• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game Titles Officially Announced: Pokemon Black And White Versions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coro Coro leaks!!!! Wow!! more 3D view in games and the battle between Zorroark and Zorua looks awesome xDDD I can't wait for pokemon Sunday information... :Þ

I'll be most definitely getting the Black version, because it's a much better color and I've become fed up of how overused white has become recently, particularly with Nintendo and Apple. White's too plain while black's badass.

Ur right black is better cuz its just cooler.

And if they are releasing it on the ds they might make it available for the 3ds, just on the 3ds it might have better graphics,just like gold and silver ,which were made for the GBC but u could also play it on the Game boy

Coro Coro leaks!!!! Wow!! more 3D view in games and the battle between Zorroark and Zorua looks awesome xDDD I can't wait for pokemon Sunday information... :Þ

I'm still a bit dissapointed that we're still left with no battle animations. At least now we can see our Pokémon's full body and a better background during battles.

I knew about this Friday morning at around 7. The second I saw it, I almost crapped myself. haha. I wonder what kind of Pokémon starters will be used. I hope they go back to the original Bulbasaur Charmander and Squirtle. u know?
EDIT://
Does anyone have any idea WHEN the games are supposed to come out? and has anyone heard about the new region?

Last edited:
I knew about this Friday morning at around 7. The second I saw it, I almost crapped myself. haha. I wonder what kind of Pokémon starters will be used. I hope they go back to the original Bulbasaur Charmander and Squirtle. u know?

To quote a little utilized friend of mine:

Brock: That's progress. /sarcasm.

Seriously? Hmm... pretty basic... but I like it!

Sadly, that DS logo seems to cement the fact these games will be regular DS titles. Very dissapointing; I'm not expecting much of a graphical update from Hg/Ss.

:( was looking forward to something 3DS-like as well… idk maybe it'll have backwards compatibility etc? :(? or its going to be like R/S/E + FR & LG all in the same gen :S

kindof unique… having 2 new regions and generations in the same console :blush:

edit: I hope theres some sort of pokéwalker love that'll happen on this game *rage* T_T

kindof unique… having 2 new regions and generations in the same console :blush:

It's been said ad nauseam that it's not the first time that it happens: Gens I and II were on the same console (the original Game Boy) and they even shared the same graphics, whereas now we've got at least slightly improved graphics. So no, it's not "unique".

So I guess it's Monochrome Generation now, just saw it on Bulbapedia.

someone tried to edit it they removed it already i still say shade makes more sense

monochrome wouldn't make sense since monochrome is only black and absence of graphics

It's been said ad nauseam that it's not the first time that it happens: Gens I and II were on the same console (the original Game Boy) and they even shared the same graphics, whereas now we've got at least slightly improved graphics. So no, it's not "unique".

gen 2 had massively different graphics and was made for gameboy color

Which was a colored Game Boy with a faster clock and nothing more, and it was still marketed by Nintendo as a Original Game Boy iteration instead of a brand new handheld, similar to the DSi in comparison with the original DS. Not to mention that except Crystal, it was completely playable in the monochrome version of the handheld, just like while BW may be DSi enhanced, they will still be playable in the original DS. See, it's EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION.

Massively different, you say? Then tell me why in GSC, Red and Blue (and Exeggutor in Gold... Oh, and all Kanto buildings, trees and signposts) had the same sprites they had in Gen I. I see bigger differences between these new screnshots and HGSS than beteween GSC and RBY.

Though Gold and Silver were still playable on 1989 Game Boys... but yes, they did look like completely different games when played on a Game Boy Color. Crystal was the only GBC-exclusive Gen II title.

Although we'll have to see a bit more to judge Gen V fully, it doesn't look like as much of a difference as there was between Gen I and II using a GBC. The color alone added quite a bit to Gen II, despite using a lot of the same graphical style of Gen I. Gen I wasn't capable of color; period. Gen IV, on the other hand, was capable of a similar type of 3-D perspective displayed on those Gen V screenshots.

Gen V seems, for the most part, to use Hg/Ss's graphical style; just slightly tweaked here and there, in addition to adding more 3D-esque camera angles in (probably all?) locations. Hg/Ss used the same thing on the roof of Celadon Mansion, and at Olivine Lighthouse.

WTF?!

I'm gone for a few days, and I miss this? Damn it.

Anyways, I like the fact that they're going to be returning to colors. Now I won't feel like I'm discussing jewelery every time I talk Pokemon with my friends.

Yes Keyhole TV ;)

What channel on keyhole TV? TV Tokyo, I assume?

EDIT: I won't be downloading it. Although it was created by the Japanese government, the fact that it says it has an unknown publisher, and the fact that the type of file could be dangerous (according to my browser/ security software) makes me insecure. I will be waiting eagerly for the info to be posted, however. Only 30 minutes!

Last edited:
Yeah, TVTokyo, it's underneath QuickSand1. Anyone know what time Sunday starts?

EDIT: I won't be downloading it. Although it was created by the Japanese government, the fact that it says it has an unknown publisher, and the fact that the type of file could be dangerous (according to my browser/ security software) makes me insecure. I will be waiting eagerly for the info to be posted, however. Only 30 minutes!

Tons of programs have an "unknown publisher" and pretty much every type of file you can download from the internet can harm your computer (with some notable exceptions, of course).

This meaning, Keyhole TV is fine. I have it running, it's working pretty well. It's pixelated some, but it's coming from Japan-of course it will look grainy.

Dude, a bunch of us have downloaded it with no problems. It only says "unknown publisher" because it's unknown to your computer, not because it's shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom