• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
If the Galarian Klink does exist, I’m hoping Galarian Klinklang look less stupid that it’s unovan counterpart. Hell I would be fine with Galarian Klink getting a branched Evolution that looks like a mech.

And I know people are writing off leaks off a Galarian hoothoot as fake, but what if the normal hoothoot seen in the trailers was meant to throw us off?
Why would they do that when they have hundreds of other Pokemon to choose from that are actually in the game? If anything, it'd just be an unnecessary false advertising risk.

Galar Raichu will be part fighting.
Wanted dark but Morpeko needs a counter now.
Galar Geodude too.

Meh, if Morpeko gets stats similar to the other clones, it won’t really go too far. Also, Electric/Dark isn’t really an unbreakable/OP typing or anything like that.

Besides, it’s the move that swaps type each turn, not the typing itself, and the type change can be easily exploitable as it is very predictable.

I don’t think it needs a “counter”. Just spam Earthquake and you’ll get it covered.

Stats... Changing type during battle will help.
It doesn’t change its own type as far as I remember, only the type of its signature move. Anyways, there are bound to be many Pokemon that can counter Electric/Dark. And its not as if its a particularly uber worthy type.

Morpeko is also bound to have stats in the line of other Pikaclones, no not much of a threat.

(Edit: got Ninja’d by Cresselia’s post which is almost entirely identical to mine argument-wise)

So Galarian Weezing's second ability has been revealed - it neutralizes ALL other abilities on the field. Levitate is better in most circumstances but in some situations it could be absurdly useful, particularly when paired with a Pokemon with a negative ability.

Can you imagine it paired with Slaking?

Is Galarians Weezings ability exactly like Gastro Acid or better? They could show how it works on Wishiwashi form. At least immune to corrosion, will hit Shedinja and Mimikyu directly and go through Multiscale. Interesting they created it now, feels like there will be more new strong pokemon in this generation. Maybe Bulletproof got that buff and blocks Moonblast?

Galarian Aegislash
Or have the galarian forms of its prevolutions, Honedge & Doublade be based off of Shields, instead of Swords. . .

If the Galarian Klink does exist, I’m hoping Galarian Klinklang look less stupid that it’s unovan counterpart. Hell I would be fine with Galarian Klink getting a branched Evolution that looks like a mech.

And I know people are writing off leaks off a Galarian hoothoot as fake, but what if the normal hoothoot seen in the trailers was meant to throw us off?
Or it evolves into Galarian Noctowl. . .

You know, there is something that we should consider about Galarian Weezing. Since it has two abilities, I’m starting to think that either we will get a currently unknown Galarian Koffing with Neutralizing Gas… or Kantonian Koffing, and to an extent Kantonian Weezing, will acquire NeutGas as their secondary ability.

While I think Galarian Weezing will end up being the superior choice due to its Fairy-typing, it would be interesting to see how Kantonian Weezing could have a niche as ability-blocker, especially if it gets excluding level moves that the Galarian variant lacks.

You know, there is something that we should consider about Galarian Weezing. Since it has two abilities, I’m starting to think that either we will get a currently unknown Galarian Koffing with Neutralizing Gas… or Kantonian Koffing, and to an extent Kantonian Weezing, will acquire NeutGas as their secondary ability.

While I think Galarian Weezing will end up being the superior choice due to its Fairy-typing, it would be interesting to see how Kantonian Weezing could have a niche as ability-blocker, especially if it gets excluding level moves that the Galarian variant lacks.
Hm... I don't believe that regular Weezing will acquire Neutralizing Gas, as that seems to be an ability that is pointedly unique to Galarian Weezing.

It is kind of an interesting point, though, that Koffing only has the one ability... but since abilities are determined by personality values, it's still very possible that a regular Koffing with only Levitate could evolve into a Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas.

Still could be a sign of a possible Galarian Koffing, though. Or a new second ability for regular Koffing which may later be passed on to regular Weezing.

Yeah, I think this ability was intended for Galarian Weezing alone.

With regard to the possibility of a Galarian Koffing I hope if we get one it's a little more different from Weezing in design than the Kantoian versions. are.

It is kind of an interesting point, though, that Koffing only has the one ability... but since abilities are determined by personality values, it's still very possible that a regular Koffing with only Levitate could evolve into a Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas.

Still could be a sign of a possible Galarian Koffing, though. Or a new second ability for regular Koffing which may later be passed on to regular Weezing.

I seriously doubt that they will leave Koffing with just an ability and leave it to chance whether its Galarian forme gains Levitate or Neutralizing Gas.

Like, can you imagine having to breed and level up Koffing all the way up to Lv. 35… and have all your efforts washed away just because you lost the 50/50 lottery and got the wrong ability? Sure, they could reintroduce the Ability Capsule and have it cheaper/easier to obtain or something, but I don’t think they would mess up with people to this point, especially considering that they are paying closer attention to competitive trainers.

So, I’d be inclined to think that either we get Galarian Koffing, or Koffing and Kantonian Weezing get a new secondary ability.

I seriously doubt that they will leave Koffing with just an ability and leave it to chance whether its Galarian forme gains Levitate or Neutralizing Gas.

Like, can you imagine having to breed and level up Koffing all the way up to Lv. 35… and have all your efforts washed away just because you lost the 50/50 lottery and got the wrong ability? Sure, they could reintroduce the Ability Capsule and have it cheaper/easier to obtain or something, but I don’t think they would mess up with people to this point, especially considering that they are paying closer attention to competitive trainers.

So, I’d be inclined to think that either we get Galarian Koffing, or Koffing and Kantonian Weezing get a new secondary ability.
Not like a pokemon suddenly getting a different ability in another gen isn't new. So Koffing is not off the table. Plus it'd be weird they'd show off a new Weezing, but no Koffing, especially when the show the whole Zigzagoon line after him.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom