• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gamers embark on seven-day Pokémon marathon for Child's Play: Gotta catch 'em all

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Gamers embark on seven-day Pokémon marathon for Child's Play: Gotta catch 'em all

A team from Respawn Point aim to catch all 649 Pokémon in a seven day marathon, while raising money for the Child's Play charity. The event will be streamed live, 24 hours a day, from 1 - 8 August.

Read more on Bulbanews

I like how they're raising money for kids, but I never understood how things like this raise money. Anyone know how?

All 649? How do they intend to get ahold of Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?

I like how they're raising money for kids, but I never understood how things like this raise money. Anyone know how?

Presumable people would sponsor them.

Last edited:
As it says in the article, watchers are invited to donate, and those donating more than $5 will be eligible for prizes.

All 649? How do they intend to get ahold of Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?
I believe they're using AR for those three, since they're unobtainable any other way.

That'll be pretty hard without people trading you the ones you are missing, especially if they're going for the National Dex. That's part of the reason why my Dex is almost full. But, I'm pretty sure they can get it done.

In these marathons they are normally allowed to use Action Replay or glitches for event pokémon or have them preloaded and they normally have both versions of each pair needed such as Diamond and Pearl and for generation IV marathons they use Colosseum and its bonus discs, My Pokémon Ranch, the Ranger games and they would have at least 2 Game Boy Advances, a Game Boy Advance link cable, a Gamecube, a Gamecube to Game Boy Advance link cable and 2 DSs. I think that this one will also use those games and items. Here are some of the other charity marathons and how the groups did them Speed Gamers catching Pokémon for charity today, The Speed Gamers capture 493 Pokémon, British gamers aim to catch 151 Pokémon for charity and TheSpeedGamers hit target.

Last edited:
They'll be using Gen III and IV games (they're currently on Emerald). I think they also mentioned they'll be playing some Gen I and II, just for fun.

Yeah I've been watching some of this and don't really get it. Are they only 62 pokemon deep 2 days in, because that doesn't seem too great, or is it that that's just in this Emerald game that's currently being played? I have yet to see them actually catch any pokemon in this playthrough, but I have only been watching it sporadically.

I think they only need a few Pokémon from Emerald, but it's necesarry to clear the game to get them. Right now, the priority is on unlocking the National Dex in various games - they cleared Black last night, for example.

The caught Pokémon count will probably tick up quite quickly once they're more focused on catching Pokémon rather than laying the groundwork, as they are right now.

Yeah I've been watching some of this and don't really get it. Are they only 62 pokemon deep 2 days in, because that doesn't seem too great, or is it that that's just in this Emerald game that's currently being played? I have yet to see them actually catch any pokemon in this playthrough, but I have only been watching it sporadically.

Thankyou for watching, we have only so little caught at this point as we had to complete black first, and only need the starers and a few others from emereald. now that we have the national dex unlocked we are trying to speed through it in the background, we also had a minor gliche with are spreedsheet we are useing to keep trak of the pokemon. We also thougt it would be a good idea to have emerald on screen for now as it is direct feed to is alot easier to watch, you will start to see the catch rate start to rise shortly ^^

I think they only need a few Pokémon from Emerald, but it's necesarry to clear the game to get them. Right now, the priority is on unlocking the National Dex in various games - they cleared Black last night, for example.

The caught Pokémon count will probably tick up quite quickly once they're more focused on catching Pokémon rather than laying the groundwork, as they are right now.

Exsactley ^^ and yes we have used AR for now on the few event pokemon that have not even happened yet and are trying not to use it for any event ones that have happned, and so far we have been lucky with donations of past event pokemon from people which has been a major help

Right now, the guys are playing through Soul Silver. 164 Pokémon are now caught on the DS games, with others on the Gen III games ready to be transferred.

From Zack, one of Respawn Point:
We'd like to think everyone so far, especially including the people in the chat... People have been spreading the word, which is really helpful. You guys are absolutely amazing.

They've raised $820 so far, and are most of the way through day 3. Donations of $5 or more will make you eligible for a number of prizes being given away, which will include the eventual Pokémon Black cartridge containing all 649 Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom