• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
Slowbro is confirmed to be the only new regional variant in Isle of Armour.
914825392_large.RTDXPortraitSad.png.8cf261d14cd3e21e80d23d3390ec2b8f.png

I was really hoping for more...

Rockruff’s evolutions - 5AM to 5:59 AM

try to experiment with Riolu and a night evolution too.

Also, I wonder what the Galarian Slowking looks like?
1592876538135.png
Based upon the above image, it looks like Galarian Slowking has a purple tail and upper body, including its hands and arms. I figure the color is the same as the purple on Galarian Slowbro. The mouth part also looks to share the same pale color as Galarian Slowbro as well. To me, it looks like the crown, presumably Shellder, either has four pairs of eyes or one pair of eyes and some teeth.

Apologies for the double post, but, Galarian Slowbro really should have had Mega Launcher instead of Own Tempo as an ability.

Well, the only affected move it learns is Water Pulse, so unless they wanted to expand its movepool, Mega Launcher wouldn’t be very useful.

Well, the only affected move it learns is Water Pulse, so unless they wanted to expand its movepool, Mega Launcher wouldn’t be very useful.
Oh. After looking on Bulapedia, I think I overestimated the types of moves Mega Launcher effects (I thought ball and bomb moves were also included).

Still, I feel like it would’ve been more fitting despite being less useful...

Apologies for the double post, but, Galarian Slowbro really should have had Mega Launcher instead of Own Tempo as an ability.
[/QUOTE
Oh. After looking on Bulapedia, I think I overestimated the types of moves Mega Launcher effects (I thought ball and bomb moves were also included).

Still, I feel like it would’ve been more fitting despite being less useful...

Out of curiosity, why are you using spoiler tags for a Pokemon we've known about since January and the effects of an ability from Gen 6

Out of curiosity, why are you using spoiler tags for a Pokemon we've known about since January and the effects of an ability from Gen 6
Eh, I’m just overcautious. I got a warning for violating a spoiler during the SwSh release cycle, and was somewhat irritated when exposed to mild spoilers as well during said cycle (I eventually caved though).

I could probably remove the spoiler tag surrounding Mega Launcher. I spoilered it as I figured it could count as an indirect spoiler.

1. plot details and things that aren't revealed in trailers count as spoilers in threads not marked by the spoiler prefix. in threads marked by the spoiler prefix, using the spoiler tag is encouraged, but not mandatory.

2. previously known abilities do not need to be spoilered.

TLDR: keep spoilers to spoiler prefix threads and you're good.

let know or a member of the SwSh mod team know if you have any questions but that should be the gist of things.

Last edited:
1. plot details and things that aren't revealed in trailers count as spoilers in threads not marked by the spoiler prefix. in threads marked by the spoiler prefix, using the spoiler tag is encouraged, but not mandatory.

2. previously known abilities do not need to be spoilered.

TLDR: keep spoilers to spoiler prefix threads and you're good.

let know or a member of the SwSh mod team know if you have any questions but that should be the gist of things.
Thank you moderator Shaymin :)

This isn’t specific to Galarian forms, but I wish GameFreak was a little more adventurous with the stat changes. Many regional variants change so drastically, yet for some reason most of their stats are pretty much identical, with a few base points shifted around. I can understand having similar stats for variants that don’t have an extreme change, like Alolan Raichu and Galarian Slowbro, but for Pokémon like Alolan Marowak and Galarian Darumaka, I feel their stats should be more different from the base forms. I also feel the same about their cries, luckily, it appears that Galarian Slowpoke has a different cry than the regular form (I haven’t heard it so I can’t verify that) so it seems like we’ll see more cry differences in future variants.

also I think the Rufflet line and by proxy the Vullaby line should’ve gotten Galarian variants

I mean it's why I can't appreciate Regional forms as much as others do. Cause they are literally recolours with a new typing. I'd prefer it the way Galar did it, adding an extra evolution so you can actually make meaningful stat changes.

But at the same time, that might exclude some mons form getting that like Stone Evos for example. (Rip Arcanine. Never getting anything.)

Disappointed that Galarian Slowpoke was the only line in the DLC. It doesn’t even look that different compared to Kantonian Slowpoke, it just has yellow on its top. Not to mention that Slowbro already has a Mega. At least there is Galarian Slowking to look forward to.

I know it’s slim, but I’m hoping for Sinnoh regional variants. As much as I love BW, it’s frustrating that it got regional variants before Sinnoh. I’m personally hoping for Galarian Glameow and and a Galarian Finneon Line.

What I've dug not long ago:

Initially I thought slowpoke had a case of mild cyanide poisoning since it specifies that it overate the seeds, but it seems galarica twigs are loosely based on a horse chestnut branch (it's called galanut branch in Japanese, idk where "arica"is from Maybe ricin because the west loves breaking bad), they have poisonous seeds and twigs, and if you try hard enough to convince yourself, the in-game sprite looks similar to a real horse chestnut branch, and they grow somewhere in the UK, not sure if they are in the isle of man though.

And for the birds, still not much beyond the body-mind-spirit trio, ostriches are the biggest birds so they make sense for a fighting-type but nothing related to Scotland and Britain. Remeber when I said I see more colorfull birds in my FB feed than when I'm actively looking up for these birds? In my hopelessness, I chose to believe that it's partially based on a bearded reedling, it's bad at flying and actually would care about living in a tree, are these two facts valid arguments? No, am I willing to use them as arguments? No, tho they share the black spots around the eyes and on the wings and have a dark orange colour....and can't fly very well,anyways, the linked article states that the single biggest population in GB is in Scotland, however they don't migrate unless the sky felt bored and decided to just attack them for no reason like siblings.

Slowbro is hard one, beceause I didn't find anything, we know shellder makes good poison so maybe it sees a slowpoke holding bad poison thing and is like "oh no, don't eat that thing!! Here, have some good stuff injected to your veins" and maybe this time slowpoke has a good immune system that welcomes good poison and- yeah,no. What if it's designed by Hitoshi Ariga and is actually a mega man pokemon, yeah also probably no.

A while back I mentioned that Galarian Slowpoke was the first regional variant to have a different cry than its original form, which I think is a notion that I picked up from one of the dataminers on Twitter. But I think I may have to issue a retraction on that statement now because comparing the two Slowpoke forms' cries in HOME, they sound exactly the same to me. I still want to compare them in-game, though, which I'll try to do soon.

Edit: Okay so, listening to them in SwSh, I actually can tell the difference. Kantonian Slowpoke's has a sort of upward pitch at the end, whereas Galarian Slowpoke's does not. That being said, Kantonian and Galarian Slowbro still appear to have the same cry, so, uh, make of that what you will.

Last edited:
Thought this thread got deleted somehow because I couldn't find it. Anyways...

I might have talked about this before, but I like the fact that Galarian Rapidash's face has a sort of cold or even grumpy expression rather than a more cutesy one like Galarian Ponyta. I feel that it slightly subverts the idea of unicorns being all sweet and such. That being said, I wish that G-Rapidash had a more sturdy body like the Kantonian form.
1602807385160.png

Disappointed that Galarian Slowpoke was the only line in the DLC. It doesn’t even look that different compared to Kantonian Slowpoke, it just has yellow on its top. Not to mention that Slowbro already has a Mega. At least there is Galarian Slowking to look forward to.

I know it’s slim, but I’m hoping for Sinnoh regional variants. As much as I love BW, it’s frustrating that it got regional variants before Sinnoh. I’m personally hoping for Galarian Glameow and and a Galarian Finneon Line.
Agreed lol! In the game I had hope I might encounter a surprise new Galarian Pokemon, I even avoided spoilers because I was so sure there’s plenty of new G forms... but no. I was disappointed.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom