• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Game: Tell us what you think about the animal above...

RTLfan

Reaction score
I like the long legs but I prefer the name Sagittarius bird for it.

Glasswing butterfly

Chidamari Sketch

Persecution of the Masses
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Its a distinct and pretty li'l glassy butterfly. I remember using this as a subject for a final project way back in high school, years ago. Also, my best friend used it as a basis for a Beautifly form she created, so there's another reason why its memorable to me.

Prognathodon

RTLfan

Reaction score
Very scary and an abomination of nature...sorry.

Bald eagle

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The turkey would have been a better national bird. Other than that, no opinion.

Aardvark.

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I love a good aardvark! They're interesting animals in general, but a fun fact about them is that they're actually the only animal in the order tubulidentata - there's just one singular aardvark species!

Pied crow?

Orchid

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Pied crows are funny. They look like exactly like regular old American crows, except they're all wearing white tank-top shirts.
Pied%20crows%20are%20extending%20their%20range%20due%20to%20climate%20change_Pic%20credit%20Dick%20Daniels_Wikimedia%20Commons.jpg

One of the bird websites I was looking them up on described them as "handsome".

Common garter snake

Jyo

"Gonna play with the Vee" - Flareon
Reaction score
Pronouns
itz / theyz
kiwi bird looks funny
those flightless bird are amazing and cute

Grizzly Bear

Chidamari Sketch

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Sorry, but bears have never been particularly interesting to me. I guess if there's one thing I've learned today about grizzly bears... apparently, in the state that I reside; grizzly bears are actually extinct. Maybe its a little morbid of a subject to bring up, but I bring up extinct animals in this thread a lot of the time so....

Postosuchus

TheGoldenDuck

Look out! Here comes the Pie Man!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Seemed cool, like an even bigger and more powerful crocodile.

Pangolin

RTLfan

Reaction score
Nasty creatures but they're playful so they make for good bird watching.

Swallow tailed kite

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Raptors! I love a good bird of prey - I've always had a fondness for them, but as of last year I just cannot get these funny birds out of my heart. Swallow tailed kites are such a striking bird and especially graceful in flight. . . Plus they have a really cute call!

Masked palm civet?

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
My favorite animal ever, actually! While I love your more well-known deer (whitetail, roe, fallow, red, etc), I'm also really fond of some of the lesser known! Marsh deer, for example, who look a bit like somebody stretched out a maned wolf and gave it antlers! One of my favorite things about these guys when you start researching traits and common ancestors is a rare phenomenon that occurs in your every day whitetail - fangs! Whitetail deer have a prehistoric ancestor (that they share with your fully fanged cervids such as the Water Deer and Muntjac) who bore upper canine teeth. The actual genetic link to the ancestor's been pretty weakened by time, but whitetails still retain the actual gene for their super cool vestigial canines! . . . Sorry for all that, but it's pretty cool, right !?

p.s. (hi, i love deerling, too! Is it obvious? ^w^ )

Jambu fruit dove ?

Chidamari Sketch

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
I can see where the 'Papillion' comes from, what with the butterfly-like ears and all. Seems affable for a small dog, too.

Desmatosuchus

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
One funky boi. Looks like it would make a great pet, despite the scales and spikes.

Humans

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Generally extremely annoying. Good at destroying ecosystems. Good at making me stare at screens for long periods of time.

Chinchilla

RTLfan

Reaction score
Nice temperaments (better than Guinea pigs) and cute but not quite a 10.

Kangaroo