• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
If Galar has its Own Regional Varients of Past Pokemon(Which I Really hope they do; since It'd be a REAL Bummer if it was exclusive to Alola), Which Pokemon do YOU Expect or WANT to have said Regional Varients; I Mean here's My List of Potential Pokemon with Regional Varients;

A. Granbull(Because it's a Bulldog; and since Galar is based off of the UK; Why not have the Pokemon equivalent to the British National Mascot; have its own Galaran Form)
B. Some Unova Pokemon that DIDN'T Recieve a Megavolution
C. Some Johto Pokemon that DIDN'T receive Megavolutions
D. Some Sinnoh Pokemon that DIDN'T recieve Megavolutions

Last edited:
That's just what I think will happen.

It happened to mega evolutions.
That doesn't prove ANYTHING. . . And besides the very same thing would be more likely to happen to Z-moves & Island Trials; especially since Gyms are confirmed to be returning; even though they're designed as Stadiums; They share the same purpose & function as Gyms. . .

P.S. I never really LIKED Island Trials to begin with. . . and I'm so glad they're gone; I missed the gyms so much for most of Gen 7 Until Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee came out. . .

Saw a reddit post and rethought its concept to be a bit more plausible in-game:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/awhdc5/idea_for_aegislash_in_pokemon_swsh/

What if the Shield Aegislash pre-evos this post becomes not a separate species, but rather a variant like East Sea and West Sea Gastrodon?
I.e. In one half of the region Honedge and Doublade look like their usual sword selves while in another half Honedge and doublade look like the Shield fanarts in this post.

Saw a reddit post and rethought its concept to be a bit more plausible in-game:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/awhdc5/idea_for_aegislash_in_pokemon_swsh/

What if the Shield Aegislash pre-evos this post becomes not a separate species, but rather a variant like East Sea and West Sea Gastrodon?
I.e. In one half of the region Honedge and Doublade look like their usual sword selves while in another half Honedge and doublade look like the Shield fanarts in this post.
What would that mean for Aegislash then. . . Would it be the same as before?

Last edited:
I think that there will be more regional variants. They wouldn't create an umbrella term if only 1 region had them.
exactly; I couldn't agree more; I Still wonder what they're gonna call them for Galar; Galaran? Galarian? It's hard to say at this point until Gamefreak themselves confirm the official name themselves. . .

A. Granbull(Because it's a Bulldog; and since Galar is based off of the UK; Why not have the Pokemon equivalent to the British National Mascot; have its own Galaran Form)
I thought the British mascot was the corgi.

EDIT: Also, yes, I hope regional formes return. Specially if Johto Pokémon get them this time.

I Always thought it was the Bulldog. . . especially in association with Winston Churchill against the Natsies/Notzies. . .
Yeah, but the corgi is the Queen's favorite dog and she used to have a lot. She stopped breeding them because she didn't want to leave any behind when she died.

I saw a bagpipe shuckle and I absolutely loved it! I want a zigzagoon that's based on a Pomeranian (Queen Victoria's favourite dog) too.

I want some regional variants for Kalosian pokemon as well and I'd like them to be inspired by the industrial revolution. A steel Flabebe on a wrecking ball, a plageue doctor Aromatisse etc.

My expectations for their return isn't very high, but I would like to see them return. If they do return, I'd like to see the following pokemon:

• Snubbull & Granbull: it feels fitting, considering it indeed has somewhat of a mascot status in the UK. However, it did 'recently' get retyped as a fairy type, so I don't know where they could take it design-wise. Possibly they could add dark type to them, and flavour it as the variant being more intensively trained as guard dogs
  • Hoothoot & Noctowl: owls are a pretty common sight in the UK and feature in folklore and ghost stories too. I wouldn't mind seeing a variant where at least noctowl becomes ghost/flying
  • Spinarak & Ariados: bug/ghost is a similarly underutilised combination and a little nod toward the Legend of Zelda franchise would not be unwelcome
  • Seedot, Nuzleaf, & Shiftry: a variant based on the Green Man motif with a grass/fairy typing rather than grass/dark
  • Goomy, Sliggoo, & Goodra: a bug/dragon type because we don't have that combination yet and I feel like the line would be at home in the region regardless
That doesn't prove ANYTHING. . . And besides the very same thing would be more likely to happen to Z-moves & Island Trials; especially since Gyms are confirmed to be returning; even though they're designed as Stadiums; They share the same purpose & function as Gyms. . .

P.S. I never really LIKED Island Trials to begin with. . . and I'm so glad they're gone; I missed the gyms so much for most of Gen 7 Until Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee came out. . .
Did we actually get confirmations those stadiums are gyms? It looks a lot more like some sort of sidequest, not to mention there are only 6 visible on the map.

I also don't think we should just consider Megas, Z-Moves, and variants 'abandoned' simply because we haven't had them for one generation. Actually, the only of one these three we haven't had for one generation are mega evolutions, which thematically weren't very relevant to Alola. The only Z-moves we could get are species-specific ones, so I don't see that happening yet either. It wouldn't make sense lore-wise either

I do want regional variants to be back in Sword amen Shield. I voted they won’t be back because both I’m insure if they will.
I guess that at the first batch of Pokémon exclusive of the region, we might get a few of Galarian forms ignore they’re in.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom