• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
@Matleo Yes, it's a gargoyle, not a manticore. You can find this very easy through reverse image search on google.

(This is even the exact image, down to the pose and texture, the one in the leak is just squished a little. It's also the very first image when you google "gargoyle")

You can even buy it for $20!
I think he could be referring to the statues from Pokémon Origins found in Brock’s Gym.

I can't think of any ideas that would necessarily fit the British theme, but here's a couple of regional variant ideas I had:

Ekans/Arbok become Poison/Psychic with a hypnosis theme
Venonat/Venomoth become Bug/Psychic
Ponyta becomes Fairy and Rapidash becomes Fairy/Flying, becoming a pegasus
Noctowl becomes Psychic/Flying (Hoothoot's already been shown in its original form, but I don't think Noctowl has)
Ledian becomes Bug/Fighting and resembles a boxer, possibly getting an evolution
Sunkern and Sunflora become Grass/Fire, possibly getting an evolution

Considering the fact that only one Unova Pokémon and *no one Kalos Pokémon got Megas and Alola noPokémon did, I’d like to see them get decent representation in the regional forms. As for specifics, I’d like to see:
  • Galarian Minncino. A post on r/pokemon about red Minncono (it was made before regional forms were confirmed and was just about a pallet swap) made me want a Galarian Minncino based on the red squirrel. Now, normal Minncino has already been revealed but I think a regional form could work. British red squirrels have had their numbers decreased by invasive grey squirrels brought in from North America. So you could have a few red Galarian Minncino spread around the region while there’s an abundance of Unova Minncino, paralleling the rivalry between the two squirrel species.
  • Galarian Aegislash
  • Galarian Minior that is fossil or geode based
Edit: *I forgot about Mega Diancie. Thank you to @MunchlaxKing88 for pointing that out.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that only one Unova Pokémon got a Mega while no Kalos and Alola Pokémon did, I’d like to see them get decent representation in the regional forms.
Mega Diancie is a thing, even though it's very forgettable.

• I'd like to see a variant of Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. where they are actors. Theater was a big part of Britain back in the day, and I'd like to see really any humanoid pokemon be one, although I think Mr. Mime would fit quite well. I don't know what the type would be, maybe Normal/Fairy of Psychic/Normal.
  • This definitely won't happen considering it's a legendary and it's from Alola, but a Galarian Stakataka would be cool. It would look more like a Gothic house or something. just a thought.
  • I'd like to see a Galarian Zebstrika where it us a unicorn and a Electirc/Fairy type. The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland, just a thought.

I'd like to see a Galarian Zebstrika where it us a unicorn and a Electirc/Fairy type. The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland, just a thought.
Very much yes to this. Before Galarian forms were revealed, I was worried about Blitzle not being shown in any trailers in fear of it not being in these games (again... No love for my zebra since its home region). But now I'm happy it hasn't been shown yet, in hopes it gets new love with an awesome Galarian form. I could easily see it and Rapidash being version exclusive Galarian forms, like Sandshrew and Vulpix were.

This bagpipe Shuckle would be lovely. It can be flying/rock type.

This regional variant of Flabebe would also fit in Galar perfectly.

Some other ideas I had were:
Water/Steel Qwilfish based on a sea mine.
Water/Fairy Stantler based on the kelpie.
That Flabebe is literally Miley Cyrus lmao

A Fairy/Fighting type katana Aegislash sounds great, although it's wishful thinking considering Galar represents the UK.

Steel/Rock Galarian Aegislash that, instead of a sword and a shield, is a sword and a stone, which the sword embeds itself in every time Stance Change activates

And GameFreak, please less facial hair.

Every single regional form with extra hair looks drastically improved over the original. I'm not exaggerating, they really are that good. From Alolan Dugtrio and Alolan Golem to Galarian Weezing.

Of course, most of the regional forms look better than the original anyway. But when they use the extra hair, it really adds something good to the Pokemon.

Every single regional form with extra hair looks drastically improved over the original. I'm not exaggerating, they really are that good. From Alolan Dugtrio and Alolan Golem to Galarian Weezing.

Of course, most of the regional forms look better than the original anyway. But when they use the extra hair, it really adds something good to the Pokemon.
Pffth, they don't look improved, just more ridiculous.

I need them to stop putting facial hair on everything because we already have enough silly regional variant designs.

Not really in some cases. Galarian Weezing's beard looks so like an actual beard that it looks less like smoke.
Most of them look ridiculous, and in Dugtrio's case it’s literally the only difference from the original other than darker ground rocks.

We’ve had enough facial hair forms to last us for now.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom