• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Games you want to see remade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older SMT games like Digital Devil Saga would be kinda cool. I don't know that I would want a full remake so much as a really nice up res though...

Can we have a re-telling of the two NES Zelda games? Basically to elaborate more on the story like the recent main Zelda games have done, and at least with Zelda NES-1, even give Zelda an actual role (also as with more recent main titles) as opposed to just being a damsel in distress awaiting rescue? And have Aonuma direct the remake instead of Miyamoto did - times have moved on, and the series, I think, are better of with Aonuma.

Last edited:
I'm the extreme minority here, but give me a remake of Game Freak's Pulseman.

Not a re-release, not a remaster, but a remake. Pulseman looks like a wicked cool game, but I literally cannot play it because of the graphics. There are far too many flashing effects (one level even had a pixelated nuclear-rainbow sky) which, combined with all the stuff flying around, makes it incredibly painful on the eyes. I literally cannot watch footage of the game for five minutes before my eyes start to hurt. I wouldn't be able to play it without the risk of seizures.

Which is truly a shame since it otherwise looks like a really good game and worth playing. Basically, give me a remake with toned down graphics that are a lot easier on the eyes.

But I realize that'll never happen. As great as Pokemon is, it's a shame that it takes up all of Game Freak's time and resources.

As said before Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with Platinum content.

Megaman Battle Network
Odd how only 5 was remade.

If this makes you feel any better, Harmoknight and Pocket Jockey happened.
Yes I'm aware of those. Drill Dozer too at one point. But the fact remains that Pokemon far greatly outweighs the rest of their game library, and its frequent installments take up the most time and resources. It's their main focus and always has been.

Plus Ken Sugimori expressed more interest in a sequel than a remake (which I wouldn't entirely be opposed to), but I believe he was speaking of it more as a little thing and not actually seriously considering it.

Tales of Phantasia: The only version of this game that's available in English, other than the fan translation, is the subpar GBA port. I pushed myself to play the whole game to the end, but the experience wasn't as fun as I felt it could have been. The 2D engine - or maybe it's just the hardware of the game itself - makes the combat rather clunky and less fluid than the 3D installments, so a total conversion to a modern Tales 3D engine would make it much more fun to play. The remake could make enemies visible on-screen instead of random, make combat a lot more fluid, and with no long pauses just before a mage casts an offensive spell or summon, and perhaps also add the party-chat skits that the modern Tales titles are known for using. I feel like this might have been my favorite Tales of game (though I've only played a few), but the dated gameplay compared to the rest of the series from Symphonia onwards makes me never want to play it again. I don't even own it anymore.

Fallout 1 & 2: For those of you not aware, the old Fallouts are different from the modern, 3D installments from Bethesda Game Studios - they had an isometric, rather than first-person perspective, view and turn-based combat instead of real-time. But the reason I think these classics could benefit from remakes is not because they're different, but because of some UI issues (for me, anyway) and the poor graphics that can make certain objects hard to tell what's what, not helped by the mostly brown and gray textures everywhere. And while I do enjoy the combat just fine, the fact that I don't have any direct control over my followers means that when there are quite a few enemies in battle, I spend more time waiting for my turn than I do making any moves. I never played FO2, because of all the times I've tried and failed to bring myself to beat the original, but proper remakes could change all that.

Unfortunately, I don't think this seems likely, since Bethesda doesn't seem to care about anything in the Fallout series that isn't what they made. For that matter, who knows if Namco is willing to do anything more than re-master some of their own older titles. :unsure:

Last edited:
I liked the dual screen combat, but I realize I'm a minority in that sense.
Really? We're the minority here? But the dual screen gameplay was so much fun.
It's an amazing game and I feel it could use the love x3
Give Me All Your Love
Give Me All Your Love
Don't give it to someone else

I think a remake of Sailor Moon: Another Story would be cool. I played a ROM of it and it was really fun. Since it only covered the first three seasons, maybe they could add characters from SuperS and Stars. It would be even more awesome if it was available internationally since none of the Sailor Moon games were available outside of Japan.

I would also love to see a remake or remaster of the original Spyro trilogy. Crash Bandicoot got a remake this year, so why not Spyro too?

The first Drakengard is a prime candidate for a remake. It's a PS2 and it's very ambitious in the story department, but from what I understand the game-play is very dull and repetitive (I haven't played it, so I don't know, and I don't know if the story is actually well-done, but it certainly is ambitious). A remake could make the game fun and give attention to a series that deserves it.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (and More). They're great games as they are, but I feel there could be more added to them, kinda like how the current Story of Seasons games are now.

Harvest Moon SNES. Definitely. It's so barren and primitive compared to the newer games. I feel adding to it and developing the characters a LOT more would really benefit this game. This one is definitely in dire need of a remake.

Tales of Phantasia: The only version of this game that's available in English, other than the fan translation, is the subpar GBA port. I pushed myself to play the whole game to the end, but the experience wasn't as fun as I felt it could have been. The 2D engine - or maybe it's just the hardware of the game itself - makes the combat rather clunky and less fluid than the 3D installments, so a total conversion to a modern Tales 3D engine would make it much more fun to play. The remake could make enemies visible on-screen instead of random, make combat a lot more fluid, and with no long pauses just before a mage casts an offensive spell or summon, and perhaps also add the party-chat skits that the modern Tales titles are known for using. I feel like this might have been my favorite Tales of game (though I've only played a few), but the dated gameplay compared to the rest of the series from Symphonia onwards makes me never want to play it again. I don't even own it anymore.

YES! Absolutely! Seriously, I don't know why Bamco keeps butchering this game for the US. The GBA version's voice acting is crap, and they keep cutting stuff out whenever they want to bring it to the US. I'm less concerned about a remake and want Phantasia to come here uncut and unaltered and, y'know, ACTUALLY PLAYABLE!

Harvest Moon 64 (Namely, make time move more slowly)
My sister would never leave my apartment. Seriously, back around 2000 when "Harvest Moon 64" came out, I would find her in my bedroom after school, playing it. She'd gotten nearly everything in it, even married Karen!

I would love to see a remake of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, each in glorious 3D graphics, and add the 3rd Version that was supposedly postponed from the storyline. I could just imagine all the awesome things they could do here!

I'd love to see PoP:Warrior within remade in high graphics. I wonder how will Dahaka look in high graphics.... Creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom