• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Basically, the Eviolite Conundrum is where the Eviolite doesn't work on a current Pokémon and so, for consistency, would have to not work on it still. The other option would have been scrapping the Eviolite.

I don’t think it’s that cut and dry. GameFreak doesn’t seem to care that much about continuity. They retconned several Pokémon into the Fairy type in gen 6 and didn’t even justify it outside of some lines in ORAS stating that there were other universes if I remember correctly. GameFreak could easily hand wave any Eviolite issues. Oh uh the Corsola in Galar have to fight so hard against Toxapex that they have gained the energy to evolve, and that untapped energy powers Eviolite etc etc.

What if Toxapex gets a regional evolution instead (or both it and Corsola do)? It's more popular.

Some Pokémon from Gens 1-3 not yet confirmed to be in the Galar Dex that are on my "watch list" for getting a Galarian Form:

-Victreebel line
-Furret line
-Crobat line
-Ursaring line
-Skarmory
-Donphan line
-Stantler
-Mightyena line
-Spinda

I would've said the Arcanine line as well, but they're already confirmed to be in Galar.

I don’t think it’s that cut and dry. GameFreak doesn’t seem to care that much about continuity. They retconned several Pokémon into the Fairy type in gen 6 and didn’t even justify it outside of some lines in ORAS stating that there were other universes if I remember correctly. GameFreak could easily hand wave any Eviolite issues. Oh uh the Corsola in Galar have to fight so hard against Toxapex that they have gained the energy to evolve, and that untapped energy powers Eviolite etc etc.
If this is true, then why didn't they give regular Linoone an evolution?

This is something to say, before the Galarian reveal.

Galar Swellow? Flying/electric?

I always wanted the regular Sweelow to get Sturdy ability , we don't have much flying pokemon with it only Skarmory and Sweelow and it's prevo have a free sendary ability slot waiting. Also would give sense with that what we saw in the anime gen 3.

Last edited:
Here's my question; will some Pokemon receive new evolutions, like Obstagoon, even if the prevolution does not receive a Galarian form? For instance, does a Pokemon like Farfetch'd need a Galarian form to recieve an evolution? Or will it be like the evolutions introduced in Sinnoh and Johto?

Here's my question; will some Pokemon receive new evolutions, like Obstagoon, even if the prevolution does not receive a Galarian form? For instance, does a Pokemon like Farfetch'd need a Galarian form to recieve an evolution? Or will it be like the evolutions introduced in Sinnoh and Johto?
Good question, I have been wondering that myself. So far the implication seems to be that only Galarian forms will be getting these evos, though.

Good question, I have been wondering that myself. So far the implication seems to be that only Galarian forms will be getting these evos, though.
Unfortunate, at least in the case of Farfetch’d. I quite like it’s design. But who knows, maybe the Galarian version will look just as good. Here’s to hoping it finally gets something good, like sniper or super-luck as an ability!

Unfortunate, at least in the case of Farfetch’d. I quite like it’s design. But who knows, maybe the Galarian version will look just as good. Here’s to hoping it finally gets something good, like sniper or super-luck as an ability!
My thought is that Galarian Farfetch’d will be similar to Mega Kangaskhan. In other words, it will look almost identical except for one difference. In this case that difference would be the object it’s holding - a cane or other walking stick perhaps? Then from there it can evolve into Sirfetch’d and look positively dapper. :)

Galar Noctowl and Hoothoot will be flying/fairy with new ability and sound moves.
Maybe soundproof or new sound ability user too.
Will learn sing to put a sleep instead of Hypnosis

The typing is rare and we didn't get one since gen 6 Togetic and Togekiss retyping.

Normal Noctowl has Insomnia and learns Toxic, Steel Wing. (should get iron head or Headbutt actually)
Maybe will get a new steel move like Flash canon or Mirror shot taking it learns Moonblast, to counter is Galar counterpart.

It learns Moonblast, think about that...

Last edited:
I’m thinking Farfetch’d will be getting a pure Fighting Galarian form based upon the glitched image and webpage on the SwSh website homepage. Several people have talked about it being an evo, myself included, but the typing to me doesn’t seem fit for an evolution so a Galarian form might be a possible explanation.

I’m thinking Farfetch’d will be getting a pure Fighting Galarian form based upon the glitched image and webpage on the SwSh website homepage. Several people have talked about it being an evo, myself included, but the typing to me doesn’t seem fit for an evolution so a Galarian form might be a possible explanation.

fighting/steel evo?

Was that intentional? I mean, why would GameFreak leak a pokémon in that way.

Probably, feels like a marketing strategy. It’s Friday the 13th, so the website glitch could be a play off that. Also, it’s not a leak, it’s a tease. The word leak implies that it was unintentional, this is more likely than not intentional.

Probably, feels like a marketing strategy. It’s Friday the 13th, so the website glitch could be a play off that. Also, it’s not a leak, it’s a tease. The word leak implies that it was unintentional, this is more likely than not intentional.
Interesting. I thought that someone of the GameFreak staff unintentionally did it. But, I can see this as a marketing strategy too. Let's see what happens XD

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom