• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Games you want to see remade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind getting a remaster of Super Mario Sunshine on Switch.

And while it wouldn't really be a remake, I would love to see a true sequel (even just an eShop title) to Super Mario World in the same style/engine.

I also like several other suggestions here, such as remaking Zelda I and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which I've wanted for a long time. The Switch would be the perfect console for it too.

Diamond/Pearl remakes with Platinum's content is also a must-have.

I also like several other suggestions here, such as remaking Zelda I and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which I've wanted for a long time. The Switch would be the perfect console for it too.
Diamond/Pearl remakes with Platinum's content is also a must-have.

You know, it'll be really ironic if the Decline Timeline had a happy ending barring Ganon from invading Hyrule once and for all, considering Zelda 2 is the last in that in-universe timeline, and that, unless Link dies, Ganon stays dead in that game...

Kirby Air Ride (GameCube), I love that game. A sequel would be awesome, or a new version with some extra courses and a few new features.

Also, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I played it in the eShop and loved it, despite some uncomfortable controls and slow movements. A modernised version with remixed music, more comfortable controls and faster movement would be amazing.

I'd love to see DP remakes, provided Game Freak doesn't oversimplify them too much and keeps the content high.

Sunshine would be great to see again and there's definitely more they could add. New levels and an overhaul of the progression system (who's bright idea was it to force you to complete every Episode 7 to beat the game?).

I could see several other Metroid games having content added, particularly newer abilities and some improvements to the map design (especially late game areas, most of the late game Metroid areas like Maridia or Phazon Mines tend to be horribly linear and have little to do). In particular, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime 2 could use this sort of treatment.

I'd also say Kirby 64 would be good because they could throw in newer abilities like Leaf or Water, but the new Kirby Switch game already seems to be doing that, so that lessens my interest in a 64 remake.

How?

I played through all of Ocarina of Time 3D and the game played exactly the same as Ocarina of Time original, physics/animations etc. It all felt identical. The graphics are done to look almost exactly like the original N64 version with added Twilight Princess-like textures and little details with the exception of some improved models, like Links. Even some of the remade character models looked really blocky. Oh, and they didn't even remake the OST.

I've been so spoiled by Pokemon remakes. I thought remakes were really supposed to reimagine and reinvigorate a game. I was so disappointed to see they didn't do anything with OOT. It was so sad.

Yeah, I don't really like those kinds of remakes either. Especially in this day and age where VC exists and if you just want a low effort re-release you can just put the original up for download. If you're going through the trouble of remaking a game, you should at least try to add or fix something, it's more exciting to see older games approached with modern sensibilities instead of being a glorified copy/paste job.

Sadly, the only remakes I've seen that really do that are Pokemon's and Metroid's. Most of the rest are 99% the same as the original.

Last edited:
If we ever get a remake of the original Spyro trilogy, maybe we could also remake the fourth game (Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly) and this time do it properly instead of Christmas rushing it. That way we'll get all 25 levels that the original promised instead of the lousy 9 levels that we got.

Since they remade the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy, I wouldn't mind a remake of Crash Team Racing as well. Maybe it could add more unlockable characters (maybe include ones who weren't in the original) and more racetracks.

@zakisrage I once half-watched a video that suggested that if they remade Crash Twinsanity, they could add so much cut stuff that it might as well be a new game. That's what I want to see with Enter the Dragonfly.

If we ever get a remake of the original Spyro trilogy, maybe we could also remake the fourth game (Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly) and this time do it properly instead of Christmas rushing it. That way we'll get all 25 levels that the original promised instead of the lousy 9 levels that we got.

Since they remade the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy, I wouldn't mind a remake of Crash Team Racing as well. Maybe it could add more unlockable characters (maybe include ones who weren't in the original) and more racetracks.
or do the fifth game, as enter the dragonfly kind of tried to hard to emulate the ps1 games, same as crash cortex strikes back, the ones after (a hero's tail and twinsanity) were much better games.
that being said, crash bash/team racing would be an awesome remake

also they should remake ratchet and clank going commando in the same way they did R&C 1 for the movie tie in.

as for games I'd like to see an HD trilogy of, the tony hawk underground games and american wasteland, but considering THPS5 flopped hard and the contract with tony ended that same year........... yeah

a spongebob battle for bikini bottom/movie game port to ps4 would also be good.

A remake of F-Zero AX/GX with a possible DLC showing the transition from the main generation to Maximum Velocity would be nice. How did Captain Falcon or Doctor Stewart piloted their way to fame? And how did Captain Falcon handed his machine and skills to his son?

On the opposite note, I disagree with Sunshine. At the very least that stupid storyline (involving the stupid Pintos with their blind eyes) which makes Team Rocket's disguises look like Lupin the 1st/3rd's should be revamped, and actually have Luigi/Wario/Waluigi as an actual villain and expand their characteristics. They could have done that instead, and at least shaken up the story a bit. (There's a reason why it wasn't the best seller seen as Galaxy or 64, and this also marked the beginning of the end of me being a fan of that series.)

I would like the 90s point and click computer games I used to play as a kid remastered like Day of the Tentacle. Especially Sam & Max hit the road, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis and Discworld.

I would like the 90s point and click computer games I used to play as a kid remastered like Day of the Tentacle. Especially Sam & Max hit the road, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis and Discworld.
Fate of atlantis is embedded on the staff of kings as an unlockable
Also day of the tentacle remastered was free for twitch prime a couple months back, and came out in 2015 iirc

There isn't a lot of game remakes I want to see right now honestly, the only three I want so far are:

Pokemon DPPt (gen IV is my fav)
FE Genealogy of the Holy War
FFVIII (since VII is being remade I want to see an VIII remake too since it's my second fav FF game)

*Insert overly-nostalgic comment about Spyro trilogy remakes here*

Also, since the first two Etrian Odyssey games have got an Untold remake, I'm kinda hoping that the third one'll get one as well. Just saying.

Fate of atlantis is embedded on the staff of kings as an unlockable
Also day of the tentacle remastered was free for twitch prime a couple months back, and came out in 2015 iirc

I take your point. Tbh I was talking mostly about the discworld games, which are criminally unknown and I think more people should know about them. The third one in particular could do with a graphical overhaul to actually do justice to its film noir aesthetic.

Remakes of the first 3 Ace Attorney games, with updated graphics, cutscenes and voice-acting.

Remake of the first Trauma Center game (I know Second Opinion was technically a remake, but I want it to be remade again... If only so other people wouldn't forget about the franchise!)

Remakes of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. (Yeah I know we already had FireRed and LeafGreen but I want to experience Kanto in glorious high-def 3D graphics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom