• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Game: Tell us what you think about the animal above...

RTLfan

Reaction score
I commented about this animal in this thread before and I said it was the most horrible mammal. I stand by that.

Gold dust day gecko

Orchid

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I love all kinds of geckos but those are easily one of my favorites. They have cute faces, colorful patterns, and a cool-sounding name.

Cobalt blue tarantula (Cyriopagopus lividus)

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Just did a brief read about this one and that is definitely one interesting dinosaur! I'd never known about all these tyrannosauroids before and I will definitely be delving into some articles to learn more!

Satin bowerbird?

RTLfan

Reaction score
If a crow and a blackbird had a baby. I don't think it's as appealing as either of those though.

Parasaurolophus

Jyo

"Gonna play with the Vee" - Flareon
Reaction score
Pronouns
itz / theyz
might use close up of a rose this time

RTLfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean so let's just ignore it (I'm the OP btw).

Sea lion

Chidamari Sketch

Persecution of the Masses
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
One distinct memory I have regarding sea lions is of a video from Reddit where a group of fishermen were reeling in a fish... just as a sea lion was trailing after it, arriving out of the shore's seas in pursuit. The poor sea lion, who immediately slowed down upon seeing the group of wackos with the fishing line and the prey it tried to get, then stared around at its surroundings in pitiful confusion. If I were any of those dudes I'd just nab the fish and throw it at the sea lion.

Nuthetes

RTLfan

Reaction score
Nasty and just another raptor but they do have their charm.

Western honey bee

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Love them! Always going to lean towards native pollinators depending on location, but I am not immune to the charms of a honey bee! Being named as one of the first domesticated insects is such a cool accomplishment on their part, but they also communicate by dancing! I forever and ever urge everyone to go read about honey bees for fun because there's just an endless supply of information about them to love!

Cabbage white butterfly?

Chidamari Sketch

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
It's a little cute. I'd say I'm more into butterflies with extravagant patterns, but its neat to have the more simple looking ones.

Nyasasaurus (The earliest/oldest known dinosaur in paleontology, or closest relative to one)

RTLfan

Reaction score
Very 'standard' looking, isn't it? And not big either.

Brown fur seal

Chidamari Sketch

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Their faces look superficially puppy like. That, and those tiny ears make them weirdly endearing.

Mastodonsaurus (...it's actually an amphibian)

RTLfan

Reaction score
A big odd newt thingy. Quite interesting and quite scary.

Vervet monkey

Chidamari Sketch

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
The fact that this animal apparently occasionally commits terroristic actions by destroying their rivals families' food sources out of spite affirms my world-view that animals are no less hedonistic, viceful or 'cruel' than humans despite what some activists believe. Many people really take to condemning us mankind as 'hateful' beings that are supposedly the only animals who commit cruelty to each other and other animals, and that no other animals would think to be oppressive. Yeah, no. Animals are cognizant, even if their rate of sapience doesn't always equate to ours; and many of them are definitely going to be out for blood.

Erythrosuchus

Last edited:

takoyaki

「今、叶わないことのない」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
It looks scary. I would not want to be around it, honestly. Super loooooong

Let's go with the "dinosaur-like-creatures" concept again.

Archaeopteryx

Hawthorn

*eats a berry*
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
First bird, first bird! =D Haven't looked into these guys too much, but I can at least say I love them with all my heart! I mean, take a look at those fossils and then compare to. .. A barn owl skeleton, off the top of my head. It's amazing!

Megaloceros?

Orchid

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know much about extinct animals in general, but man are those things scarily huge. If I was some prehistoric species of wildlife, I would definitely not want to run into one of these guys.

Ferrets

Chevywolf30

Not left handed, but I sure am a southpaw
Reaction score
They're pretty neat, I don't know just a ton about them tho. I think they're related to mongooses (mongeese?) which are cool cuz they eat cobras

On that note, cobra snakes