• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

Do You think We'll see Galar Regional Varients of Past Pokemon and would you want them

• Total voters
And disagreed, the nice thing about regional variants is that you don't have to deal with the clones anymore. Cause do we really need 20 more wannabe Machamps andf 60 more imitation Pidgeys? I don't think we'd quite crossed the line where it really becomes troublesome yet, but we're getting pretty close. Cause at some point you're gonna arrive at a 'basically X, but worse/better'

Regional variants are not so incredibly different from Pokemon with different forms, just more permanent. I mean, if you want you could call Wormadam a proto-regional variant
I like Conkelldurr. I wouldn't call Hoot and Taillow imitation Pidgeys. I would rather they clog up Pokedex space then head space.

While it’s true that every gen gets a Pikachu/Pidgey/Rattata ‘clone’, I don’t think that they can be called imitation, at least for the Pidgey successors. They’re all fairly distinct from each other, and I don’t think the Pidgey line is actually the favorite among the community.

And even with Alolan forms (one of which WAS Rattata) we still got Pidgey when Rattata’s successors in Gen 7. I doubt similar lines won’t be present in Gen 8 regardless of the presence or absence of Galaran forms.

These are some other things I think would be cool.

You know how Sun and Moon implies that Alolan Exeggutor is actually the true form? Well now let’s think about the corphish line and how it’s previous Pokédex entries say it’s an invasive species. I think that Galar should be revealed as corphish’s home region while the line we’ve been seeing this whole time is simply it’s form after adapting to new regions. Perhaps, Water/Fighting would be a good new typing.

And the same thing should happen to Gumshoos since it’s based off a detective. Maybe a Normal/Psychic type that bares more resemblance to Sherlock Holmes than Donald Trump.

I wouldn't be surprised if they return, but I wouldn't expect any regional forms for Gen 5 and beyond. I think it's still too early for them

These are some other things I think would be cool.

You know how Sun and Moon implies that Alolan Exeggutor is actually the true form? Well now let’s think about the corphish line and how it’s previous Pokédex entries say it’s an invasive species. I think that Galar should be revealed as corphish’s home region while the line we’ve been seeing this whole time is simply it’s form after adapting to new regions. Perhaps, Water/Fighting would be a good new typing.

And the same thing should happen to Gumshoos since it’s based off a detective. Maybe a Normal/Psychic type that bares more resemblance to Sherlock Holmes than Donald Trump.
And Yungoos is ALSO an Invasive Species; hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

Though I Think Maybe focusing more on the gen 2-4 Regional Varients is more likely; since Gen 2 is the most likely to recieve new Regional Varients, since there's not really more you could do with the Remaining Kanto Pokemon that have neither Alola Forms, nor Megavolutions. . .

Ghost/Fairy Misdreavus/Mismagius.

This is the perfect opportunity.
Isn't there ALREADY A Ghost/fairy type Pokemon; AKA An Adorable Bedsheet Ghost dressed in a Pikachu-inspired Hankerchief. . .

Who is A Lovable Creature who is Villainized by the Anime into an Eldritch Abomination who wants to Murder Pikachu. . .

and To those who show me things to prove that Mimikyu ISN'T the Adorable Pokemon I Fell In love with; Here's WHY I think of Mimikyu the way I Do:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ&disable_polymer=1

Tell me that ISN'T cute & Heartwarming(P.S. If you do; That's A Lie. . .)

Isn't there ALREADY A Ghost/fairy type Pokemon; AKA An Adorable Bedsheet Ghost dressed in a Pikachu-inspired Hankerchief. . .

Who is A Lovable Creature who is Villainized by the Anime into an Eldritch Abomination who wants to Murder Pikachu. . .

and To those who show me things to prove that Mimikyu ISN'T the Adorable Pokemon I Fell In love with; Here's WHY I think of Mimikyu the way I Do:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ&disable_polymer=1

Tell me that ISN'T cute & Heartwarming(P.S. If you do; That's A Lie. . .)

Yes Mimikyu is adorable XD

But Ghost/Fairy Misdreavus/Mismagius makes so much sense especially when we think about Galarian forms. Not only do they represent the traditional witch form, but they are also based on Banshees - Irish fairies who's screams are connected to deaths. And Misdreavus is known for sneaking up on people and screaming.

Yes Mimikyu is adorable XD

But Ghost/Fairy Misdreavus/Mismagius makes so much sense especially when we think about Galarian forms. Not only do they represent the traditional witch form, but they are also based on Banshees - Irish fairies who's screams are connected to deaths. And Misdreavus is known for sneaking up on people and screaming.
Good Point. . . You made a logical counter-arguement. . . well played. . .
Also, it's not like Game Freak has not repeated typings in the next generation. People dismissed Lunala at first because we already had Hoopa.
True. . . yet another valid point there. . .

Id rather have new species than more new forms of older Pokemon, while new forms can be cool, I was not impressed with a lot of the Alolan forms and I dont think older Pokemon need any more of them.

Truant , fire/bug with Dazzling that could be interesting

Maybe another regional variant of Raichu that’s either Electric/Fighting or Electric/Dark would be cool, especially if it’s design is what Gorochu’s was supposed to be.

They can also throw in a Normal/Water variant of saws buck based on the Chinese Water deer for good measure.

Maybe another regional variant of Raichu that’s either Electric/Fighting or Electric/Dark would be cool, especially if it’s design is what Gorochu’s was supposed to be.

I think any further variant of Raichu should be Electric/Fire.
Mostly wish filfilment since Raichu is my favourite Pokemon and Fire's my favourite type and I’d like to see both in one 'mon.

What about a Galarian form for Pineco and Forretress taking the shape of books and dictionaries, found in PokeOxford?

Id rather have new species than more new forms of older Pokemon, while new forms can be cool, I was not impressed with a lot of the Alolan forms and I dont think older Pokemon need any more of them.

I feel like GF limited themselves too much by restricting them purely to Kanto. I'm hoping we'll see more inspired forms again if they expand. Some of the early-revealed Alolan forms were excellent.

Galaran Shuckle Bug/Ground type but this time it is more offensive

Galaran Teddiursa and Ursaring pure Steel-type , more grey looking

Galaran Octillery Water/Steel type , you know it was supposed to be a tank

Galaran Stantler Psychic type

I think whole regional variant idea is based on giving a second chance to old and not very popular pokemon. So these pokemon are just right for the job. ( Shuckle is only meme-popular, not in-game popular )

EDIT: Galaran Torkoal Fire/Steel type , i think fire/steel torkoal can fit all steamy nature of the Galar.

I think Torkoal would be better suited to a regular evolution which gives it a stat boost, unlike a regional variant with the same BST.

I would definitely love that. I think we should have more evolutions for old pokemon
I found a fan design by WforWumbo from Deviantart. It says it mega torkoal but i can easily see that as a regular evolution for torkoal

mega_torkoal_by_wforwumbo_d80y5ua-pre.jpg

I'm not going to pay $60 to see Jynx in a bad outfit (joke about regional forms). After the stoner form of Meowth and ugly Ratticate, I'm good not having regional forms return. A-Marowak and A-Raichu are the only exceptions to my dislike of regional variants, A-Marowak and A-Raichu both look like some careful thought and consideration went into their designs.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom