• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
I like Rotom a lot. He's small, cute, mischievous and orange; but mostly I'm just glad to see a non gen one pokemon act as sort of a face for the franchise. I've never really been bothered by annoying helper characters like Navi or Fi either, but I can understand the dislike. (He's super annoying in the anime, though).

Although most of his dialogue was just game advice, I enjoyed when he talked about other stuff like his weird nightmares. However, he probably should have been given more lines so he wouldn't repeat himself as often. Since he's no longer on the bottom screen, hopefully he can be easily ignored this time around, but I like the concept of what Rotom does from a world building prospective. It's interesting to see him back.

It's sort of weird to think about, though. Have Rotom perhaps become such pests in the Pokemon world that they gather them up and put them into phones and such so that they stay out of kitchen appliances? Or is Rotom just some sort of weird parallel to Siri and other "smart" technology?

Last edited:
I think Rotom is really just... annoying and its stupid face doesn't make up for it one bit. I'd rather get Porygon, the pokemon that gets absolutely the least attention because the anime has ignored it and its evolutions ever since that flashing lights incident which wasn't even its fault. Screw Rotom, give me a Porygon dex, or a Porygon 2 dex, or a Porygon-Z dex in a main series game. Force Ash to trade in his annoying Rotomdex for a member of the Porygon line. Let the poor thing finally get a voice after all these years and make it less annoying than Rotom will ever be.

It's nice that it got to be the phone in Masters but... I'm less interested in playing that than I am in playing Sword and Shield and we all know that the anime will probably ignore the fact that mobile game exists.

Gawd I would love to see Porygon possess some objects or get a new form or do anything cool so the anime focuses on it again. It's not fair that it got shafted.

I think Rotom is really just... annoying and its stupid face doesn't make up for it one bit. I'd rather get Porygon, the pokemon that gets absolutely the least attention because the anime has ignored it and its evolutions ever since that flashing lights incident which wasn't even its fault. Screw Rotom, give me a Porygon dex, or a Porygon 2 dex, or a Porygon-Z dex in a main series game. Force Ash to trade in his annoying Rotomdex for a member of the Porygon line. Let the poor thing finally get a voice after all these years and make it less annoying than Rotom will ever be.
Be careful what you wish for... I used to like Rotom and I entertained the idea of it having different formes until SM happened. I feel that Porygon really dodged a bullet there.

I really like Rotom because I think it has a really neat gimmick, but my god it was so annoying in gen 7. Not only did its tips become useless after like the first island, they prevented me from accessing the map. Having to cycle through boring and pointless dialogue just to see where I am is infuriating.

Plus, it can talk to me but somehow that has absolutely zero impact on the Pokémon universe. You’d think Kukui would abandon his research on moves and focus more on the freaking talking Pokémon. Suddenly N wouldn’t be so special if everyone had Rotom phones translating for their Pokémon...

Be careful what you wish for... I used to like Rotom and I entertained the idea of it having different formes until SM happened. I feel that Porygon really dodged a bullet there.
I don't know, now that they made Rotom the annoying one, I think they would have to really intentionally try to make Porygon juuuust as obnoxious. =P They wouldn't give it that bzzt speech quirk at least, since it belongs to Rotom now, and that part really annoys the shit out of me so that's already moving in a good direction.

I'm thinking positively, I don't think Rotom will annoy me as much in Galar. There is no more bottom screen for him to haunt and say the same things 100 times.

And I'm probably not going to buy the games. So I'll be an optimist, Rotom will be fun in Galar.

I feel like if the Rotom Phone talks like the dex did, my trainer's gonna be like "Oi, that's great 'n all but is there a mute button for the wee little pest?"
The Rotom Dex is one of the reasons why I dislike Moon. First of all, it's not the original orange that I like, it's more red. Secondly, it's annoying as hell.

a new electric/ghost not rotom related?
weird good typing unused again.
Could be Galar forms with it.

Kinda weird that it evolves from regular Farfetch'd instead of a Galarian variant but no big...I want to use one on my team and since I'm getting Sword it will be significantly easier :)

Wondering if we'll be getting a different "new evolution of a non-regional mon" for Shield; the website leaves a blank space next to Sirfetch'd in the news section.

Kinda weird that it evolves from regular Farfetch'd instead of a Galarian variant but no big...I want to use one on my team and since I'm getting Sword it will be significantly easier :)

Wondering if we'll be getting a different "new evolution of a non-regional mon" for Shield; the website leaves a blank space next to Sirfetch'd in the news section.

Maybe for dunsparce, shuckle, or even stunfisk or carnivine! :)

so it's just fighting? That feels kinda weird to me xD I was very much expecting Fighting/Flying. Also it evolves from regular Farfetch'd so it is basically like an oldschool cross-gen evo

It not being flying makes sense even if it was another possible re-balancing act. It can't fly because it's carrying two halves of a huge leek. Normal Farfetch'd could fly because it could easily carry the single, small leek, in its bill. But sadly, Sirfetch'd can get its bill around the leak and also carry the shield half as well, so it's taken a life of being flightless.

Which means it's easier to catch.

Which also means...oh god...the sausages are more than likely duck sausages.

EDIT: In all seriousness though, flightless ducks do exist in real life.

Last edited:
Sirfetch'd is great. He's perfect.

Shame that his signature move is a recharge move tho.

You can only switch if you've defeated the opponent and the prompt comes up. Otherwise, it'd kinda ruin the point of having the drawback.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom