• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gang of bikers fight to protect abused children

Jo The Marten

Dr. Heart Stealer
Reaction score
These tough bikers have a soft spot: aiding child-abuse victims. Anytime, anywhere, for as long as it takes the child to feel safe, these leather-clad guardians will stand tall and strong against the dark, and the fear, and those who seek to harm.

Even kids know that nobody messes with bikers. Bikers look big, and strong, and mean, both in real life and in how they are portrayed on television and in films. They are easy riders, sons of anarchy, not afraid of anything. And they take care of their own.

A child who has been abused by someone bigger and stronger knows too well what it feels like to be small and vulnerable. BACA shifts that balance by putting even bigger and stronger people - and more of them - on the child's side.

And if those even-bigger and stronger people are scary-looking too, perhaps with flaming-skull tattoos, chains on their belts and scars of questionable origin, so much the better.

"The biker image is what makes this work," says Rembrandt, 54, who is tall and wiry strong. "Golfers against child abuse does not have the same feel. The pink alligator shirt and golf shoes standing in the driveway doesn't do the same thing."

(No offense to golfers. Some bikers golf, too.)

What Rembrandt knows is that a biker's power and intimidating image can even the playing field for a little kid who has been hurt. If the man who hurt this little girl calls or drives by, or even if she is just scared, another nightmare, the bikers will ride over and stand guard all night.

If she is afraid to go to school, they will take her and watch until she's safely inside.

And if she has to testify against her abuser in court, they will go, too, walking with her to the witness stand and taking over the first row of seats. Pipes will tell her, "Look at us, not him." And when she's done, they will circle her again and walk her out.

"When we tell a child they don't have to be afraid, they believe us," Pipes says. "When we tell them we will be there for them, they believe us."

Source

I've been reading this article for about an hour now, and it's just so heartwarming. I wanted to share it.

I know about BACA! My pastor, who's a biker himself, is part of that group.

These people make me proud. Child abuse is a very serious thing, and I'm glad that children have BACA bikers to look up to. :-D

^You're right.

I would be a biker just to do this!

Its great to know about these bikers. Child abuse is a serious issue and anyone helping in this regard is worth respecting. Salute to them

That is... So awesome! Aw man, I love this idea so much. I love that there are people doing that, protecting and standing up alongside kids who need it most and using their tough image for the better. This is honestly making me cry.

Last edited:
The world is a much happier place with the existence of biker gangs that provide this kind of support to those that really need it.

Much love to BACA

That's really sweet. I'm really glad I stumbled upon this thread - I think its great that these bikers are actually quite sensitive towards children and are trying to help them out.

this
group
is
awesmazing
not many groups are awesmazing enough to recieve my made-up words of honor...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom