• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game Titles Officially Announced: Pokemon Black And White Versions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting anything from Pokémon Sunday? It's too pixelated for me to make much out...

Guess we get to wait 'till after commercials. (Hmm...reception gets better if I close and reopen the stream real fast...)

Yay! this thread would have been totally appropriate for today, had the company not already announced this.

Yay! this thread would have been totally appropriate for today, had the company not already announced this.

PokeSun is geared towards kindergarten/elementary school age children who presumably don't spend their time checking gaming news websites and such. Thus why the show's "new information" is rarely ever new.

And yet I enjoyed it, therefore, I'm still a kid inside.

And yet I enjoyed it, therefore, I'm still a kid inside.

Oh, I'm not saying that the show isn't enjoyable! When I was in Japan last month, I made sure to wake up at 7:30 each Sunday morning in order to watch it. (I'm 23 years old.)

I'm just saying that rarely is the "brand-new never before seen information!" shown on PokeSun actually that. :p

Another student in my P.E. class mentioned about new pokemon games: Black and White, but I thought it was an April Fool's joke. It's for real!

I'm just saying that rarely is the "brand-new never before seen information!" shown on PokeSun actually that. :p

Sorry, I was jsut hoping for an HGSS kind of them like they did last time.

Black and White? I expect "Purple" for a future game, prefarably the third version.

Finally some one understands! Purple NEVER gets any attention so it'll be nice if they make a "Pokemon Purple Version"
Purple is my fav color:)

^Actually I called it before if my memory serves well. Third versions don't always follow the pattern set by the original pair (Pikachu, Crystal and Platinum say hi), so the third one might be any color, and personally, I want, hope and even expect it is purple. If we get Purple Version as the third main Gen V game. I'll surely buy it.

Sorry, I was jsut hoping for an HGSS kind of them like they did last time.

That one was memorable. HGSS's anouncement may be my best memory in the last 5 years of the franchise.

^Actually I called it before if my memory serves well. Third versions don't always follow the pattern set by the original pair (Pikachu, Crystal and Platinum say hi), so the third one might be any color, and personally, I want, hope and even expect it is purple. If we get Purple Version as the third main Gen V game. I'll surely buy it.

Pikachu was actually the 4th Version, given the whole Red/Green -> Blue thing. Our first gen releases were just different.

Crystal is a "high class" sort of thing, just like Gold/Silver. Platinum with Diamond/Pearl fits that as well, though given, Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal would have worked a bit better. The way it ended up being set up, however, allowed Platinum to bridge the gap between D/P and HG/SS, so it all works out.

Pikachu was actually the 4th Version, given the whole Red/Green -> Blue thing. Our first gen releases were just different.

Crystal is a "high class" sort of thing, just like Gold/Silver. Platinum with Diamond/Pearl fits that as well, though given, Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal would have worked a bit better. The way it ended up being set up, however, allowed Platinum to bridge the gap between D/P and HG/SS, so it all works out.

1, I know, Pikachu was a rare case of a fourth version, but it was still part of the generation and basically the same game, get my point?

2. Usually, Gold and Silver are grouped with Bronze or Platinum, and are metals. Crystal, while a "high class valuable", is not a metal, and it's not commonly grouped with gold and silver.

3. Diamond and Pearl are gems, Platinum is a metal.

See? They didn't really follow the pattern. And even if they did, if we got Purple or Pink or Brown or Beige Version in Gen V, it'll still follow the pattern of BW as it would still be a basic color.

Pokemon Houndstooth Version.

There is no other choice for the third version.

1, I know, Pikachu was a rare case of a fourth version, but it was still part of the generation and basically the same game, get my point?

Red/Green & Blue do kind of follow some kind of pattern as they're the three primary colours (in additive colour mixing). The Pikachu Version was, I imagine, just a tip of the hat to anime fans; with R/G/B providing a convenient framework to build on. It also started to bridge the gap between the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, even with that limited palette it had.

Besides, with the release of the Sharp Quattron, RGBY kind of goes together better than ever ;-)

I guess there won't be new images from CoroCoro until the next issue, which is the May 15 issue.*sigh*. I WANT to see more Gen V Pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, in the next issue, we'll still be getting more info about the games themselves, along with how to obtain Zoroark. I'll take those over new screenshots anytime.:-D With the screenshots that we have now, we have at least a basic idea of what the grapchics in the overworld and battles look like. Right now, we're lacking in the game's general info concerning the region, plot, other new Pokemon, concept art of the starting protagonists, ect.

Red/Green & Blue do kind of follow some kind of pattern as they're the three primary colours (in additive colour mixing). The Pikachu Version was, I imagine, just a tip of the hat to anime fans; with R/G/B providing a convenient framework to build on. It also started to bridge the gap between the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, even with that limited palette it had.

Besides, with the release of the Sharp Quattron, RGBY kind of goes together better than ever ;-)

Yellow was also to help bridge the gap between Gen I and Gen II, as G/S were taking a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom