• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Galar's Darkest Hour Updates and Thoughts

Fan of Jarrus

Kanan Jarrus is a Noble Jedi
Reaction score
It is now 16 pages long. I still have to rewrite the fight when Zacian and Zamazenta come in. They speak Middle English, I feel that it would confuse the reader. I do not want to rush the fight scenes. The story gets depressing for a while after this battle.

A major character died and got revived. But the protagonists do not recover from their depression and anger. That would not go away easily.

Many other parts are being worked on. Sometimes I get stuck on what to write next. Some paragraphs are too short and I think. What else should go in there? I try to get rid of redundant words. Making sure the characters are not OOC.

When I have completed Galar's Darkest Hour. It will be posted on here and on Fanfiction.net.

The beginning part.

Defeating Rose had not been easy for Victor and Hop. Instead of stopping them, the Chairman let them pass. He even congratulated Victor for beating him. Roars filled the air when Victor and Hop exit the elevator. Leon’s Charizard knocked down a large skeleton-like dragon Pokémon. Was this creature even a Pokémon? It looked like it came from another dimension.

Hop gasped as he took in the sight of Eternatus. “So that is…” He held tightly on the rusted shield. “There is enough of us to deal with Eternatus.” Hop shook a little as he gazed at the beast. But he would not let himself to be afraid of it. “With Lee, we can win.”

“All of us can do deal with Eternatus.” Victor told his friend as he got out Dover’s Poké Ball. “Looks like Leon has got this.”

Charizard roared as he subdued the beast with Dragon Claw. He was covered in deep gashes. But the fire-type does not seem bothered. Charizard’s tail flame flared when the beast rose up. “So you can still fight? Bring it then!” His eyes darted to Victor and Hop. Charizard growled at Leon before facing Eternatus.

Leon turned towards them, his eyes widening. “You came to help me in spite of the danger?” There was a hint of anger in the Champion’s tone. Leon would be, Victor told himself. He and Hop just show up when this beast needed to be dealt with.

“We had to come. Even if you can deal with this.” Victor flinched as the dragon sent out a blast of energy. This creature was much dangerous than any Pokémon Victor had seen. “We got the sword and shield. To help you…” He stopped, noticing Leon’s look of scepticism. “Yes, two gym challengers turn up with rusted weapons. I do not blame you, Leon.” Victor gazed at the rusted sword. “But they must be helpful.

“No need for you two to worry.” Despite his doubt, Leon remained focused. “Charizard and the rest of my champion team members have really worn Eternatus down." This dragon, Eternatus lets out roars of pain. It glared at Leon and Charizard, struggling to attack again. But the beast could cripple anyone with a loud roar. The injuries it received appeared not to phase it.

“It seems like some power of Eternatus was keeping my team from Dynamaxing, but... we've had a champion time all the same!” Leon recalled the exhausted Charizard. Getting out an Ultra Ball, he declared. “Now if I can simply catch it and we should be able to get this madness under control.” Leon threw the Ultra Ball at Eternatus and caught it. The Ultra Ball shook once. Leon’s eyes narrowed and he walked over to Victor and Hop. “Brace yourselves.” Leon quietly told the pair as he stood in front of them. “Eternatus is-” An ear-splitting explosion came from the Ultra Ball.

Victor shielded his eyes. He staggered, the force nearly sent him flying. Would this kill them all? “Hop.” Victor clenched his teeth and faced his friend. He was still standing, recovering from the shock. Victor uncovered his eyes to see Eternatus had freed itself. “Why?” He yelled and glared at the beast. A Ultra Ball should had worked. “No, Leon.” Victor’s thoughts turned to the Champion.

With a strained gasp, Leon collapsed. He was drenched in blood and struggled to breath. With effort, Leon faced Eternatus. “Do not…” His eyes flashed weakly. “Think… About…” But Leon was too weak to deal with Eternatus now. He attempted to get back up, but was unable to. A pool of blood flowed from his injured body.

Victor wants to show Rose what happened to Leon.

He just wanted Leon to be alright. Victor stood in front of the Pokémon Centre. Dover and the others were healed up. “Let’s get back to Wyndon.” Victor told his team when they stepped outside. He would meet up with Hop at the hotel. Was he alright? Victor wondered.

What is up?” Lightning whined as he looked at Victor. “We have won.

“Rose’s actions caused Leon to get seriously injured.” Victor told the Boltund. “He will not be able to battle for a while.” He walked off, only to be stopped by Charred. “What is it?” Victor nearly snapped at his partner.

Rose hurt the Champion?” The Centiskorch clicked as his flames rise. “That makes me want to find that man.

“I would fight him again and take him to Leon.” Victor told Charred, not looking at him. “I would tell him. Just look at him, Rose! Leon got seriously injured because of Eternatus.” He recalled everyone and walked down Hammerlocke’s streets. “Please do not leave, Leon.” Victor stopped and stared straight ahead. The citizens were coming back now that the danger had been driven away. They were unaware about Leon who was now in a bad state.

Victor had no energy to get back to Wyndon. He rented a room in a nearby hotel. “You could had dealt with Eternatus, Leon.” Victor whispered as he gazed at the celling. He wanted to tell Leon how he felt. “Dynamax Pokémon were never a problem for you. But it was Rose’s fault, not yours. You did an amazing job, as always.

Victor’s phone beeped. “Where are you, Victor? Please come.” Hop’s message made Victor get up. His best friend needed him.

Victor's anger towards Rose is toned down. He worries more about Leon.

Victor does get angry if people close to him are harmed.

Victor snaps at Rose who is in disguise. The man feels remorse about causing a disaster. He would still care about Leon.

“Coming.” Victor replied and left the room. Outside, he saw a hooded figure walk pass him. They stopped and turned towards Victor. “What?” Victor snapped, the heat rising inside of him. “Have you heard the Champion got injured because of Rose and Eternatus?!”

“Leon has-” The man looked down then composed himself. His voice so quiet. Victor had to listen carefully to his words. “That was terrible. But I am sure he will recover. Leon had overcome many challenges.”

“You were not fucking there!” Victor screamed as he punched the wall. He wanted to go out on Rose. To make him feel what Leon went through. “He had to protect Hop and myself from an explosion because that Rose’s beast would not stay in the ball! Leon was in a terrible state and he lost a lot of blood!”

“Hey! Calm down.” The man grabbed Victor’s arm. “I am also worried for our Champion. But anger is not going to help.”

“Get off! Leon is going to die!” Victor struggled, but the man held him tight. “That bastard who was obsessed with energy would not care!” Victor sighed, Galar’s Champion was not important to Rose. But he was to most of Galar. “Leon was…” Tears fall down Victor’s face. “Important to us.”

“I am sure that Rose is concerned.” The man told Victor and brought him close. “Although Galar must never run out of energy. No one should get hurt.”

“Leon should be able to make it?” Victor wiped away the tears. “I would only battle him when he is fully recovered.”

“I know Leon can survive this.” The man lowered his head and went silent. Who was this man? Victor wondered to himself. “You better get back to Wyndon.” His voice went solemn, like he was reflecting. “I will get a Corviknight Taxi for you.”

Calming himself, Victor nodded. “Thank you… Who are you?”

“Do not worry about that.” The man waved his hand. “Just focus on getting some rest.”

Victor got his belongings and went to wait for the taxi. Despite the man’s words, he was still afraid. Can the Champion heal with those serious wounds? Can he still fight? Victor should had not been the one to catch Eternatus. Leon was the one meant to do that.

Victor feels angry at Eternatus. A man comes and takes away the beast from him. He then learns that Leon has died from his injuries.

Now back at Wyndon, Victor locked himself in his hotel room. He laid on his bed, refusing to talk with anyone. Even to Hop and his own Pokémon. Victor clutched at the ball that held Eternatus. “Come on you beast. Try and take me out.” But the Pokémon is sealed tightly inside. “Why cannot you stay in when Leon caught you?!” He screamed, almost throwing it. “Don’t do that, Victor.” Victor shook his head. That would be a disaster if it broke out again.

He heard knocking on his room’s door. “What do they fucking want?” Victor placed the ball down and goes to open it. A man in uniform stood outside. “You are the one who caught Eternatus?” He asked, unware about Victor’s distress.

“Yes.” Victor tried to keep the anger out of his voice. “Take that beast away. I never want to see it again.” He shivered at his last words before reminding himself that Eternatus was dangerous. The man took the beast and left.

Victor picked up the television remote, but hesitated. He feared the worst if he turned on the news. Reluctantly, Victor switched on the television. Dread filled him as he changed to the news report. Leon had died. The doctors treating him are trying to resuscitate the Champion. But he had suffered severe damage and blood loss.

“No…” Victor turns of the television, trembling. He cannot bear to hear more. Victor let the tears flow. No one can see him cry. The Champion was gone now, all thanks to Rose. He would always be grateful to Leon. For letting him start the journey around Galar. Even when Victor struggled to talk to the man.

Leon starts to come around after recovering. He has flashbacks as he wakes.

Only blackness surrounded him and he heard cheering. Leon blinked and regained his vision. He stood in Wyndon Stadium. Hearing a familiar growl, he turned. It was Charizard, his partner. They were ready for this battle. At age eighteen, he had been Champion for a while. Leon would win this to continue his reign.

His opponent sent out a Barbaracle. Charizard turned towards Leon and smirked. Saying, “They can try. I have got this.”

Leon Gigantamaxed his partner and ordered for him to use Max Overgrowth. As a rush of excitement flowed through Leon, a light filled his eyes.

He trekked through a forest. Leon had been looking for special mushrooms for soup. But he was now lost. Thought other students had lost their way in the forest and wetlands. Charmander growled and pointed to a cluster of purple mushrooms.

“Thanks, partner.” Leon smiled as he picked up the mushrooms. “Now which way back to the Dojo?” He walked on with Charmander until he stopped at the desert. “It’s not this way.” Leon turned to Charmander who shook his head.

“You have gotten lost again.” Charmander growled as he flicked at a branch. “It will be hard to complete this trial.”

The light returned and Leon found himself standing in front of Charizard. His partner roared in delight. “Now I can carry you to the places you need to go, future Champion.” He flapped his wings and smirked at Leon.

Leon smiled and patted Charizard’s snout. “That will not be any trouble, buddy?”

Charizard snorted and spread out his wings. “You will end up in the wrong place, Leon. So it is not.”

The forest around his faded away. Leon heard a familiar voice asking him if he was okay. “I am.” He tried to reply, but no word came out. Leon should know this voice, but his mind is foggy. The blackness obscured them and Leon tried to push through it.

Leon attempted to lift up his head. But pain shot through his body. He was lying down, but where? Someone’s hand touched his. They are worried, Leon could tell. “Why are they?” He wanted to ask. But still he was unable to speak.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom