• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I like the Galarian forms revealed today. Zizgagoon and Linoone look adorable. And I love that the Galrian forms now have a new evolution. I really hope they do more evolutions for Galarian Pokemon.

Though I don't like Weezing as a species, I'll admit that the Galarian design is really creative.

Houndoom's cries were apparently mistaken for the Grim Reaper according to the Pokdex but other than that it doesn't seem to have any supernatural elements (at least not specifically Christian).

There are plenty of creepy evil dogs in mythologies all over the world.

Also Impidimp is totes adorbs. Okay, maybe it's ugly cute but I like it.

I Don't care; I Hate Imps, I Hate Heckhounds, I Hate any pokemon that causes People to consider Pokemon as a whole to be Satanic; Pokemon such as Houndoom & impidimp do not help to lessen said notion that the Pokemon franchise is Satanic; in fact; It only reinforces that Mindset of those said individuals who think that
Satanism is itself so manmade.

I like the Galarian forms revealed today. Zizgagoon and Linoone look adorable. And I love that the Galrian forms now have a new evolution. I really hope they do more evolutions for Galarian Pokemon.
I like that they disclosed that Galaran Linoone (and family) keep their signature Pickup ability (even if Obstagoon does not...). One of the best abilities ever (random free Rare Candy? SURE!). But really, Linoone was underpowered as is so the new Galaran evolution may finally give it a much-needed edge (and I mean battles, not aesthetics).

I think Galaran Weezing is a little TOO obvious... though not unfunny in its own regard (especially after somebody pointed out the "mustache" and "top hat" elements), and maybe it's exclusive to Weezing (as with Alolan Raichu/Marowak).

Also, with only 3 months left I am glad they kept the reveals in this trailer pretty limited. By similar points for XY they'd already revealed too much.

Last edited:
Also would Eviolite work on Hoennian (?) Linoone? It's species can technically evolve now, similar to how the item still works for male Combee and Salandit.

Actually, the item doesn’t work on male Combee and Salandit, so I heavily doubt Eviolite will work with regular Linoone unless it gets an evolution as well.

So... we now have positive confirmation of Galarian Forms. And, according to the video, they're not limited to just Kanto Mons this time around, as we have Galarian Zigzagoon as proof. Good, very good. Though we're back to the Dark/Normal route again like with Rattata in that case. Anyway, I'm glad they're keeping the whole regional form thing, too, as it would've been wasted on just Gen VII/Alolan Forms alone. At at least they're branching out more. Plus, as we saw, Galarian Linoone can actually evolve further, which adds an interesting twist to the concept. Very, very nice. I wonder if regular Linoone will get that evolution, too, or will it be limited to Galarian Linoone only? Either way, looks promising. I wonder what other Mons will get the Galarian treatment. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm so glad we have Galarian forms and that they are not limited to kanto. I do really like that weezing though. I'm not a fan of kanto weezing but this one is just creative in my opinion. you have the tall hats that are also factory exhaust pipes and it has facial hair and just gives a steam punk vibe to me.
I really like the zigagoon/linoone but i haven't made up my mind on obstagoon. i think i need a little time for it to grow on me.
I don't care for morpeko. I think it may be based on a hamster but i am not sure. on the back of it, it has a pikachu tail pattern on its fur. It just feels like an awkward pokemon to me and probably the first pokemon from this gen that I can say I don't like.

Actually, the item doesn’t work on male Combee and Salandit, so I heavily doubt Eviolite will work with regular Linoone unless it gets an evolution as well.
It does work on them though.
Eviolite - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
If held by a Pokémon that is not fully evolved, raises its Defense and Special Defense by 50%.

It does not affect Cosplay Pikachu, Pikachu in a cap, or Eternal Flower Floette; however, it does affect Combee and Salandit regardless of gender.

I am not surprised that Game Freak didn't go out of their way to make Eviolite work differently depending on gender. But they did do that for forms (Pikachu and Floette), and that's what we're talking about here.

Another thing. I'm not sure if it's right, but it seems Bede's ace is Duosion, you think there's a possibility Reuniclus has a Galarian form? Or even a Gignatamax form?
My guess is that all aces are new 'mons, thus explaining why we see different 'mons at the moment, as it ain't time to reveal their signature 'mons.

Gigantamax is more likely, if it's even his ace. The website says that regional evolutions evolve from regional forms.

I'd expect his ace to be the third starter, but who knows.

Gigantamax is more likely, if it's even his ace. The website says that regional evolutions evolve from regional forms.

I'd expect his ace to be the third starter, but who knows.
Wasn't the third starter for Marnie? Anyway, I agree with you on the first part; we'll probably not see regional forms the like of Marowak, Exeggcutor or Raichu, as the Regional Evolutions need a Regional form to begin with. The three I mentioned evolve out of 'ordinary'-looking Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom