• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game UK Pokemon Event

snowyday

I like Pokemon
Reaction score
I have got some good news and some bad news for some people here is the info

So you want to be a Pokemon Master?

In the two weeks running up to the launch of Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver, GAME will be hosting events in selected stores.

You'll be the first to play Heart Gold & Soul Silver, meet other Pokémon fans to trade, collect and battle to determine who is the best trainer. And if that weren't enough there'll be face painting and balloon modelling in selected stores and a Pokémon expert to give you hints and tips - who knows he may accept a challenge or two!

Best is yet to come! You'll have the chance to download the Mighty Arceus to your copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl & Pokémon Platinum! Don't forget to bring your DS lite, DSi or DSi XL with you.

Updete they have chaged the info

So you want to be a Pokemon Master?

In the two weeks running up to the launch of Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver, GAME will be hosting events in selected stores.

You'll be the first to play Heart Gold & Soul Silver, meet other Pokémon fans to trade, collect and battle to determine who is the best trainer. And if that weren't enough there'll be face painting and balloon modelling in selected stores and a Pokémon expert to give you hints and tips - who knows he may accept a challenge or two!

Participating Stores
Saturday 13th March

Glasgow Fort - 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY
Castle Court, Belfast - Unit 55, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Belfast Ireland, BT1 1DD
The Fort, Manchester - Unit 18, Manchester Fort, Shopping Centre, Manchester, Lancashire, M8 8EP
Nuneaton - 7-9 Queens Road, Nuneaaton, Warickshire, CV11 5JL
Swansea - Unit 2, The Pod, Morfa Retail Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA1 7DF
Oxford St, London - 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL
Brighton - 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB

Sunday 14th March

Dundee - ...
Craigavon - Unit 16, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon, BT64 1AA
Meadowhall, Sheffield - Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1EN
Bedford - 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL
Cardiff - 92 Queen Street, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF10 2GR
Norwich - 2-10 Back of the Inns, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1PT
Portsmouth - 226 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1HG

Saturday 20th March

Gateshead - 17 Red Pathway, Metro Centre, Gateshead, NE11 9HX
Preston - Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ
Selfridges, Birmingham - 2nd Floor, Upper Mall East, Bullring, Birmingham, B5 4BP
Aylesbury - Units 36-37, Friars Sq. Shopping Centre, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 2SP
Cabot Circus, Bristol - SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH
Kingston - 64-66 Clearence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1NP
Plymouth - 81-83 New George Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1RB

Sunday 21st March

Newcastle - 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP
Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
Wolverhampton - 55 Dudley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WW1 3EY
Harrow - 68-70 St Anns Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1JX
Hanley - 214-215 The Potteries, Hanley, Staffordshire, ST1 1PS
Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ
Monks Cross, Callington - Unit B, Monks Cross Retail Park, Huntington, York, YO32 9GX

And If you pre order at game you will get

Preorder Heart Gold or Soul Silver and you will receive a figurine of either Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version takes you back to the beloved Johto region which has not been available in a Pokémon game since Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version were launched in 2001. This is also the very first time that you can visit this region on your Nintendo DS / Nintendo DSi, which introduces several new enhancements that enrich these timeless adventures.

pokemon_image.jpg

Preorder Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver today to receive this great gift!

T&Cs: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have already preordered this product will also receive the bonus item. Figurines are allocated on a first come first served basis and we will not be able to allow a choice of which figurine you will receive with your order. Your figurine will be despatched with your order of Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver.

Sources

http://www.game.co.uk/Pokemon-Heart-...get/~cA_13169/

http://www.game.co.uk/Pokemon-Store-Event/~cA_13167/

http://www.game.co.uk/Pokemon-Store-Event/~cA_13167

Last edited:
Ooh, thanks for sharing this information. :D
Closest shop to me participating is Glasgow on the 13th, hmm.

oh, Northern Ireland gets screwed then? Seems rest of UK gets more events than here even if it ins't a lot of events. In fact, I don't recall the last time there was an event here or where it was.

why cant this be at Stockport looks like I cant go to any doh.

*Terms and Conditions: To receive your download code for Alpha Pokémon Arceus for your Pokédex you MUST bring a copy of your email order confirmation into store on the sampling day. Without this we are unable to provide a code. No codes will be provided by email. One code per person. Any codes lost or misplaced will not be replaced.

Last edited:
oh, Northern Ireland gets screwed then? Seems rest of UK gets more events than here even if it ins't a lot of events. In fact, I don't recall the last time there was an event here or where it was.

Castle Court, Belfast - Unit 55, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Belfast Ireland, BT1 1DD
Craigavon - Unit 16, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon, BT64 1AA

*Terms and Conditions: To receive your download code for Alpha Pokémon Arceus for your Pokédex just bring along a copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl or Pokémon Platinum and a DS console. Without this we are unable to provide a code. No codes will be provided by email. One code per person. Any codes lost or misplaced will not be replaced. The figurine will be available to anyone who purchases a Pokémon product on the day (including pre-orders of HG & SS).

Last year I could have gone to Manchester (Arndale), Manchester (Selfridges), Ashton and possible Manchester (The Fort) - however, this year I only have the fort as an option and I don't know where the hell The Fort is XD I think I'll pass, although I've never been into Pokemon events

]
Sunday 21st March

Newcastle - 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP
Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
Wolverhampton - 55 Dudley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WW1 3EY
Harrow - 68-70 St Anns Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1JX
Hanley - 214-215 The Potteries, Hanley, Staffordshire, ST1 1PS
Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ
Monks Cross, Callington - Unit B, Monks Cross Retail Park, Huntington, York, YO32 9GX
Yes, Liverpool, I can go! =D

I went to the Regigigas event. And, with my luck, on the day I went there was a problem with the marquee and they couldn't give out the special event cards or anything, I still got the Regigigas but I was disappointed there wasn't anyone in a Mudkip costume.

Shaymin event - 2 of them, I was at both.

We're getting two again.
I think learnztoreadzn00b is appropraite here.

Will definately be at the Belfast one, Maybe the Craigavon one too. ^^

So, Birmingham or Bristol, I guess... Half an hour to an hour's drive away?

Wow. Four days (and only one day at each store)? When the other European countries get the event for a full month?

...That's terrible. :I

I like how people are giving out about having to take an hour trip, that the UK events are short and that NI barely gets anything.
Firstly because I never had a problem with travelling two hours to get shaymin, the only event in Ireland, EVER. Secondly, because if game doesn't host anything in Ireland, which they arn't, I can't get an arceus. Ever, I imagine. (I supposed I could travel 87 miles to belfast.. with the no money I have and a lack of anyone who would travel with me for this)

Just got back from the Portsmouth event. It was pretty packed and I met a couple of people I knew back when Gold and Silver where new.
It was just a normal event, walk in (or linger outside) and download Arceus. All the terms and conditions were regarding the figurines and nothing else.
Feeling psyched up for HGSS now. ^_^

No worse this year for me
Neartest for me is in Brighton or Oxford Street

:3 Closest to myself is Preston, just a 5 min train trip away :D
21st!
Can't wait!

I went to the Portsmouth one today. I hate Portsmouth, but it's the closest one to where I live, in Southampton.

Just got back from the Portsmouth event. It was pretty packed and I met a couple of people I knew back when Gold and Silver where new.
It was just a normal event, walk in (or linger outside) and download Arceus. All the terms and conditions were regarding the figurines and nothing else.
Feeling psyched up for HGSS now. ^_^

Awesome, thanks for that, I was worried I might have to reserve my Soul Silver at the Wolverhampton store. Can't wait till next Sunday now!

Tullio

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom