants make a return with Galarian forms. Weezing looks goofy as heck, but I love it honestly. I hope we don't see too many silly designs like this, but I don't mind getting a couple that are just super funny looking. Like how is it fairy?!

And Galarian Zigzagoon is awesome! The design works really well. Obstagoon looks pretty awesome too. Think I might take this line into consideration for the team, but don't know quite yet.

Kyriaki

Lovely
Reaction score
Is it just Weezing that has the Galarian form? Will Koffing have a Galar form?

Also, I noticed some of the greenish coloration of Galar Weezing is similar to the shiny

Reaction score
We found the conservative christian.

No, but seriously, those elements aren't necessarily from Christian beliefs alone. They also look very, very tame compared to Digimon, for example.
I Don't care; I Hate Imps, I Hate Heckhounds, I Hate any pokemon that causes People to consider Pokemon as a whole to be Satanic; Pokemon such as Houndoom & impidimp do not help to lessen said notion that the Pokemon franchise is Satanic; in fact; It only reinforces that Mindset of those said individuals who think that

Last edited:

Kyriaki

Lovely
Reaction score
I mean If Hoenn Pokemon can get Regional varients(and a Galarian Form Exclusive 3rd Evolution) who's to say that we couldn't get any Galarian Forms for any JOHTO pokemon?!
I'm also hoping for Unova pokemon as well. They only had one Mega pokemon, so I'd really like to see Unova pokemon get some representation.

Last edited:

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
if anyone has any problem with me liking said anthropomorphism, Keep it to yourselves!!
I've got no objections to other people liking anthropomorphic designs, but I'm personally not a fan in general. Obstagoon just happens to be a particularly bad design on top of that. At least in my opinion, I can kind of see how Obstagoon might appeal to some people.

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
I actually like most of the original designs and I don't fancy letting forms 'steal' evolutions from the regular lines.

Reaction score
I've got no objections to other people liking anthropomorphic designs, but I'm personally not a fan in general. Obstagoon just happens to be a particularly bad design on top of that. At least in my opinion, I can kind of see how Obstagoon might appeal to some people.
If you don't like it; that's fine; just let the other people who actually like them, enjoy them!!

Wickling

Reaction score
I hope if more Pokemon take the original-species route that Zigzagoon takes, they won't choose Pokemon whose names are inextricably tied with their type. If we got another Alolan Sandshrew for example, it'd be a little jarring to say the original had no affiliation with sand whatsoever.

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
I really rather like the industrialist Weezing - reminds me in spirit of the London 2012 opening ceremony

Lanstar

I'm a funny bug.
Reaction score
When the Zigzagoon line meets KISS... And Weezing meets Dimmsdale Dimmadome... Galarian Forms are born.

No offense, though: I prefer form changes that at least look 'natural'. Alolan Exeggutor and Ninetales lines work for me because they don't look like regional stereotypes - their designs stand out without them. I'm hoping not all galar form resort to merely culture for their designs.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
I hope if more Pokemon take the original-species route that Zigzagoon takes, they won't choose Pokemon whose names are inextricably tied with their type. If we got another Alolan Sandshrew for example, it'd be a little jarring to say the original had no affiliation with sand whatsoever.
Who knows maybe if the sirfetched leak is real, maybe the reason why Farfetch’d in other regions can’t evolve into it was because Galar was its original habitat the whole time.

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
Who knows maybe if the sirfetched leak is real, maybe the reason why Farfetch’d in other regions can’t evolve into it was because Galar was its original habitat the whole time.
Or they were forced to adapt. Although I think Farfetch'd itself will have a regional form as well, as it would otherwise bring problems in future games.

Wickling

Reaction score
Also would Eviolite work on Hoennian (?) Linoone? It's species can technically evolve now, similar to how the item still works for male Combee and Salandit.