• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game Corner

I’d be willing to bet money (heh) that they won’t do this; but I’d love to see some of the older mini games from BW Dream World or XY Amie replace the slots or Voltorb Flip. Have a NPC mention that it used to be a shady place, but they turned it into a fun arcade that everyone can enjoy.

And since the Underground seems to be coming back, maybe make Underground Base decorations some of the prizes.

Also consider the fact that there is at least one mobile Pokemon game out there with gambling microtransaction mechanics (Pokemon Masters).

So literally, in the Pokemon series we can't have fictional gambling, but kids are allowed to spend real money to gamble in Pokemon Masters.

Double standards, I tell ya. It's clear that for whatever reason, having anything resembling gambling causes your game to get slapped with a T/12 rating, yet microtransactions in mobile gaming is a thing yet that doesn't get slammed? Both GO and Masters encourage you to spend real money, and kids have been known to play them. Surely instead of removing Game Corners entirely or made them non-functional, they could have done arcade games, much like others have pointed out.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom