• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GameStop DP/PBR tournament July 21

Besides, this is probably the US Darkrai event.

If it is, and I can't attend, I might kill myself.

Well, not really...but I'll have suicidal thoughts. :banghead: Not that I would use Darkrai to battle with, but there's just something about being able to say, " Oh yeah, I was there, and I have a *legit* Darkrai sitting in my box. Hella yeah."

I was thinking it could be a choice (Shaymin, Darkrai, or Arcues). Instead of getting the Pokemon, you'd get the item to unlock them. But, yeah like that would ever happen.

I actually might be able to go.... although my parents will have to check if the closest place is to far away.

Holy hell, 4 out of the 5 Gamestops in town are having this tourney, yet they all have very different rules o_O

I guess I'm just lucky, the Gs's and Eb's around here seem to really support pokemon, (It was like a huge deal here when D/P was released)... from what I have heard from other people on here, this usually isn't the case...

EDIT: On another note, I'm incredibly curious as to what the Mystery Gift is...

Does anyone know if EB games has any part of this? Since, I heard GameStop and EBs are similar/run by the same company.

I don't have to battle the E4 a bunch of times for all that money, lol. The two rich trainers en route to the Pokemon mansion give me all the earnings I need. xD

I'm training my "Meowth Strike Force X" team while doing it though, so it's not a total waste. Anyways, thanks for the tip, I was going to do a search on rich trainers my Meowths can beat up on while using Payday. I love it when they give me more money than the actual [rich] trainers.

Onto serious matters, do they really give event Pokemon this early in the release? I also can't believe why they don't have the same rules though.....

I haven't seen any GameStop stores here in Canada, but I have seen a lot of EB games, but I doubt they'll hold a tourney. I don't care about the dozens of glaring parents, it's a free game! (and I would care even less if it was a free Wii)

I knew about the bookmark, but it's pretty nice to get a chance to win PBR (which I don't have).

Slightly Immoral Azurill you won't have suicidal thoughts over a..... bookmark ;-_-. No, I'm not kidding that's what everyone gets, a bookmark. Not only that legendaries won't be allowed in.

I found out by a post on Pokecommunity http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2632735&postcount=111.

A bookmark, huh? *relief and lolz*

Well, I probably won't make the effort to drive to the next city and participate, now. I already have PBR...but I think it's good that legendaries won't be allowed in.

Parents are free to glare at my 20-year old self as I wipe kids off the map...err, bracket, and then laugh if I myself get wiped off.

Problematically, I do not own a Wii. Or a television.

I was kind of hoping to go, and if a miracle occurred and I took first place, I was going to give the game to the next one down that didn't have it yet. But alas! I checked with EBGames today, and it, like the two GameStops I checked yesterday, doesn't have any knowledge at all of such an event. Waah, I say. Waah!

Waah, I say. Waah!

298994067_5bdd356e05_o.jpg

Parents are free to glare at my 20-year old self as I wipe kids off the map...err, bracket, and then laugh if I myself get wiped off.

Problematically, I do not own a Wii. Or a television.
I'm at a same situation as you are: No Wii to actually play the game in -_-. I'm actually trying to win the one near me for my younger cousin. He's very into Pokemon but he's at the Philippines right now, so he can't participate. Hopefully, I can mop their untrained Ubers and pull first place and get the game. I am wishing no one from Smogon will go to my area, as I'll get wiped from the brackets if that happens.

After checking the list and seeing that none of the three Gamestops in the area are holding it, I'm glad it's just a bookmark. Now I don't even have to consider driving to Orlando with a broken A/C.

where do you find out about these competitions! i live in england and i only know of one pokemon event here ever .. can any one please tell me the site then ? many thanks :)

Only if the prize was a Wii.........

(and only if Canada had such tourneys....)

Awesome!

One of the Gamestop's in my area is holding this event!

I am soooo going there, and I'm definitely gonna win it!!!! :-D

*has a lot of confidence since it's a tournament for legendaries*

Hehe, leave it to Pokemon USA to have another tournament with legendaries. Those tournaments are fun, given the predictable attacks and such.... XD

The only choice I have to make is, which of my legendaries to use. ^^

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom