• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
You mean Malie City? It's based on the Johto region so... it's still Japanese, actually. And having one city inspired by another's architecture doesn't really mean that the environment is better for a pokemon based on an animal from another place. I would really rather not have to wait for us to get to the "right" region to get certain animals.
No, not Malie, Konikoni City.
I prefer to wait for the "right" or a better suiting region. I'd rather want a dolphin with Greek motifs in a Greek inspired region than one swimming in Galar's waters (despite existing in the UK). That way, the region feels like having a more appropriate fauna that evolved in that environment and feels natural. It wasn't by accident that despite appearing in Kalos, one of the routes where Pancham can be found in Alola (11) has what looks like bamboo. In it, it's absolutely fitting.

Galar machamp steel/fighting?
Or bug/fighting new spider?

Galar Kecleon, dragon/fairy, dragon/poison , dragon/fighting? Or pure dragon.

Though about Ditto... Galar Ditto or mega Ditto? Allo to transform in a pokemon from Your party or a fainted or switched oponent it met in battle?
Would be interesting.
Instead of a Galar Machamp, I'd expect a Galar Scrafty. When it comes to Kecleon, I'd love for it to have a mohawk and being Normal/Fight.
I don't think that we'll get a Galar Ditto, because Melmetal already is a "clone" (design-wise) of it.

I hope more there's plenty of Galarian forms and more Galarian evolutions. I would never have use Weezing before (like Muk before Alolan Muk), but now it looks amazing.

What about a Galarian Garbodor or even a regional evolution for Garbodor? That'd round off the "industrial waste" Pokemon nicely.

The only ways I can imagine Garbodor looking different is looking more sanitary or looking more gross. Alolan Muk looked quite pretty, hopefully it gets something like that.

I hope more there's plenty of Galarian forms and more Galarian evolutions. I would never have use Weezing before (like Muk before Alolan Muk), but now it looks amazing.

What about a Galarian Garbodor or even a regional evolution for Garbodor? That'd round off the "industrial waste" Pokemon nicely.

The only ways I can imagine Garbodor looking different is looking more sanitary or looking more gross. Alolan Muk looked quite pretty, hopefully it gets something like that.
Trubbish/Garbodor are a bit recent to get regional forms now, maybe in another version or two.

I absolutely agree about Weezing, I plan on having one on my Galarian team because I love those dapper smokestack hats. I shall call him Lord Weezley.

Have a weird vibe Rapidash and ponyta can get Galar forms and taking it fairy/dark or fairy/steel or fairy/psychic unicorns... Maybe fairy/flying pegasus mixed with unicorn?
I kind of imagined this too. It'd be fitting for the region. Ponyta and Rapidash being Fire/Fairy unicorns or something. I also kinda hope for Galarian Litleo line as well. Now you have the unicorn and lion. Maybe Fire/Electric?

I kind of imagined this too. It'd be fitting for the region. Ponyta and Rapidash being Fire/Fairy unicorns or something. I also kinda hope for Galarian Litleo line as well. Now you have the unicorn and lion. Maybe Fire/Electric?
Rapidash could undergo type change like alolan ninetyles. Litleo line look weird familiar with that winged cat statue?

@Matleo Yes, it's a gargoyle, not a manticore. You can find this very easy through reverse image search on google.

(This is even the exact image, down to the pose and texture, the one in the leak is just squished a little. It's also the very first image when you google "gargoyle")

You can even buy it for $20!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    946.5 KB · Views: 34
I'd like more of the Galarian forms to be complete type changes, rather than adding a second type. So far they've just been adding a type, but it's also only been two lines.
We'll probably get a re-typed line eventually. Alola had enough of them that I don't doubt that Galar has any.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom