• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game Titles Officially Announced: Pokemon Black And White Versions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized something guys. Most games except for Gen I and Platinum have been named after gemstones. Pokemon white could possibly be Pokemon Topaz or Pokemon Quartz(its white)for all we know, because HG/SS's names changed multiple times. Even mw2's name did. Black could be Agate(its black). NOBODY say Black could be Onyx because even though it is one of the blackest colored gemstones it sounds like our rock snake buddy. It may seem far' fetched but it definately is a possibility considering previous titles. (or something like this)

-In Japanese culture, kuro (black) is a symbol of nobility, age, and experience, as opposed to shiro (white), which symbolizes serfdom, youth, and naiveté.-

From wikipedia.

Maybe the Pokemon Black is located in future and Pokemon White in the past (or vice versa) and the 3rd version is in the middle.

Ive said this before we cant go in the past because the technology aspect of the game will be eliminated. We will be looking at a whole new type of Pokemon game. Plus, certain Pokemon will be unobtainable due to technology. I.E Magmortar (Magmarizer) Electivire (Electrizer) The Porygons. Also for God sakes the character discovers Togepi and Charon discovered Rotom. Besides if you want a game so far in the past, "nobility, age, experience" play another RPG. This past theory would be okay but a slight turnoff to me from getting black. Another point is that Game Freak and Nintendo would have to make two completely different games. Now please stop talking about the past. Not just you, but everyone.

I realized something guys. Most games except for Gen I and Platinum have been named after gemstones. Pokemon white could possibly be Pokemon Topaz or Pokemon Quartz(its white)for all we know, because HG/SS's names changed multiple times. Even mw2's name did. Black could be Agate(its black). NOBODY say Black could be Onyx because even though it is one of the blackest colored gemstones it sounds like our rock snake buddy. It may seem far' fetched but it definately is a possibility considering previous titles. (or something like this)

When did HeartGold and SoulSilver's name change? They were always "Pokémon HeartGold Version" and "Pokémon SoulSilver Version". The names won't change unless Jesse Jackson says so.

To be honest, I'd have preferred the games to be called "Pokémon Light" and "Pokémon Dark/Shadow". To be honest though, unless Zoroark is revealed to be a final form starter (meaning there's a missing link between Zorua and it) I doubt it's a box Pokémon.
Light and Shadow? We aren't even sure of the implications that the names hold yet. There could be absolutely nothing to do with light and darkness.

Won't look good at all when the brand-new system comes out 1.5 to 2 months after these games.
To who?

Ive said this before we cant go in the past because the technology aspect of the game will be eliminated. We will be looking at a whole new type of Pokemon game. Plus, certain Pokemon will be unobtainable due to technology. I.E Magmortar (Magmarizer) Electivire (Electrizer) The Porygons. Also for God sakes the character discovers Togepi and Charon discovered Rotom. Besides if you want a game so far in the past, "nobility, age, experience" play another RPG. This past theory would be okay but a slight turnoff to me from getting black. Another point is that Game Freak and Nintendo would have to make two completely different games. Now please stop talking about the past. Not just you, but everyone.

It doesn't need to be in the past. It can be present and future so you can still have technology.

Last edited:
When did HeartGold and SoulSilver's name change? They were always "Pokémon HeartGold Version" and "Pokémon SoulSilver Version". The names won't change unless Jesse Jackson says so.
\
I dont remember their exact names but before it was absolutely official, Nintendo was playing around with box art and titles. As i said i dont remember the titles.

Thought this was an April Fool's joke at first :/ I hope the names start to grow on me, at least. The Wii was the same way - I hated the name for months and now I think it's fine.

but please PLEASE no Grey version that will NEVER be cool

WHITE ISN'T A COLOR :argue:

White, technically, is the color formed when all three primary colors are combined at full intensity. If you're going to argue, argue that black isn't a color, since it's the complete absence of all primary colors.

I dont remember their exact names but before it was absolutely official, Nintendo was playing around with box art and titles. As i said i dont remember the titles.

I don't know what you're thinking about either, because the names revealed to the public were never anything but HeartGold and SoulSilver. They don't reveal the games until they know the titles.

Thought this was an April Fool's joke at first :/ I hope the names start to grow on me, at least. The Wii was the same way - I hated the name for months and now I think it's fine.

but please PLEASE no Grey version that will NEVER be cool

White, technically, is the color formed when all three primary colors are combined at full intensity. If you're going to argue, argue that black isn't a color, since it's the complete absence of all primary colors.

Gray is already a pokemon trademark, It's GUNNA be gray, get over it.

TPC has historically copyrighted a number of things they'll never use in advance just so other people can't make unofficial games using the Pokémon brand. Considering that Gray is such an obvious idea after Black and White, they would have copyrighted it whether they plan on using it or not just to protect their rights over the name.

Plenty of nintendo trademarks haven't been used. It could easily not be grey.
We shouldn't even be concerned about the third version yet!

Really I thought it was White that was the absence of color while black is the combination of colors. Since it makes sense that adding all the colors would be make a dark color like black.

If it is white that is the combination of colors, well that's weird, can't believe I was taught wrong.

I'm surprisingly ok with the new "shade generation". (Props to whoever first posted that).

But I do wanna point out that the games have ALWAYS focused on good vs evil/ light vs dark, etc. Cyrus wanting to destroy the world, anyone?

Anywho, it's not like Nintendo can really color-code the cartridges like they used to. They pretty much HAVE to work with black/white/grey.

thats only assuming that the third one is grey but yea i said shade

Really I thought it was White that was the absence of color while black is the combination of colors. Since it makes sense that adding all the colors would be make a dark color like black.

That's how it works with ink, paint, etc.; light is the opposite.

And it's all a moot point anyway, since black and white are both indisputably colors. Black is caused by the absence of light, not the absence of color, since "color" is simply the perception of the wavelengths (or lack thereof) of light at individual points in our visual field - color and wavelength are two related but separate things. "Black isn't a color" is just one of those little trivia facts that people spout off to try to sound smart, but isn't actually true.

Light type would be redundant. Darks parallel in the games has always been psychic. Darkrai vs Cresselia. Umbreon for night (dark) Espeon for day (psychic). If they create light type then I expect Holy damage.

If it is white that is the combination of colors, well that's weird, can't believe I was taught wrong.

It depends on whether you're talking about additive or subtractive color theory.

You're talking about subtractive. You see, yellow paint, for example, actually absorbs (subtracts) every color of light except yellow, which is reflected back and our eye picks it up. If you have all the colors mixed together in paint, all colors of light are being absorbed and none can reflect back to our eye.

Additive color theory, is where you add the colors of light directly (so the most common example is a computer screen) The three primaries of light, by the way, are red green and blue (OMG Japanese Gen I! :O). Basically, if all the colors of light are peing picked up by your eye, you see white, so mixing red, green, and blue lightwaves together will give you white.

In all technicality, neither white nor black are actually colors, but we treat them as colors anyway. No one is going to say you're wrong either way unless you being tested or are at a very formal and professional job interview where the employer is very picky.

</art student>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom