• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Galar Haxorus? Physical dragon/steel with a more Axe based motive?
Did we got in trailers the fully evolved forms of the exclusive dragons?

Galar Haxorus? Physical dragon/steel with a more Axe based motive?
Did we got in trailers the fully evolved forms of the exclusive dragons?
Tyranitar and Kommo-o were in the most recent trailer, along with Haxorus-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaF9iJ9bzUM

And Hydreigon can be seen on the official website-

I think the only exclusive dragon we haven't seen fully evolved yet is Goomy and if the others didn't get a Galar form then, for the sake of fairness, I highly doubt that Goodra will.

Tyranitar and Kommo-o were in the most recent trailer, along with Haxorus-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaF9iJ9bzUM

And Hydreigon can be seen on the official website-

I think the only exclusive dragon we haven't seen fully evolved yet is Goomy and if the others didn't get a Galar form then, for the sake of fairness, I highly doubt that Goodra will.

How was it in Alola exactly with trailers and oryginal kanto and alolan forms?

Last edited:
Not alolan forms specifically, but I remember them announcing Mudsdale quite a bit before Mudbray, smaybe this is a similar situation.

BTW Weezing and Arbok always kinda were paired (not a small part due to the anime), have we seen Ekans or Arbok? I could see a Galarian Form and or new evolution there.

Not alolan forms specifically, but I remember them announcing Mudsdale quite a bit before Mudbray, smaybe this is a similar situation.

BTW Weezing and Arbok always kinda were paired (not a small part due to the anime), have we seen Ekans or Arbok? I could see a Galarian Form and or new evolution there.
as far as i know, this is up to date, and it does not contain ekans or arbok

Galar Arbok will be either poison/steel or poison/dragon. It can learn dig and other moves.

Weezing and Arbok are only paired in the anime. This are the counterparts (or Pokemon that can be considered counterparts).
Weedle and Caterpie
Arbok and Primeape
Sandslash and Ninetales (Since gen 7)
Steelix and Scizor (Since gen 2)
Wigglytuff and Clefable
Weezing and Muk
Lickitung and Tangela (And both get an additional evolution in gen 4)
Electivire and Magmortar (Both are 3 stages since gen 4)
Mr. Mime and Jynx (Since gen 4, both are humanlike Pokemon and both have a baby mon)

There are more obviously, but gen 7 has messed up a pairing: Persian and Arcanine.
Imo, they choose Arbok over Muk for Team Rocket, since Arbok gives off more of the evil vibe than Muk does.

??? It could be any number of types, even given a new type entirely. There's no reason to think that it would definitely be either of those.

Why not? Would fit with fairy.
Poison/fire... Poison/electric or poison/ground against flying types, water pests, electric rodents and pika clones would be cool actually and make sense. But dragon also resists electric.

Galar weezings new ability could be also be for other pokemons... Torcoal, Musharna, maybe some grass type. If You can neutralize soundproof, bulletproof, immunity, overcoat then it allows for some funny interactions...

Last edited:

Ninetales and Arcanine have always been considered a pair (they were even version exclusives), but Arcanine didn't get a regional variant in SM, only Ninetales.
If anything A-Ninetales and A-Sandslash are a pair in that regard as they're Ice-type regional varients that evolve via Ice Stone the same way regular Ninetales and Arcanine are Fire-type Pokemon that evolve via Fire Stone.
I think it's safe to say that they aren't afraid to pair up different Pokemon when making variants.

Attachments

• Distracted-A-Ninetales.jpg
    Distracted-A-Ninetales.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 55
Ninetales and Arcanine have always been considered a pair (they were even version exclusives), but Arcanine didn't get a regional variant in SM, only Ninetales.
If anything A-Ninetales and A-Sandslash are a pair in that regard as they're Ice-type regional varients that evolve via Ice Stone the same way regular Ninetales and Arcanine are Fire-type Pokemon that evolve via Fire Stone.
I think it's safe to say that they aren't afraid to pair up different Pokemon when making variants.
In fact, Sandshrew and Vulpix were originally exclusives for the same version. Their counterparts in the other version were Ekans and Growlithe.

Which really makes it an extra shame that arcanine still doesn't have a variant form.

If Ekans/Arbok do get something, maybe it'll continue to tie into the industrial theme somehow. Assuming they'd wanna do something like pair them up for the anime anyways.

I imagine a Poison/Water snake.

Funny that you mention that: When faced with pollution, these sea snakes shed their stripes Fits perfectly.
This ink-colored skin soaks up harmful contaminants, which are then purged when the snakes shed their skins.“It is a spectacular example of how animals are able to evolve very rapidly to deal with the new challenges that people are imposing on ecosystems”

Galarian Weezing purifies the air, Galarian Arbok purifies the water.

That's an awesome concept, I could see it as Water/Fairy so it isn't the same type as Weezing. Although it wouldn't hurt to have both be Poison/Fairy.

But yeah, Weezing getting a new form actually gives more weight to the idea is Arbok NOT getting something, given the way they have historically chosen only one of a classic pair for something new (even as far back as giving Gloom a branched Evo in gen 2 and then giving Bellsprout absolutely nothing to this very day).

Also, weren't Sandshrew and Ekans version pairs? Yeah sorry Arbok, that's a 2x chance that you'll never get anything.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom