• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
We will. Galarian Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Slowking have already been confirmed. You can get a G-Slowpoke before either expansion releases, however you will not be able to evolve it into a G-Slowbro until the first expansion releases or a G-Slowking until the second expansion releases.
Yeah i know, but i hope we get more besides Slowpoke/bro/king and the bird trio (if they are forms).

I also hope we get some more regional forms, and I think it's entirely possible, just on how the website expresses multiples. I don't think we'll get too many, but at the very least an additional line for the Isle of Armor, and then one for the Crowned Tundra.

I wonder if these potential new variants would have a regional evolution to go with them. Because then the new evolution would have to take up a new place in the dex, beyond the legendaries. Maybe they will have a separate section in the Dex for these places or something.

I also hope we get some more regional forms, and I think it's entirely possible, just on how the website expresses multiples. I don't think we'll get too many, but at the very least an additional line for the Isle of Armor, and then one for the Crowned Tundra.

I wonder if these potential new variants would have a regional evolution to go with them. Because then the new evolution would have to take up a new place in the dex, beyond the legendaries. Maybe they will have a separate section in the Dex for these places or something.
It seems we won't get entirely new Pokémon besides legendaries and regional variants, though regional evolutions may or may not be semi-included into the regional variants category.

Poketuber hoopsandhiphop pointed out that we actually get a nice shot (though blurry) of Galarian Slowbro in the trailer, as shown below:
6B1571FC-7A2F-4C74-B089-27B718C126F8.jpeg

No Shellder in sight. Calling it right now; Galarian Slowbro is Psychic/Poison type. The seeds create a chemical change in Slowbro that makes it extremely bitter/toxic to Shellder, hence why it’s not there.

A poketuber I watch, MandJTV posted an analysis today of the DLC reveal, and he actually pointed out something interesting.

Klara's head ornament loosely resembles the wings of a Dustox, who is not in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Klara - Edited.png
dustox - Edited.jpg

While the shapes and colors are different (which does tend to happen with regional variants), the markings are quite similar. While it could be very easily marked up to just simply having the markings of Dustox, but being colored and shaped to fit Klara's outfit, I do think it is still interesting to note. She does also appear to have similar figures on her shoes.

I saw that too and was also intrigued :) Curious about typing though. We already got our Poison/Fairy with Galarian Weezing.

Maybe Ice/Poison because of the fur coat? This is what happens when you cross breed Snom and Wurmple I guess :p
Poison/Ice would be a cool typing, though I wonder if the might save the ice type variants for the Crowned Tundra DLC. I was figuring since Klara is part of the Isle of Armor DLC, Wurmple would be included in that one if it had a regional variant for Dustox.

I was thinking maybe Poison/Dark or Poison/Flying, or even just pure poison

Galarian Slowbro is Psychic/Poison type. The seeds create a chemical change in Slowbro that makes it extremely bitter/toxic to Shellder, hence why it’s not there.
We know atleast something attaches to Slowking since an eye of the Shellder-like Pokemon is visible from the scribbled out parts. It would be strange if something attaches to Slowking but not to Slowbro. It’s tail is also not visible in the shot either,

We know atleast something attaches to Slowking since an eye of the Shellder-like Pokemon is visible from the scribbled out parts. It would be strange if something attaches to Slowking but not to Slowbro. It’s tail is also not visible in the shot either,
Maybe Gastly? Gastly has always reminded me of Cloyster’s core and it’s part Poison-type too.

Calling it now; either (Galarian) Victreebel or (Galarian) Gligar is attached to Slowking's head.

well in the picture someone posted before we could see Slowbros head and it didn't look like there was anything. and we saw its tail which clearly didn't have anything. I really think G-Slowbro will evolve on its own.

Psychic/Poison is a good shout or Slowbro, and maybe Psychic/Ghost for Slowking?

well in the picture someone posted before we could see Slowbros head and it didn't look like there was anything. and we saw its tail which clearly didn't have anything. I really think G-Slowbro will evolve on its own.

Psychic/Poison is a good shout or Slowbro, and maybe Psychic/Ghost for Slowking?
Ghost is generally only given to spectres, "undead" or cursed objects/things. The only exceptions are legendaries who live in shadowy realms and Decidueye. The purple is also the same as Slowbro's, so I'd guess they're both psychic/poison.

And, yeah, Slowbro definitely has nothing biting on its tail.

Ghost is generally only given to spectres, "undead" or cursed objects/things. The only exceptions are legendaries who live in shadowy realms and Decidueye. The purple is also the same as Slowbro's, so I'd guess they're both psychic/poison.

And, yeah, Slowbro definitely has nothing biting on its tail.
I think it would be kinda boring if they are the same type, but their regular forms are as well so who knows. it looks like some kind of specter and kinda menacing, thats why I was thinking ghost. Maybe the item you give to it is some kind of possesed crown?

The offcial site says this;
Many Pokémon that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield make their homes on the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. Get ready to meet a lively array of diverse Pokémon, from newly discovered Legendary Pokémon and new regional forms to familiar Pokémon that have been seen living in other regions!

The offcial site says this;
Many Pokémon that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield make their homes on the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. Get ready to meet a lively array of diverse Pokémon, from newly discovered Legendary Pokémon and new regional forms to familiar Pokémon that have been seen living in other regions!

So probably no new non-Legendary Pokémon, I'm going to guess.

I think it would be kinda boring if they are the same type, but their regular forms are as well so who knows. it looks like some kind of specter and kinda menacing, thats why I was thinking ghost. *Maybe the item you give to it is some kind of possesed crown?*
*Azhag the Slaughterer intensifies.*

About Galarian Dustox....

Is it it possible that Galarian Dustox is actually something like Bug/Fairy.....but Klara is still wearing a bow based on it because:

1. It was originally a Poison type Pokemon

2. It's probably the cutest/most feminine design being added to the Isle of Armor.

I mean she is a poison type user...but we also know being considered cute is important to her. (and fairy types tend to be the "cute" type)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom