• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Games you've beaten in 2021.

Well, as of recent I finally beat the main "story" (or obtained the title of "Master of Training", whichever you prefer) of Monster Rancher 2 for the PSX. With my first monster this time no less (though I still haven't unlocked all the monster breeds yet).

Before that I beat MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar for the GBA after resetting my original file.

And then there's Trails of Mana for the PS4 with my favorite trio: Kevin, Angela, and Riesz.

And finally I beat Shantae and the Seven Sirens for the PS4 about a week or so ago.

For games that I'm not replaying:
Samurai Warriors 5
Sweet Pool; finally got the Grand ending (though you don't really "beat" these kind of games, more like just read each route)

For ones I've finished replaying:
Fire Emblem Three Houses; Azure Moon route; Maddening mode (already the seventh time I've replayed this specific route)
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Togainu no Chi; all routes and all additional character endings
Warriors Orochi 4 (just finished this one last night)
Enchanted in the Moonlight -Kiryu, Chikage, & Yukinojo- version; all routes and additional story DLC
Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition; both games
Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: (I took a break from the game late last year and didn't come back to it until earlier this year) This was not my introduction to the game, but getting to play through it remastered with an epilogue was a wonderful experience that I never thought I'd have. I love Xenoblade Chronicles with all my heart, it's very near and dear to me, so this was one of my gaming highlights this year :)

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury: Another game that's not technically new to me since I originally played it on the Wii U, but it's one of my favorite Wii U titles and I had a blast playing through it again. Bowser's Fury was fun, too.

Paper Mario: The Origami King: Goodness gracious what an utterly delightful experience this was. I never thought another Paper Mario could steal my heart the way Super did, but I was SO wrong. This game is EVERYTHING to me. I laughed, I cried, I had the time of my life exploring every little area of this game. I can't say enough good things about it. Five stars.

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy: I finally (FINALLY) got around to playing this on the Switch, and I'm so glad I did; I'm kicking myself for not giving Ace Attorney a chance sooner. What a colorful cast of characters, what hilarious writing, what fun mysteries to solve. I jumped on the Ace Attorney bandwagon late, but I'm glad it finally happened.

Miitopia: Yet another game that I've already played previously, but I just had to buy the Switch port when it was released. I'm still doing sidequests and trying to get as many medals as I'm able to before I run out of steam. Such an unexpectedly fun and magical game.

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles: I just finished this (finally) and I'm an absolute mess of tears. This was such a roller coaster of emotions from start to finish. There were parts that sent me into coughing fits from laughing so hard, and more than one scene that made me genuinely cry. I loved this game, I loved its characters, and I'm just so overwhelmed with all the feelings it's given me this past month.

Last edited:
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)
Ys IX Monstrum Nox (PS4)
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS)
Watch_Dogs Legion (PS4)
Astral Chain (Switch)
Tales of Vesperia DE (Switch)
Ghost of Tsushima (Iki Island expansion) (PS4)

Mostly from the first half of the year since I started a new job this Summer. Vesperia I beat last month and Tsushima's Iki Island DLC I completed a couple of weeks ago.

As one who isn't big on actually completing games due to an unwillingness to abandon the characters I've come to love, I can at least say I've beaten one. Specifically, Epic Battle Fantasy 5 (PC), which fortunately has plenty of replay value.

I beat a few Pokemon games such as Emerald and Heart Gold, but other than that, I can say I only beat Minecraft(The Ender Dragon only) and Subnautica

I just beat Mega Man X2.

Attachments

• 20210906_103901.jpg
    20210906_103901.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 48
fire emblem sacred stones
a randomized pokemon black
a pokemon firered QoL hack
ratchet and clank rift apart
DKC tropical freeze switch port
guilty gear strive's story mode (if a movie counts)
king of fighters 2002 Unlimited match (if arcade modes also count)

Games I played and beat for the first time:
Divinity: Original Sin (Classic ver.) - I think I finished it early this year, anyway (technically played it before, but this time finished it on a much more powerful PC)
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The Bard's Tale (2004) - played this some time before, but never finished it until this year
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Games I finished that I replayed:
Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Planescape: Torment - wanted to replay this after ToN, and just finished it the previous night
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II - I think I might have even replayed it twice this year (totally different games from the PC Baldur's Gate titles, just FYI)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Mass Effect

I believe that is all of them, aside from games I didn't finish, of course. Those last three I replayed for the purpose of recording and live-streaming that are on my Youtube channel.

Last edited:
Not very many at all, which is disappointing. ; _ ; At the beginning of the year I finished playing through Pokemon Crystal for the first time, and then finished replaying Pokemon Ruby not long after that. I did complete my first-ever playthrough of Persona 3 Portable in July, though, which I thoroughly enjoyed and am glad I got to dedicate my time to. I also finished getting 100% achievement completion for Fallout 4 and the DLC Far Harbour over the summer, which I'm counting here.

Took me less time and effort to beat X2, especially the X-Hunter Stages. I died several times on the first stage with the moving walls that give you an instant death, but then I didn't die once on the other stages. Either I'm getting really good at Mega Man games, or X2 is easier than X1.

I "beat" Stardew Valley and Minecraft recently; and I'm working on beating Black, since I got stuck on the Pokemon League and never progressed.

- Metroid Prime - it felt AMAZING beating this game. i've wanted to replay this game for so long and relive past memories, but i've never gotten far enough to actually beat it when i was a kid. this game was every bit as amazing as i thought it would be, and i can't wait to see what 2 would be like, even if... i've heard Things about its difficulty. nevertheless, my goal is to go through the Prime trilogy before even touching Dread, so yeah. c:

- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - another game i've played from my childhood, but i've beaten it previously. just felt like replaying it again for old times' sake. while playing this game, i took the opportunity to dive deeper into Fire Emblem in general so now im in-between playthroughs of FE7 as well as FE10 (which i'll get into more after I beat FE7)

- Pokemon Colosseum - extremely underrated game that i think more people should play. the graphics aged horribly, but the gameplay has aged like fine wine. eventually, i'll play Pokemon XD and get through that too, but that's way in the backburner of other games i wanna beat, first. still though, highly recommend as an enjoyable spinoff for the very early 3D pokemon experience.

hopefully going to beat more games as the year closes out! goals so far is to at least beat 5 or more games by the time the year ends. i have quite the limited time due to a number of irl obligations, so i'm setting the bar rather low.

I finished FFXIV Shadowbringers if that counts?

I came pretty close to finishing Fenyx Rising but then got distracted for some reason and haven't come back yet. Hm.

HMMMmmmmmmm let's see...

According to my Backloggd I've finished 34 games this year, but that seems a little off, so I'm gonna try and list the games I've finished that I can remember, in no particular order
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • Final Fantasy 7
  • West of Loathing
  • A Short Hike
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Firewatch
  • Bastion
  • Pokemon Crystal
  • Metroid: Zero Mission
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Super Metroid
  • Metroid Fusion (replay)
  • Pokemon Sword (+DLC)
  • Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King
  • Pokemon Black (replay)
  • Pokemon X (replay)
Aaaand that's about it. I think that the reason my Backloggd has more games than I've actually finished is because it takes into account the games that I've shelved, retired, or abandoned. Some of those games include:
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons (retired)
  • Mario Golf: World Tour (abandoned)
  • Monster Hunter Rise (shelved)
  • Paper Mario (shelved)
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game GBC (shelved)
  • Resident Evil: Revelations (shelved)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (shelved)
and others.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom