• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Game Freak Removes Creatures Inc. from Major Business Partners on its Website

Read my edit. GameFreak and Creatures can’t split from Nintendo and create a game called Pokémon. They’re legally incapable.
Just because Nintendo is the sole owner of Pokemon doesn't mean they can't be pushed around, parent companies are pushed around all the time by their partners.
Also, I'm starting to see opinions being treated like facts and that's a sign of a weak argument.
I brought up this quote because you assume in that edit of yours as something like a fact when it's really an opinion.

Just because Nintendo is the sole owner of Pokemon doesn't mean they can't be pushed around, parent companies are pushed around all the time by their partners.

Excuse me? You went from arguing that Nintendo doesn’t have enough power to oppose Dexit, and when I said they could refuse to publish the games, you and @Bolt the Cat said that GameFreak and Creatures simply can break and release the games to PS4 and XBox, and I bring up trademarks saying why can’t that possibly happen.

Exactly how do you suppose GameFreak and Creatures work their magic to coerce Nintendo? Because the logic presented earlier simply falls apart when you look at the way trademarks are distributed. GameFreak and Creatures simply can’t release Pokémon on some other platform and call it Pokemon

I brought up this quote because you assume in that edit of yours as something like a fact when it's really an opinion.
The edit I was referring to was the trademark distribution, which is perfectly factual (and in fact copy pasted from the Pokémon website).

I’m literally arguing using facts while it is you who's using faith in Nintendo without knowing the inner workings of TPCi as an argument and what they may or may not consider a quality game, which are subjective things. An opinion.

It literally can’t happen unless the TPCi is broken up. No, GameFreak and Creatures absolutely "can’t take their business elsewhere" so easily.

TPC breaking up is something that could conceivably happen if the companies have a conflict of interest over the direction of the series, and judging by how each of the companies operate, there very well may be a conflict of interest here.

The entire situation doesn’t have such a clear cut solution, since the Dexit currently has no known logical reason anyway since the assets were reusable. And again, Nintendo being forced into a long term Dexit arrangement, the Pokémon Home app while being a third owner and the publisher makes less sense the more I think about it.

Again, the issues go beyond just Dexit, Dexit is just the tip of the iceberg. The larger issue at play here is that the games have far less content, far less polish, and are far less advanced than other console games. To put it simply SwSh needs more... everything. Dexit itself may be a completely insurmountable issue due to the sheer number of Pokemon at play here, but the lack of content, effort, and resources is definitely solvable and one that Nintendo regularly solves with its other IPs.

And... looking at the premise of the thread, how do we know Creatures supported the Dexit? In fact, they’re actually removed from the business partners, which would imply some sort of conflict between the two entities. That was what this thread was set out to, not to selectively direct the TPCi and play a blame game on the basis of which multimillion cooperation one adores and one doesn’t.

We don't know anything for sure about who did what. Again though, we can draw conclusions based on how each of these companies has behaved in the past. Nintendo's other non-Pokemon games are typically AAA console games with a large amount of content and polish. Game Freak and Creatures' games are budget entries typically on cheaper and less advanced hardware. Creatures also makes more money on the merchandising than the actual games, and Game Freak has stated a desire to act like an indie developer with shorter development times and smaller teams. Meanwhile, Nintendo is trying to sell relatively high end gaming hardware that people can play with for hours on end at home or on the go, and they have stated a desire for high quality, polished, fun gaming experiences. Taking all of this into account, the current state of Pokemon is more in line with Game Freak and Creatures' business philosophy than Nintendo's, so it's more likely that Game Freak and Creatures are causing the problems people have with the series than Nintendo.

If you truly believe Nintendo is okay with how SwSh turned out, let me ask you this: why is SwSh the only prominent Nintendo game to have these problems? Where are the other Nintendo games that are this barren and unpolished? You're not really providing any concrete counterexamples of how what Nintendo says and does is actually consistent with how Pokemon has turned out (in fact I would argue that what's happened to Pokemon is completely contrary to what Nintendo says and does), and you've done little to argue that the examples I and @Poke Dragon provided don't prove that Nintendo would not be happy with the current state of SwSh (all you've pointed out is money, which is disproven with the Mario series, and "well they're just different" which is a pretty weak argument). All you're really doing is pointing towards trademarks and saying "well they must have done it", but that doesn't really hold up compared to the massive amount of evidence that points towards the issues being Game Freak and/or Creatures' doing.

TPC breaking up is something that could conceivably happen if the companies have a conflict of interest over the direction of the series, and judging by how each of the companies operate, there very well may be a conflict of interest here.
This entire string of argument is invalid since Nintendo owns the Pokémon trademark and character names alone, like I mentioned in all my past posts. GaneFreak and Creatures can’t do that unless they want to separate and make a Pokemon knockoff.
All you're really doing is pointing towards trademarks and saying "well they must have done it", but that doesn't really hold up compared to the massive amount of evidence that points towards the issues being Game Freak and/or Creatures' doing.
I used trademarks to say that TPCi can’t just oust Nintendo from Pokémon if they disagree with them.

If Nintendo had that strong of an opinion against it, they could refuse to publish the game under their name...
They had no choice but to publish the game as they are the publisher of the group. Just because they are the parent company doesn't mean they can control everything that happens to Pokemon when there are other two companies that also have the same amount as Nintendo.
It literally can’t happen unless the TPCi is broken up. No, GameFreak and Creatures absolutely "can’t take their business elsewhere" so easily.
Which would most likely happen if Nintendo refused to let them release a game every year.
My point is: it literally can’t happen unless GameFreak and Creatures are willing to say goodbye to the Pokémon trademark and it’s character names internationally.

I understand that you’re disappointed by the games, I am too, but no single party can be blamed for the situation, however much you trust Nintendo. I’m just presenting the facts here.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom