• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I don't want to be that guy, and we've only really seen two Galarian forms revealed, but I am sort of seeing a bit of a pattern arise.
Both Zigzagoon and Linoone are regional rodents that are getting Normal/Dark variants in Galar the same way Rattata and Raticate did in Alola.
Weezing is a Poison-type that's gaining a secondary typing in the form of Fairy the same way Muk did with Dark.
Now all of this could just be a coincidence, but it would be interesting to look into the other Alolan forms and try to see if there are any parallels that could be found.

I don't want to be that guy, and we've only really seen two Galarian forms revealed, but I am sort of seeing a bit of a pattern arise.
Both Zigzagoon and Linoone are regional rodents that are getting Normal/Dark variants in Galar the same way Rattata and Raticate did in Alola.
Weezing is a Poison-type that's gaining a secondary typing in the form of Fairy the same way Muk did with Dark.
Now all of this could just be a coincidence, but it would be interesting to look into the other Alolan forms and try to see if there are any parallels that could be found.
Makes you wonder who’s gonna get a dragon type. Please be Dunsparce.

I kinda figured that Weezing was gonna be the exeggutor of this Gen, since it was revealed solo and is such a doofy design.

Makes you wonder who’s gonna get a dragon type. Please be Dunsparce.
Oh man, imagine a Normal/Dragon Dunsparce that E V O L V E D into a Steel/Dragon-type or something cooler!

I kinda figured that Weezing was gonna be the exeggutor of this Gen, since it was revealed solo and is such a doofy design.
True, though both G-Weezing and A-Muk both had their themes changed into being Pokemon that improve the environment with A-Muk consuming waste and G-Weezing consuming air pollution. Though if Koffing isn't getting a Galarian form, then it could be the A-Exeggutor of Galar since Exeggcute never got an Alolan form.

Last edited:
The fact that we haven’t seen Dragonite yet, even though we’ve gotten confirmation of 4 other pseudo legendaries so far, makes me wonder...

The “doofy dragon” design really suits a Dragon/Fairy typing if they did go that route, and it could retain the color scheme of Dragonair and Dratini if they don’t get Galarian forms also.

The fact that we haven’t seen Dragonite yet, even though we’ve gotten confirmation of 4 other pseudo legendaries so far, makes me wonder...

The “doofy dragon” design really suits a Dragon/Fairy typing if they did go that route, and it could retain the color scheme of Dragonair and Dratini if they don’t get Galarian forms also.
Alternative idea; Dragonair gets a Galarian form, but it also gets its own unique evolution instead of Dragonite! We haven't seen a new branch evolution (that isn't Sylveon) since gen 4.
If we're getting new evolutions for older Pokemon via regional variants, it would be cool if we also got new branch evolutions too.

Alternative idea; Dragonair gets a Galarian form, but it also gets its own unique evolution instead of Dragonite! We haven't seen a new branch evolution (that isn't Sylveon) since gen 4.
If we're getting new evolutions for older Pokemon via regional variants, it would be cool if we also got new branch evolutions too.
That would be great. Especially if it means giving Weepinbell a branched Evolution like it was originally supposed to have back in gen 2.

Well by that logic, there are several other counterparts that could get variants:

Ekans/Arbok (version exclusive pair with Sandshrew/Sandslash)
Growlithe/Arcanine (version exclusive pair with Vulpix/Ninetales)
Mankey/Primeape (version exclusive pair with Meowth/Persian)

I think it is just coincidence, but those are the ones that would fit this pattern. Ekans/Arbok and Growlithe/Arcanine seem plausible though, I could see them both getting variants.

Well by that logic, there are several other counterparts that could get variants:

I think it is just coincidence, but those are the ones that would fit this pattern. Ekans/Arbok and Growlithe/Arcanine seem plausible though, I could see them both getting variants.
I'm sorry, but I'm not really seeing how my dumb comment about me seeing a P A T T E R N has to do with counterpart..? :X

Maybe one day, but arcanine is already confirmed as not being a variant in Galar.

Which is a damn shame because a lot of us are still let down that it didn't get one last Gen. >=/ Fake leakers had such good designs for it, too.

Maybe one day, but arcanine is already confirmed as not being a variant in Galar.

Which is a damn shame because a lot of us are still let down that it didn't get one last Gen. >=/ Fake leakers had such good designs for it, too.
maybe if we get a region that has alot of rainforests we will get one.

I've noticed a lot of fan requested regional forms are always super predictable and safe.
People typically make requests for fan favorites, or the more obvious "it needs more" 'mon. I'm kind of pleased that GameFreak has had the regional variants so far feel out of left field. Although, if they keep picking early route rodents it'll be less impactful after a certain point.

Right, forgot they already showed Arcanine. Well yeah, that implies this pattern probably won't hold.

If we are going to have to see Zubat in this game, I would like to see it get a new Regional Variant. I don't want too many Kanto Pokemon getting Galarian forms this time around, as I would really love to see some Pokemon from other generations get it. But if we must see Zubat in the dex like we always do, I would really love to see this Pokemon get a Galarian form. Dark/Flying would be a cool type for a Vampire Bat Zubat.

I'd also think it would be really cool if we got a Fletchling regional variant, that maybe had a branch evolution or something. In the first trailer we already got a Fletchling wind veil (or whatever those things are called), on a house, but we haven't seen the Pokemon itself. I think it would be really cool if we got a Variant for it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom