• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Really? They feel SO British to me. Maybe stereotypically so, but I love taking these old Pokemon and making them fit perfectly into the new region.
They didn't go that far with the Alolan ones (even Marowak borrows Samoan elements rather than Hawaiian ones), and I think that was the better approach. Pokemon, even forms, shouldn't act as poster boys for anything. That's my two cents as someone who is not fond of most humanoid Pokemon.

please don't hurt me but, anthropomorphic punk rocker beast reminds me of:

latest

Impidimp is starting to look not so bad afterall
NOPE!! ABSOL-UTELY NOT!! I'd Prefer the Bipedal Honey Badger to a Literal DEMON!!! That's also why I Hate Houndoom, because it's a literal HFILHOUND!!!
please don't hurt me but, anthropomorphic punk rocker beast reminds me of:
latest
That's Amazing; I LOVE Weregarurumon!!! I Don't get why these people don't like Anthro pokemon; There's something about them that's appealing; and if anyone has any problem with me liking said anthropomorphism, Keep it to yourselves!!

Last edited:
NOPE!! ABSOL-UTELY NOT!! I'd Prefer the Bipedal Honey Badger to a Literal DEMON!!! That's also why I Hate Houndoom, because it's a literal HFILHOUND!!!
We found the conservative christian.

No, but seriously, those elements aren't necessarily from Christian beliefs alone. They also look very, very tame compared to Digimon, for example.

So happy to see Regional Variants make a return with Galarian forms. Weezing looks goofy as heck, but I love it honestly. I hope we don't see too many silly designs like this, but I don't mind getting a couple that are just super funny looking. Like how is it fairy?!

And Galarian Zigzagoon is awesome! The design works really well. Obstagoon looks pretty awesome too. Think I might take this line into consideration for the team, but don't know quite yet.

Is it just Weezing that has the Galarian form? Will Koffing have a Galar form?

Also, I noticed some of the greenish coloration of Galar Weezing is similar to the shiny

We found the conservative christian.

No, but seriously, those elements aren't necessarily from Christian beliefs alone. They also look very, very tame compared to Digimon, for example.
I Don't care; I Hate Imps, I Hate Heckhounds, I Hate any pokemon that causes People to consider Pokemon as a whole to be Satanic; Pokemon such as Houndoom & impidimp do not help to lessen said notion that the Pokemon franchise is Satanic; in fact; It only reinforces that Mindset of those said individuals who think that

Last edited:
I mean If Hoenn Pokemon can get Regional varients(and a Galarian Form Exclusive 3rd Evolution) who's to say that we couldn't get any Galarian Forms for any JOHTO pokemon?!
I'm also hoping for Unova pokemon as well. They only had one Mega pokemon, so I'd really like to see Unova pokemon get some representation.

Last edited:
if anyone has any problem with me liking said anthropomorphism, Keep it to yourselves!!
I've got no objections to other people liking anthropomorphic designs, but I'm personally not a fan in general. Obstagoon just happens to be a particularly bad design on top of that. At least in my opinion, I can kind of see how Obstagoon might appeal to some people.

I actually like most of the original designs and I don't fancy letting forms 'steal' evolutions from the regular lines.

I've got no objections to other people liking anthropomorphic designs, but I'm personally not a fan in general. Obstagoon just happens to be a particularly bad design on top of that. At least in my opinion, I can kind of see how Obstagoon might appeal to some people.
If you don't like it; that's fine; just let the other people who actually like them, enjoy them!!

I hope if more Pokemon take the original-species route that Zigzagoon takes, they won't choose Pokemon whose names are inextricably tied with their type. If we got another Alolan Sandshrew for example, it'd be a little jarring to say the original had no affiliation with sand whatsoever.

When the Zigzagoon line meets KISS... And Weezing meets Dimmsdale Dimmadome... Galarian Forms are born.

No offense, though: I prefer form changes that at least look 'natural'. Alolan Exeggutor and Ninetales lines work for me because they don't look like regional stereotypes - their designs stand out without them. I'm hoping not all galar form resort to merely culture for their designs.

I hope if more Pokemon take the original-species route that Zigzagoon takes, they won't choose Pokemon whose names are inextricably tied with their type. If we got another Alolan Sandshrew for example, it'd be a little jarring to say the original had no affiliation with sand whatsoever.
Who knows maybe if the sirfetched leak is real, maybe the reason why Farfetch’d in other regions can’t evolve into it was because Galar was its original habitat the whole time.

Who knows maybe if the sirfetched leak is real, maybe the reason why Farfetch’d in other regions can’t evolve into it was because Galar was its original habitat the whole time.
Or they were forced to adapt. Although I think Farfetch'd itself will have a regional form as well, as it would otherwise bring problems in future games.

Also would Eviolite work on Hoennian (?) Linoone? It's species can technically evolve now, similar to how the item still works for male Combee and Salandit.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom