• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
It might just be Poison/Fairy to be honest. Slowbro is still Psychic after all, retaining the typing of it's family line.

Also, I hope for some more non-Kanto Regionals. I kinda silently also hope for Gigantamax Galar Forms.

And all this makes me realize we could have had Galarian Kanto Starters. Damn.

Since the Crown Tundra is confirmed to be based off of Scotland by the Pokémon Company themselves, I wonder if we'll get some sort of Galarian Whismur evolutionary line based on Scottish music and instruments to go along with it (particularly bagpipes and accordions). Perhaps they can have an Ice/Normal dual typing since Scotland has been said to have cold winds.

Since the Crown Tundra is confirmed to be based off of Scotland by the Pokémon Company themselves, I wonder if we'll get some sort of Galarian Whismur evolutionary line based on Scottish music and instruments to go along with it (particularly bagpipes and accordions). Perhaps they can have an Ice/Normal dual typing since Scotland has been said to have cold winds.
Whismur could use some extra love; it has become a bit obscure the past few years.

Anyway, there are lots of opportunities for new regional forms; really excited for all of it.

Whismur could use some extra love; it has become a bit obscure the past few years.

Anyway, there are lots of opportunities for new regional forms; really excited for all of it.
I still want a Pokémon based on the cu Sith. Maybe a grass/Ghost or normal/Ghost variant of Stoutland would do the trick.

So, do people also think Galarian Dustox will be a thing?
I'm going to go with no, that there will not be a Galarian Dustox considering the fact that we've seen stylized Pokemon that did not turn out to be Galarian forms. For example, the gold Klink on one of the league card backgrounds and the Hoothoot logo were both speculated to be regional variants.

I'm going to go with no, that there will not be a Galarian Dustox considering the fact that we've seen stylized Pokemon that did not turn out to be Galarian forms. For example, the gold Klink on one of the league card backgrounds and the Hoothoot logo were both speculated to be regional variants.
they still can be taking these expansions... now Im thinking about G. Slowbro getting psychic/fire, poison typing and slowking psyhic/ghost

Dustox ice/poison would make actually sense, or fairy/poison?

I really like Galarian Slowbro's design and signature move. Hopefully, Galarian Slowking is just as good.

I really like Galarian Slowbro's design and signature move. Hopefully, Galarian Slowking is just as good.
I do too. It's pretty creative.

What do y'all think will be the stat distributions for the new Galarian forms? Here are my predictions

Slowbro
  • HP: 95
  • Atk: 110
  • Defense: 75
  • SpAtk: 100
  • SpDef: 80
  • Speed: 30
They mention Slowbro can shoot poison from the Shellder gun thing or flail it around to attack, plus it loses its main source of protection, so I switched regular Kantonian Slowbro's Attack and Defense. Slowpoke has always had higher Attack than Special Attack anyway, so this would be more consistent with that.

Articuno
  • HP: 90
  • Atk: 85
  • Def: 90
  • SpAtk: 115
  • SpDef: 115
  • Speed: 85
Galarian Articuno's gimmick seems to be its eye lasers, so it would be remiss of me to not boost Special Attack. I decreased its defenses a bit in exchange because it seems to be more of an attacker now than it once was, but I'm sure it'll still retain some of the Kantonian form's bulk.

Zapdos
  • Atk: 115
  • Def: 85
  • SpAtk: 90
  • SpDef: 85
  • Speed: 115
I followed the same stat numbers as Articuno but moved them around here. This Zapdos is clearly very fast and hard hitting with physical attacks but I doubt it'll be very effective at special attacks.

Moltres
  • Atk: 115
  • Def: 85
  • SpAtk: 115
  • SpDef: 85
  • Speed: 90
This one was probably the hardest one for me to decide on... it felt kind of weird lowering its special attack and honestly I think Moltres's original stats fit it just fine. But I wanted to keep it in line numerically with the others.

I would love to hear what other people's predictions are though

I think its really interesting that galarian articuno switches literal coldness for emotional coldness. Regular articuno has a cold body and a warm heart, since it rescues people lost in the montains. Galarian articuno has a cold heart and a warm body( birds have warm bodies).

When I first heard about Quick Draw and Shell Side Arm, both made me think of pirates. They just sound... pirate-y (though they also made me think of cowboys too). While it doesn’t seem like there’s much of a connection between G-Slowbro and pirates, there is something about it that makes me think “pirate” (or maybe it’s because it’s almost midnight and I’m exhausted) and I do wonder if pirates might have served some inspiration for the form (and maybe G-Slowking as well?). I mean Slowbro is an aquatic Pokémon and pirates mainly operated on the high seas, no?

Well... they also mentioned Galarbro being faster than regularbro, so it might swap some defenses for speed.
I thought the whole thing about its speed was only when the shellder bites down harder, and I thought that probably results in it's ability "quick draw". I'd be surprised if it is much faster than regular slowbro

I thought the whole thing about its speed was only when the shellder bites down harder, and I thought that probably results in it's ability "quick draw". I'd be surprised if it is much faster than regular slowbro

Slowbro is 30 speed. I can see Galarbro being 50, but not more and then its defense is lowered by 2 stages.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom