• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Games sold early?

I thought Maryland was really liberal? Isn't it one of the most left leaning states? Plus its shaped funny, might be why they're so liberal.

The citizens? Yes

The government? Not a chance.

LOL@ Maryland being shaped funny.

EDIT: Just noticed Ryuu said not to talk about it, oops.

EDIT: It does seem like Maryland is more on the liberal side. I guess breaking rules =/= liberalism. Didn't do research, lol.

Last edited:
For those of us in the US, Target has their shipment. My Target put it out on the floor. I tried to buy white but it rang up as "DO NOT SELL" so he couldn't sell it to me, which sucks but I kind of expected it to not work. The bad thing is once he realized it shouldn't be out for sale yet, he ran and took them all out of the display case and put them behind the counter. So I probably just ruined any chance for anyone else who goes to that Target to complain their way into buying it, not that that would have worked anyway. I'm pretty sure if my Target has it as DO NOT SELL in the computer, then all the Targets do. But you never know, you may get lucky.

I went to my local target. They had already sold their entire shipment. Talk about bullshit.

I need some help guys, well more like your opinion.. should I pre-order my game from gamestop today or just wait until sunday to buy it in-store? I guess what I'm saying is if you think my game will get here before sunday if I pre-order it tonight?

yeah hope that makes sense :)

guess I must've missed it by a day then. cus last night the pre-order option was still available.

I went to my local target. They had already sold their entire shipment. Talk about bullshit.
Wow Seriously. I guess it depends on the store/employee/manger. I'm just gonna wait though. I paid both games off back in February so I mind as well just wait it out. Gotta study today anyway...lousy midterms.

I need some help guys, well more like your opinion.. should I pre-order my game from gamestop today or just wait until sunday to buy it in-store? I guess what I'm saying is if you think my game will get here before sunday if I pre-order it tonight?

yeah hope that makes sense :)

I'd just go to Best Buy or a similar store like that as soon as they open on Sunday. You should be able to get it then. I think the cut off date to preorder was last week. Although you could probably preorder it online and get next day shipping and get it Tuesday/Monday. Oh and don't try to buy it from Gamestop on sunday if you didn't preorder. I doubt you'd get it. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Sears, anything like that is fine though.

Here in Mexico, the game it's being sold early at some stores, like Wal-Mart and GameRush.

If so many places are breaking the street date anyhow they should just let the stores sell it (yeah i know not realistic but hey)...

I mean its kinda cool reading about people who already have it and i guess i did play a JP version so its not totally totally new but i still feel kinda cheated :/

Yeah, I must admit I feel kinda miffed that stores are selling it early. It's not right, imo. =/ But oh well. Hopefully they'll see repercussions? Ahahaha >___>

Oh and don't try to buy it from Gamestop on sunday if you didn't preorder. I doubt you'd get it. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Sears, anything like that is fine though.

This.

If you try to get games from gamestop without pre-ordering you're going to be hard pressed. They're such dicks about pre-ordering that they practically refuse to get you a copy on release day if you didn't do so.

They make it seem like it is your fault for not pre-ordering. I only pre-ordered from GS because of the 9 am opening.

I can see where that may screw over people who didn't go to Target because they preordered and were waiting until the 6th. Unless Target has a way of contacting the people who preordered.

What about the fact that Target's system stops game from being sold before the street date? I'm assuming there's a way around it. Manager's approval, perhaps?

Gah! My amazon has JUST changed to 'Dispatching Soon' but the problem is, it's 4pm and due tomorrow. Can first class really get to me by tomorrow morning? It hasn't even dispatched yet. Screw wanting to get it sent in by tomorrow. :(

Yeah, that's what I thought. But I think me paying a little extra for first class, they should have dispatched it earlier than the night before, considering it says 1-2 working days. Do they dispatch at night/evening? They never even gave me a dispatch estimate at all. That would have been appreciated.
I should have just gone round to game or something. :/

This.

If you try to get games from gamestop without pre-ordering you're going to be hard pressed. They're such dicks about pre-ordering that they practically refuse to get you a copy on release day if you didn't do so.

They make it seem like it is your fault for not pre-ordering. I only pre-ordered from GS because of the 9 am opening.

Protip: If you want a copy, go to a place few people go to, like Sears. No one gets games from sears, so they always have new releases. Or look at Best Buy or Target, as where I live, they had over 9000 copies of HGSS on release date.

Sears also isn't a big gaming related store, so they don't do Pre Ordering of anything. So unlike GayStop, they won't pull a "Sold Out" excuse out of their ass even though there are like 50000 copies right behind them that they are waiting to sell the day after release date. I know this as I managed to get a Kinect at GameStop a few days after release, while everywhere else was sold out.

I got an early copy at another BJ's. I had it for about 2 hours, but I had to do some things for my mom and go running. I'm so excited!

I'll take pictures after I get out the shower. I promise!

Hmmm.. I really wonder why they never gave me a dispatch estimate. I live in London so it's not like it'll take TOO long. I guess I'm impatient - but I'm so excited!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom