• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I personally think we should look at the animals found in the UK to decide what Pokemon may get variants in my opinion (it's easier)
Based on some list
English bulldog- Grandbull line
Robin ( aka the national bird) - Fletchling line.
Soats- Furret line
Mouse eared bat- Zubat line
Etc

Ooh ooh ooh! I just had a brainstorm. I don’t want to psyche myself up too much the way I did with armored Johto starters but hear me out.

It’s kind of a follow up to a previous post, as the pseudo-legendaries they have - and have not - revealed has been notable to me. I focused on Dragonite at first because “genwun”, but Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp are all very popular Pokémon as well so I can’t see them not making the cut.

What if, perhaps, with these three dragons, we get a trio that covers the bases of Mega forms and Legendaries that have a good chance of not making it back in. Just imagine:

Galarian Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite - Electric/Dragon
Galarian Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence - Ice/Dragon
Galarian Gible/Gabite/Garchomp - Fire/Dragon

It would certainly go a long way in making the pseudo-legendaries less redundant and from an aesthetic standpoint...just, WOW! If anybody who knows what they’re doing can make fan art of these I’d really appreciate it :)

I don’t care either way, but why are you so against it?

IIRC, they think they're overpowered, but mostly their problem is that they think they are really ugly and/or don't look like Pokemon.

Celesteela is gorgeous, Stakataka looks really good, Kartana has a charming origami-based design, Pheromosa is cute, Guzzlord is endearing, and the rest aren't terrible.

So my opinion is there should be some more Ultra Beasts. (How could anyone not like Celesteela?)

But I meant pokemon like UBs (in Sun 2 / Moon 2, my bad, not B2/W2), where you go on a mission just to find them.

Much like finding Moltres in Victory Road, Zapdos in power plant, etc.

But technically, I don't like UBs in the sense that I myself wouldn't use them, because their standard deviation for their stats are so wide off, and then their only ability further divides more.

Same here. I hate UBs so much. Blacephalon, Stakataka and Xurkitree are ugly and alwful abominations.
IIRC, they think they're overpowered, but mostly their problem is that they think they are really ugly and/or don't look like Pokemon.

Celesteela is gorgeous, Stakataka looks really good, Kartana has a charming origami-based design, Pheromosa is cute, Guzzlord is endearing, and the rest aren't terrible.

So my opinion is there should be some more Ultra Beasts. (How could anyone not like Celesteela?)

I think @Oriden was referring to the concept of Ultra Beasts, and not their physical appearance of stats, that’s why I was interested in the response.

As I said earlier, I don’t care either way, but the oncept of Pokémon/creatures in different universes that are different form the ones in the main universe is interesting, as the multiverse idea in general, to me.

I think @Oriden was referring to the concept of Ultra Beasts, and not their physical appearance of stats, that’s why I was interested in the response.

As I said earlier, I don’t care either way, but the oncept of Pokémon/creatures in different universes that are different form the ones in the main universe is interesting, as the multiverse idea in general, to me.

Well, I'm talking about my personal opinion. I don't hate the concept of alien like pokémon in different universes as you wrote. My issues toward them are related to their look. Obviously, these opinions are subjective because each pokémon fan has it own taste and personal opinion about each pokémon.

Well, I'm talking about my personal opinion. I don't hate the concept of alien like pokémon in different universes as you wrote. My issues toward them are related to their look. Obviously, these opinions are subjective because each pokémon fan has it own taste and personal opinion about each pokémon.
I think it’s fair to not like the UBs or any Pokémon, and as you said, it’s something pretty subjective. I was just interested in @Oriden’s reasoning because it doesn’t seem related to the appearance of them.

The only thing I don’t like about UBs is that they’re pretty much legendary in terms of stats and “rarity” (they aren’t technically rare in-game but lore would lead you to believe they are about as difficult to discover or find as any other legendary) but aren’t classified as such because you can obtain multiple in a single save file.

Hopefully there will be an UB for every element.

When I 1st saw Blacephalon, I thought it was gonna be a Fairy type, and would have loved to use it, but when found out it was Fire/Ghost, went hell no.

-So we could use an Ice UB who lives in an ice cave (to be warped to, via the ultra wormhole).
-An UB who lives at bottom of volcano area.
-UB who lives deep down in sewers.
Etc.

After observing a while, decided to make an account. It's been nice to look at the forums and see some good speculation and chatter.

I have a feeling Psyduck could be an option for a Galar form, it's been in every dex so far. It's an easy and obvious to make guess but 1 that could work. I reckon if they do make a Galar form, it would know more about it's psychic potential then a regular Psyduck.

I doubt it will happen but if they have added Mareanie then a Corsola evolution is possible. Evolution is usually a solution to gain an advantage and I think if Corsola was to evolve into a part steel type it would adapt against it's foe. Would be a nice turn the table against the foe going on.

Stantler and Girafarig are fairly uncommon Pokemon. An alternate form to them would be neat but again I have doubts that they will pick lesser known Pokemon. Although if I had to guess typing I would go with grass for Stantler and maybe Dark/Psychic for Girafarig?

Always liked Exploud as a Pokemon, I think one funny idea they could do for a Galar form would be an Exploud that looks like some bag-pipes. That would really bring it the loud part of it. The only problem is what type would it be?

I have a feeling Psyduck could be an option for a Galar form, it's been in every dex so far. It's an easy and obvious to make guess but 1 that could work. I reckon if they do make a Galar form, it would know more about it's psychic potential then a regular Psyduck.

Golduck could be Psychic/Steel. And instead of being blue, it'd be golden colored.

I think UBs would have been better without having the ability to catch them. Just make them OP boss battles. Like I get we already have "alien" pokemon and other worldly pokemon but these just seem so out there.

Just me. I really don't care for the concept of UBs as they did them. I am perfectly fine for them to always and foever only be an Alola thing. Same with Z-moves.

I doubt it will happen but if they have added Mareanie then a Corsola evolution is possible.
So if they added a Growlithe, then a Torkoal evolution is possible?

Evolution is usually a solution to gain an advantage and I think if Corsola was to evolve into a part steel type it would adapt against it's foe. Would be a nice turn the table against the foe going on.
Unfortunately it seems that the only pokemon getting evolutions, are those affected by Eviolite. So seemingly only evolutions to regional variants.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom