• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Galaran Zigzagoon is adorable in its own way. I’m definitely going to get one, even if just as Pickup user. Same with Linoone.

Weezing and Obstagoon will need a bit of time to get used to, but I really like the Poison/Fairy typing of the former and the abilities of the latter. Hopefully they’ll be good.

Galar Ziagzgoon and Galar Linoone look so adroable, kind of more of raccoons
liking them

Didn't make Weezing any better, looks even worst for me

since August 8th is cat day - was at least hoping to see the Galar Meowth
so extremely disappointed that it wasn't shown

Last edited:
you know, Linoone originally was the final evolved form, but now, Obstagoon is now final evolved form of Zigzagoon

Not into the designs of the Galarian Zigzagoon line, but I am VERY into what it tells us: regional variants are returning, are no longer locked to Kanto, and are no longer locked to however many Pokémon were in the original evolution line. Things opened up so much for regional variants today, and I am thrilled!

There likely aren't going to be that many of them, certainly for non-Kanto regions. Don't forget that Giganta forms exist, too.

Guess what guys!?!?!?!?!

It's Official; Regional Varients are NOT Alola-Exclusive;

Because We've got Galarian Forms now; best of All; Non-Kanto Pokemon get said Forms too

I guess this should've been obvious in hindsight; since They were given an implied-to-be-recurring name as Regional Varients, and NOT just Alola Forms!!!!

p.s. I LOVE how Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone looks like Badgers

Lol when my friend sent me the picture of Obstagoon I thought it was some fake Linoone and Mightyena crossover until I saw the youtube announcement.

While I don't like the Galarian forms, I'm glad it isn't restricted to Kanto.

I'm glad it isn't restricted to Kanto.
Me, too;

I Love Regional Varients; It makes the game more realistic(since Real Animals in the Real world DO have alternate variations; that have different adaptations to fit within their environments)
I'm definitely a fan of Galarian Weezing and the Galarian Zizagoon line. Regional variants were one of the best additions in Sun and Moon, so I'm glad to see them back for Sword and Shield.
even better; We finally get new evolutions for old pokemon for the 1st time since Gen IV; I.E. Obstagoon; a Regional Varient-Exclusive 3rd Evolution
Obstagoon is like Wolverine with bits from wolverines.
Really? I thought it was a Honey Badger; and its prevolutions were Badgers

When they revealed a Kanto one first I was about to get super mad. And honestly even though I like Galarian Weezing, I feel like there shouldn't be anymore Kanto variants. None, none at all. Not even ones I would want.

Anyway, glad to see this feature return, and that it's not all Kanto.

When they revealed a Kanto one first I was about to get super mad. And honestly even though I like Galarian Weezing, I feel like there shouldn't be anymore Kanto variants. None, none at all. Not even ones I would want.

Anyway, glad to see this feature return, and that it's not all Kanto.
I mean If Hoenn Pokemon can get Regional varients(and a Galarian Form Exclusive 3rd Evolution) who's to say that we couldn't get any Galarian Forms for any JOHTO pokemon?!

I like Galarian Weezing, but then again I like both Weezing in general and giant industrial factories and the like, so there's that. Galarian Zigzagoon is good, Galarian Linoone is less good but still good, though I'm afraid Obstagoon is getting a just no from me. Not a fan of the anthropomorphic furry design to begin with, but when you add the freakishly long neck and head coming out of a bulked up humanoid body you go from an already mediocre at best generic furbait design to pure pain territory. Suddenly Impidimp is starting to look not so bad afterall. I guess that's why Everstones exist.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom